Chimchar Forums
Manaphy 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Manaphy 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

Manaphy

Go down 
2 posters

Manapy OU or Ubers?
Ubers
Manaphy I_vote_lcap17%Manaphy I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Ou
Manaphy I_vote_lcap83%Manaphy I_vote_rcap
 83% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Prof. O Mighty Nips
Prof. O Mighty Nips

Number of posts : 1024

Manaphy Empty
PostSubject: Manaphy   Manaphy I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 3:40 pm

OU or Ubers???

Pros:
  • instant recovery from status and hp
  • decent stats
  • tail glow (+2 stages spc attack)
  • can stall
  • heart swap allows it to come in take away your stats boosts and ruin your plan

Cons:
  • stats aren't overpowering
  • Bulky waters and steel pokemon can resist hits and wall it
  • rain isnt permanent in ou cause kyogre is uber so it can be status' before rain comes down or after rain ends

My call Ubers. Feel free to debate!!!
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

Manaphy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manaphy   Manaphy I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 7:04 pm

Some calcs:
Mence:
New Mix set Draco Meteor is 53.9% - 63.6% to the standard defencive, 72.6% - 85.6% to Tail Glow Sweeper. Manaphy with no boost and no S.Att. EVs and a neutral S.Att. nature does 111.2% - 131.7% to New Mix Mence with Ice Beam. Standard Defencive does 87.2% - 102.6% with no boost and Tail Glow does 93.3% - 110.8%. Modest Specs Mence with Draco Meteor to a standard Tail Glow Manaphy does 92.5% - 109.1%. Same base speed so whoever invest in more speed out speeds. So Manaphy makes Mence look UU, lol.

Cune:
Tail Glow Manaphy with no boost does 40.1% - 47.5% to the Rest Cunes with Grass Knot. If they get in a CM v Tail Glow war Manaphy gets +2 while Cune gets +1, so if it's +6 v +3 Manaphy does 64.4% - 75.7%, a fourth CM makes it 53% - 62.9%. Offencive Cunes take 47.4% - 56.1% from a no boost Grass Knot, 31.6% - 37.4% after one CM, so 72% - 93.5% if you take on hit, CM then take another and attack. LO + Max S.Att. + Modest + 1 CM only does 70.4% - 83.1% to the Tail Glow Manaphy with HP(Elec.), so next turn Manaphy gets Cune and Lefties. Manaphy has more base speed.

Zappy:
Offencive T-Bolt does 109.7% - 129.6% to a Tail Glow Manaphy and 79.8% - 94.8% to Defencive(SR makes it a OHKO). Defencive Zapdos(Special or Physical) does 76.3% - 89.8% with T-Bolt. Timid Scarf does 84.8% - 99.7%(so with SR up you KO). No boost Tail Glow set with Ice Beam hits Offencive Zappy with 59% - 69.6%(with SR and your LO damage first turn is a KO). Special Defencive takes 35.5% - 42.3%. +6 S.Att. Tail Glow Manaphy v Light Screen Special Bulky Zappy does 71% - 84.1% and 98.2% - 115.9% to Physically Defencive Zapdos with Light Screen up. Same base Speed.

Bliss(you knew these calcs were coming):
+6 Rain up, Surf(note the STAB), Standard Tail Glow(so Timid Max S.Att.) does 83.3% - 98.3% to a Bliss with no S.Def. EVs. By the time you get Rain and 3 Tail Glows up Bliss can either deal massive damage(shouldn't T-Wave/Toxic if Rain is up, if not it can), then can get some attacks off. By the time you get the 3 Tail Glows Bliss looses all SR damage so you need two hits to KO it. Bliss can get 300 damage off with S-Toss while you Tail Glow. Then you get another 100 damage when Manaphy knocks you down low HP. 3 CM Bliss v +6 S.Att. Surf in the Rain from Manaphy does 29.2% - 34.6%. Manaphy outspeeds base wise.

Random Facts:
With no perma-rain if you run Rest you risk mis counting Rain and losing the Hydration wake, Rain has priority over Hydration so you Rest the turn the Rain stops...your still asleep! With the amount of T-Tars in the OU Metagame you're probably gonna lose any Rain you use soon. 100 on all base stats isn't terrible...but not outstanding in anything. Manaphy can only be obtained via Ranger Games...so what are the odds of getting a good IV one without hacking?

My Opinion: If SMOGON OUs Manaphy it'll have the same life as Chomp and Latias. Everyone will use it. It'll kill something and get revenge killed. Due to the fact that it'll kill something and everyone has one, it'll get moved back up to Ubers. If we OU Manaphy...well...who knows how it'll play out.

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Prof. O Mighty Nips
Prof. O Mighty Nips

Number of posts : 1024

Manaphy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manaphy   Manaphy I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:10 pm

Monkey you got me good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Manaphy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manaphy   Manaphy I_icon_minitime