Chimchar Forums
Vancouver 2010 Olympics 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Vancouver 2010 Olympics 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

Vancouver 2010 Olympics

Go down 
+5
Monkey
Caitie
Prof. Slowfreak
Draggadon
Spades Slick
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

Number of posts : 377

Vancouver 2010 Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Vancouver 2010 Olympics   Vancouver 2010 Olympics I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:36 am

Anyone going to ar doing anything about the Olympics here in my home town of Vancouver? I'm going to post a few pics that I took around the city (later), as well as answer any questions people have. Not a lot of people can say that they have the Olympics in their town right now.

Hopefully I can also use this to help clear up many stereotypes that you people have about Canadians, for starters: WE DO NOT LIVE IN IGLOOS!!!

Enjoy Wink
Back to top Go down
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics   Vancouver 2010 Olympics I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:37 am

http://www.vancouver2010.com/Click Here To Go To The Official Olympic Website

Last edited by Monty Python on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Draggadon
Draggadon

Number of posts : 61
Misc. Info : Birthdays are important to me, they only come once a year and everyone should feel happy on their birthday, so i started a small tradition of breeding and eving pokemon for people as a birthday gift from yours truly. Just catch me in the chat or pm me when its close to ur bday and ill gladly breed you a pokemon of your choice. Ill need to know the nature, moveset, and evs of the desired poke.

Gyms beat:
JLAs Fire
Darkwarriors Dark
Kurugi's Rock
Elementals Bug
Nicole's Grass
Drakes Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics   Vancouver 2010 Olympics I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:38 am

i have a question, why was pedo bear in the newspapers front page as a Canadian mascot?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/7187027/Polish-newspaper-claims-Pedobear-is-2010-Vancouver-Olympic-mascot.html
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

Number of posts : 802
Misc. Info : Hello

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics   Vancouver 2010 Olympics I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:45 pm

OMG lol, do you think you can size the picture down a bit? If not, i or one of the staff can. Idk, its just super streched lol. But anyways, its awesome that teh olympics are in your hometown, i wish they came to cali! But it doesnt snow here so :[
Back to top Go down
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics   Vancouver 2010 Olympics I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:25 am

draggadon:

It says right in the link you posted that Pedo Bear was MISTAKINGLY identified as a mascot. The official mascots are:

Sumi:
Vancouver 2010 Olympics VAI_1022

Quatchi:
Vancouver 2010 Olympics VAI_1021

Miga:
Vancouver 2010 Olympics VAI_1020

Mukmuk:
Vancouver 2010 Olympics Mukmuk
Back to top Go down
Caitie

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics   Vancouver 2010 Olympics I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:52 pm

Go Canada Go! 10 Golds and you can get more!!
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics   Vancouver 2010 Olympics I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:58 pm

Last I checked, USA leads the medals count. Wink

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Caitie

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics   Vancouver 2010 Olympics I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 7:04 pm

Medals overall, but Canada owns the gold. 12 now!

Vancouver 2010 Olympics 2mcg5y8jpg
Back to top Go down
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics   Vancouver 2010 Olympics I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:47 pm

Canada wins th Gold Medal Hockey Game!!

w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! - CANADA

Sad Sad Sad Sad - USA

I'll add a video of Crosby's Overtime goal later.
Back to top Go down
Padfoot
Site Creator
Site Creator
Padfoot

Number of posts : 32
Misc. Info : You'll never walk alone.

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics   Vancouver 2010 Olympics I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:09 pm

beat the U.S. in any other sport and then celebrate.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

Number of posts : 786
Misc. Info : Saxophone Rules.

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics   Vancouver 2010 Olympics I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:10 pm

USA was better, you Canadians got lucky.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Poseidon

Number of posts : 676

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics   Vancouver 2010 Olympics I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:17 pm

Yeah Crosby's goal was PURE luck. He flung it at the net because Canada needed a change and he got lucky it's that simple.
Back to top Go down
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics   Vancouver 2010 Olympics I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 3:06 am

First of all, does anybody else know the stats of the first Canada US game? Canada had nearly double the shots that the Americans had, and had over 65% of the play. I admit Miller play phenominally, but without him your team was screwed entirely. The Canadians had far more depth, and a much higher level of skill then the Americans. I'm pretty sure I know more about Hockey than any of you do, so you can close that topic up.

Canada statistically got more medals then the US as well. If you think about it you have over 300,000,000 people. Close to 10 times the population of Canada (which is closer to 30,000,000), yet you only had 11 more medals than we did. Theoretically, you should multiply what we got by 10 to make it equivilent to your count. Last time I checked 260 is WAY better then 37. Excluding places like China and India, you practically have the largest pool of first world atheletes to draw from. That is one of the only reasons for your success.

And Padfoot: If you didnt notice, Canada DID beat the US in tons of other sports, notice how Canada has more Gold medals then the US. That means we beat them in at least 12 sports other then hockey (since we got 2 of the gold medals from Hockey). But it was probably more, because you need to factor in that the US and Canada dont always finish right behind or ahead of each other. You should have more medals then us, just read the paragraph before this.

Congradulations on winning the medal count and I had a great time watching your atheletes give Canada a run for their Money in the Hockey. Great job team USA and good luck in the Olympics in 2014. Just please stop being sore losers about the Hockey, you have lots of other stuff to celebrate. I can't knock you down without giving your side of the story a chance; after all, I am Canadian 'Eh'?
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics   Vancouver 2010 Olympics I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:55 am

Monty Python wrote:
Canada statistically got more medals then the US as well. If you think about it you have over 300,000,000 people. Close to 10 times the population of Canada (which is closer to 30,000,000), yet you only had 11 more medals than we did. Theoretically, you should multiply what we got by 10 to make it equivilent to your count. Last time I checked 260 is WAY better then 37. Excluding places like China and India, you practically have the largest pool of first world atheletes to draw from. That is one of the only reasons for your success.
Just please stop being sore losers about the Hockey, you have lots of other stuff to celebrate.
^telling us to stop being sore losers when you were a sore loser on the medal count^
You should learn to do as you tell others to do so you don't look like an idiot. Just goes to show you that our neighbors to the north have little to no brain cells. If we're going by the statistics, your home field and hockey being your national sport would give you some advantages, like our numbers. So even it's just one point for home field and one point for your national sport, those two points means we out did you. I don't go around saying, "well this country has so many people in it" or "this one has so much time invested in this event" or other crap like that. Your better at hockey, we're just the best and most productive athletes overall.

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics   Vancouver 2010 Olympics I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:56 am

I expected a post like that one . . .

You are right, about hockey being our national sport, I will give you that as an advantage. However, 'home field advantage doesn't count for much anything. If you knew, before the 2010 olympics the most gold medals ever won on home soil was 10 or 11; meanwhile, the most golds in a single olympics ever was 13 (which had been done twice). Therefore, hometown advantage did not play that large of a role in past olympics; whether it did in Vancouver, you would have to determine by researching how other countries have done at home and then compare it to Canada's 2010 standings. Both our men and woman won gold in hockey back in Salt Lake city, where was hometown advantage there?

And I was never meaning to sound like a sore loser about the medal count. If you read:

Monty Python wrote:
Congradulations on winning the medal count and I had a great time watching your atheletes give Canada a run for their Money in the Hockey. Great job team USA and good luck in the Olympics in 2014. Just please stop being sore losers about the Hockey, you have lots of other stuff to celebrate.
. . . .

I actually congradulated you on winning the medal count (something that you cut out of your post). Also I only mentioned the sore loser thing for the hockey, and that was because of all the posts about "how it was a lucky shot" or how "it was a fluke". You're making it sound like I'm not giving your side a say at all, yet you give Canada no chance either . . .

How about we just feel happy for each others success, USA for their outstanding preformance and results, and Canada for their first gold on home soil and such. I see it as pointless to argue about this, the Olympics should bring nations closer not push them apart.

GOOD JOB CANADA & TEAM USA!!
Back to top Go down
MuFc Ry
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
MuFc Ry

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics   Vancouver 2010 Olympics I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 1:06 pm

i actually thought crosby's goal was good, the pass to iginla (i think) then crosby moving into a better position to score the goal, so in all fairness great teamwork and goal Smile
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics   Vancouver 2010 Olympics I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 3:34 pm

I have had issues with this country from studying history. You can talk to me on the CB if you'd like to discuss Canada, but I'm fairly confident in my opinion on it.
Both did fine though. I knew Salt Lake was coming up in a post, lol. We got beat by the team who all they do is Canada, so it was alright. National sport cancels out our home field advantage if you play it by stats. Either way we got beat then, lol. As much as I hate you Canada, you played well...but USA got more medals, and we took you into a nail biter OT, so suck it. =P

Monkey

Last edited by Prof. Monkey on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prof. Poseidon

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics   Vancouver 2010 Olympics I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:32 pm

The goal wasn't good Crosby was pretty much all alone... and sure it was a hard angle which is why it was pure luck sure it took skill to shoot it at the net but if there had been no goalie it wouldn't have gone in because it would've gone parallel to the goal line at least that's what i think, but Miller's leg pad let the bug redirect into the goal.
Back to top Go down
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics   Vancouver 2010 Olympics I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:50 pm

How about a change in subject . . . The Hockey and medal count is just going to keep pissing people off. Maybe post your favourite event or best moment of the games. Argument is over, nobody wins.

I'll start, Favourite moment:

When Alexander Biliadou (spelling?) won the first gold on home soil for Canada. I was actually at that event and it was just very thrilling and memorable for me. He definetly deserved it if you ask me, he is a nice guy and did a great job.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Poseidon

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics   Vancouver 2010 Olympics I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:18 pm

My favorite was where Parise scored in the last 20 seconds of the 3rd period. <3
Back to top Go down
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics   Vancouver 2010 Olympics I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 3:18 am

Anyone that wants to see a funny video about a hockey player trying to play baseball click the link below:

Clark the Canadian Hockey Goalie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vancouver 2010 Olympics   Vancouver 2010 Olympics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vancouver 2010 Olympics
Page 1 of 1