HomePortalMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inCalendarChatFAQSearch

Share | 

OMG IM POSTIN A TEAM!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Prof. O Mighty Nips

Number of posts : 1024

PostSubject: OMG IM POSTIN A TEAM!   Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:03 am

Ok well I've been trying to make a Sandstorm team for a while now.

Why?
I'm entering a tournament, however, each team must be either monotype or be based off of a team.
I chose to take the ever so annoying Sand Storm Team.

ead Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish
252 HP 252 Def
Earthquake
Ice Fang
Slack Off
Toxic

Gets things going with Sand Stream. I would've like things to get started by using stealth rock but I chose not to as I rather off going for a quick toxic or a switch. He can really take a hit and with a stabbed Earthquake he can pack a nice punch. Unfortunately Taunt kind of hurts this guy due to it crippling his ability to heal and toxic.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Lonely
252 HP 252 SDef
Seismic Toss
Stealth Rock
Explosion
Toxic

He's just... well annoying to face. Seismic Toss or Explosion, each can be used well to take out walls. He's capable of taking both physical and special hits. One disappointment is no recovery move, so I need the explosion to help me out on that situation for when he gets to low HP.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Calm
252 HP 122 Def 136 SDef
Surf
Toxic Spikes
Sludge Bomb
Rapid Spin

Toxic Spikes can help me out with the stall, helps get rid of spikes and stealth rocks decent Special Wall as well. Also, he is really useful if an Alakazam tries to trick another one of my pokemons. He's in here to help me as none of my pokemon resist fire, also to clear the way for my other pokemon of toxic spikes and rapid spin. Surf and Sludge Bombs are both nice stabbed moves and Sludge Bomb has a nice chance to poison the opponent as well.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Impish
252 HP 28 Att 230 Def
Will-O-Wisp
Pain Split
Shadow Sneak
Ice Punch

Ok trying to get some burns in on those darn poison pokes and steel. He can takes special and physical hits. A nice priority move as well. He comes in handy as he blocks rapid spin and fighting and normal attacks don't effect him. He's really in here to mainly wall the fighters out there.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish
252 HP 252 Def
Stealth Rock
Roost
Drill Peck
Whirlwind

Standard Skarmory a real pain in the ***. He can whirlwind pokemon around and just add up the Stealth Rock Damage. I like this guy a lot main problem is with this guy is when a pokemon with a wide variety of moves come in with both fire attacks and electric attacks. Along with magnezone as a threat. Drill Peck is less than Brave Bird, however I need him to receive less damage a turn and try to save the roosts when I really need them.

Cradily @ Leftovers
Careful
252 HP 160 Def 96 Def
Stock Pile
Toxic
Recover
Energy Ball

Such an amazing Special Wall in Sand Storm. I set up with the Stock Piles and he becomes a hard to stop mix wall. Cradily gets the boost in special defense from sand storm so that helps me out a little bit. Cradily is probably my best Toxic staller on my team as he can wall both types of attacks and only crits can take this thing down with 3 stock piles. Energy Ball is just mainly for a stabbed move.

Once I get done with this tournament these pokemon will be up for grabs.

I really need to replace cruel and steel with pokemon with recovery moves. However, I want them to be replaced with special walls.

Any help will be appreciated
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arctic Eclipse

Number of posts : 468

PostSubject: Re: OMG IM POSTIN A TEAM!   Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:21 am

I would suggest SD Roost Scizor over Registeel because your team lacks a good physical attacker. Good team and that's all I can see now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prof. O Mighty Nips

PostSubject: Re: OMG IM POSTIN A TEAM!   Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:09 am

Luigi wrote:
I would suggest SD Roost Scizor over Registeel because your team lacks a good physical attacker. Good team and that's all I can see now.

Hmmm, so the idea of 6 walls is no good right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arctic Eclipse

Number of posts : 468

PostSubject: Re: OMG IM POSTIN A TEAM!   Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:25 pm

I'm not really fond of that since set up sweepers and trickers can stop that and you already have a Tenta to get Specs or Scarf from Trickers and Yoi said you needed steel pokes with recovery moves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prof. O Mighty Nips

PostSubject: Re: OMG IM POSTIN A TEAM!   Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:19 pm

Well not steal with recovery just any with recovery. However, I am replacing registeel with a sleep talk gyarados. It'll help me with fires and fightings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMG IM POSTIN A TEAM!   

Back to top Go down

OMG IM POSTIN A TEAM!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1