Monkey
Owner
Owner

Number of posts : 1794
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: Gen V Discussion.   Wed May 12, 2010 9:30 am

A scan from the June 2010 issue of the magazine CoroCoro has appeared online, revealing various information on the upcoming games Pokémon Black and White.
According to the scan, the first Generation V games will be set in the region known as 「イッシュ」 Isshu, which is quite a distance away from all previous regions. The magazine scan implies that the region is a foreign place that must be traveled to by boat or airplane.
The new playable characters are also presented. They are stated to be more grown-up than past protagonists, and both are wearing devices on their wrists that may be the successor of the Pokégear, PokéNav and Pokétch.
Finally, the scan also shows the starters of Pokémon Black and White; as in previous generations, the starters are Grass-, Fire-, and Water-type. The starters' names have yet to surface in a scan, though PokéBeach reports that they are possibly 「ツタージャ」 Tsutaaja, 「ポカブ」 Pokabu, and 「ミジュマル」 Mijumaru, though these have yet to be confirmed.

Monkey

Last edited by Monkey on Wed May 12, 2010 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prof. JLA

Number of posts : 315

PostSubject: Re: Gen V Discussion.   Wed May 12, 2010 2:40 pm

first stage of these starters look lame, i might actually be choosing the otter over the other 2. i hate snakes, and pigs well r just pigs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raked Leaves

Number of posts : 368
Misc. Info : Sasquatch1196

PostSubject: Re: Gen V Discussion.   Wed May 12, 2010 2:41 pm

the grass starter is the only one that looks cool out of them lol...but at least they are finally making the characters older...not everyone that plays pokemon are little kids >.<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prof. O Mighty Nips

Number of posts : 1024

PostSubject: Re: Gen V Discussion.   Wed May 12, 2010 3:29 pm

Prö╒. ╘ëĺvë§ wrote:
the grass starter is the only one that looks cool out of them lol...but at least they are finally making the characters older...not everyone that plays pokemon are little kids >.<

Tell me about it, I hate being a little boy. Like really, I'm 6'2'' I'm not little. xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Monkey
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Gen V Discussion.   Wed May 12, 2010 7:02 pm

Pokemon finally realized the fans grew up. Lol. Maybe Ash will grow up soon. Actually some reports came in saying the anime would change the main charector from Ash and Pikachu. I honestly doubt it though. Anywho, as for the starters, the Grass Type is the same thing as Treeko...been there done that. The otter thing is too light. Light blue and white, eh. The fire pig is the only half way decent one, but as a whole suck.

Monkey

Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Gen V Discussion.   Thu May 13, 2010 10:54 am

Double post. w00t!
Random update facts to know:

A) The region's name is Isshu (イッシュ) and is located very far away.
Hiun City is Isshu's central city. "Hiun" means "bad luck" or "misfortune." It can also mean "clouds being blown by the wind."

B)Tsutaaja (ツタージャ) is the Grass Snake Pokemon, its ability is Overgrow, it is 0.6 m (2 ft) tall, and it weighs 8.1 kg (17.9 lbs). "Tsuta" means "ivy" and "ja" is one way of saying the word "snake."

C) Pokabu (ポカブ) is the Fire Pig Pokemon, its ability is Blaze, it stands 0.6 m (2 ft) tall, and it weighs 9.9 kg (21.9 lbs). The name derives from "pokapoka," which means "warm" in Japanese, and "bu," the sound a pig makes in Japanese culture (here it's "oink").

D) Mijumaru (ミジュマル) is the Sea Otter Pokemon, its ability is Torrent, it is 0.5 m (1.6 ft) tall, and it weighs 5.9 kg (13 lbs). "Mijuku" means "immature" and "maru" means "round" or "ball."

E) Zorua and Zoroark's ability is called Illusion (イリュージョン). It allows the two Pokemon to take on the appearance of other Pokemon.

F) Two new attacks are Trickery (イカサマ), which outputs damage depending on the opposing Pokemon's stats, and Claw Sharpen (つめとぎ), which raises your Attack and Accuracy. These are attacks that Zoroark can learn.
If you trade over the shiny Entei, Suicune, or Raikou from the the Ruler of Illusions: Zoroark movie ticket preorders, you can battle and capture a Level 25 Zoroark. During the battle, the Monster Fox Pokemon will take on the appearance of the Pokemon you traded over, and at several points it will revert to its original form (probably when weak). When it does, you can attempt to capture it.

Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Gen V Discussion.   

Back to top Go down

Gen V Discussion.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2