Chimchar Forums
Types of Attacks; Physical, Special, and Status 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Types of Attacks; Physical, Special, and Status 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

Types of Attacks; Physical, Special, and Status

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Man

Number of posts : 448

Types of Attacks; Physical, Special, and Status Empty
PostSubject: Types of Attacks; Physical, Special, and Status   Types of Attacks; Physical, Special, and Status I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 7:59 pm

-Physical Attack: Determines the strength of a Pokémon’s physical attacks. The definition of what constitutes a physical attack has changed throughout the game’s history. Up until Diamond and Pearl, physical attacks were of those Pokémon types logically associated with physical damage, which include Normal, Fighting, Ground, Steel, and others. However, in Diamond and Pearl, each damaging attack is individually classified as Physical or Special. This means that certain moves like the Fire-type move Fire Punch, which was previously a Special attack, are now affected by the Attack statistic.
Click here to see the Physical Moves.

-Special Attack: Determines the strength of a Pokémon’s special attacks. The definition of what constitutes a special attack has changed throughout the game’s history. Up until Diamond and Pearl, special attacks were of those Pokémon types logically associated with physical damage, which include Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, and others. However, in Diamond and Pearl, each damaging attack is individually classified as Physical or Special. This means that certain moves like the Normal-type move Hyper Voice, which was previously a physical attack, are now affected by the Special Attack statistic.
Click here to see the Special Moves.

-Status Moves: These moves are not effected by the Attack or Special Attack statistic. They also do not to damage right off the bat. These are the moves that either build up your stats, lowers your opponents stats, protect your pokemon from attacks, changes your pokemon's status, and other things. They are more used for set ups then attacking.
Click here to see the Status Moves.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gameplay_of_Pokémon#Stats <---Source

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Jack

Number of posts : 56

Types of Attacks; Physical, Special, and Status Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Attacks; Physical, Special, and Status   Types of Attacks; Physical, Special, and Status I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Thanks monkey, helped me out and i'm sure alot of other people -JACK
Back to top Go down

Types of Attacks; Physical, Special, and Status
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chimchar Forums :: Canalave Library :: Pokemon References :: Basic Knowledge-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com