Chimchar Forums
My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of) 349-1
Chimchar Forums
My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of) 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of)

Go down 
+3
Prof. JLA
Prof. Monk
Spades Slick
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

Number of posts : 377

My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of) Empty
PostSubject: My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of)   My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 7:17 pm

Hello again, seems like I'm organizing more things then ever here on Chimchar. The Celebi thing didn't really work out (seeing as Monkey ended up doing all the sets) but hopefully this will.

Anyway, as I'm sure none of you know, its my Birthday on Saturday the 17th. I'm turning 14 and decided to try and do something here to celebrate (though I will be doing stuff with family and will not be here on the actual day).

What I want to do, from Sat. the 17th until the following Sat. the 24th, is give people an oppertunity to get free pokemon from my Smogon shop ( My Pokemon Shop<--link). I am often testing out teams that I want to use for battling, so I wanted to incorporate that as well.

Essentially, if you see me online try to organize a battle with me in the Chat Box. If you win, you get a free pokemon (It would be easiest for me if you had AR to clone it and send me a copy back, however if neccissary I can get it cloned for you. You just wouldn't get it right away.).

However, if you lose you can still get a free pokemon. All you have to do is PM me your thoughts on my team. What you liked, what you would change, and what you disliked about it. I don't want you to tell me something like this: "Its a great team, I loved it. Can I get your Jolly Weavile?"

I want it to be more like this:
"Overall you had a great team. I liked the way you used the Gyarados and Electivire combanation, it gave me trouble doing damage to you. I would maybe teach Swampert Roar instead of Protect, that way you can add up SR damage. Good Game! Can I get your Jolly Weavile?"

Anyway, I will try to be on Chimchar more then usual (less time on smogon) so that this can work. You can battle me more then once if you want, but I will use different teams. One battle per day though.

Have fun, and remember: Before the battle wish me a happy birthday or you won't get a free pokemon.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ONLY POKEMON THAT YOU CAN SELECT ARE THE ONES LISTED AS "REDIS" OR "FULLY REDIS". ALSO, POKEMON LABELED AS "SMOGON ONLY" ARE ALSO NOT CHOICES. I WILL MAKE SURE THE POKEMON THAT YOU WANT IS AVAILABLE UNDER THESE TERMS. THANKS TO MONK FOR POINTING THIS OUT.

Last edited by Monty Python on Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

Number of posts : 786
Misc. Info : Saxophone Rules.

PostSubject: Re: My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of)   My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 4:33 pm

Varment, you can be blacklisted on the smogon wifi forum for doing this. Distribution of smogon mons on other sites is strictly forbidden.
Back to top Go down
Prof. JLA

Number of posts : 315

PostSubject: Re: My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of)   My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 6:37 pm

even if they r ur pokemon monk?
Back to top Go down
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

PostSubject: Re: My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of)   My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 7:49 pm

@Monk: Only some of my pokemon are supposed to stay on smogon. Some people have just made their pokemon fully redistributable, in otherwords the fully redistributable pokemon (where it is not specified "Smogon Only") can be traded anywhere. You make a valid point though, I will change it to being only fully redis pokemon that people can get (redis on smogon only will not be options either). If the OT gives distribution rights to anyone that has the pokemon then it is fair game. Show me where it says that ALL smogon pokemon are forbidden from being traded on other sites. The choice don't belong to smogon, it goes to the OT when they decide redis.

@ JLA: Lol . . .
Back to top Go down
Maple_Syrupp
Maple_Syrupp

Number of posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of)   My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 9:00 pm

It's pogeymanz, not cocaine.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

Number of posts : 802
Misc. Info : Hello

PostSubject: Re: My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of)   My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 9:36 pm

.Lol, that smogon rule is retarded, its not like the pokemon are being tracked.

Happy birthday! (here its the 17th)
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

PostSubject: Re: My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of)   My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:44 pm

All redis on smogon is ONLY for smogon..
Back to top Go down
Marine
Marine

Number of posts : 173
Misc. Info : I'ma go mid-evil on your hiney

PostSubject: Re: My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of)   My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 8:22 am

I want to draw something for Chimchar forums now.... I just need everyones signature sort of, seems like Nips is obsessed with Kurt Cobain, so he's kind of marked off the list XD
Back to top Go down
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

PostSubject: Re: My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of)   My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 6:21 pm

@ Maple: Lol.

@ Monk: Pay attention to what I said in my previous posts. There is no rule saying that smogon pokemon are not allowed to be traded on other sites. I only need to respect the rights of the OTs that request that their pokemon stay on smogon, and the people that did not give out full rights on their stuff.

Here is a link to the smogon rules to prove that you are making it up:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19407
Back to top Go down
Marine
Marine

Number of posts : 173
Misc. Info : I'ma go mid-evil on your hiney

PostSubject: Re: My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of)   My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:16 am

smogon can kiss my arse. I'mma do what I want in pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

PostSubject: Re: My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of)   My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:35 am

?? Look at the wifi blacklist, lol.
Back to top Go down
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

PostSubject: Re: My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of)   My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:49 pm

Monk, if I actually end up trading people stuff I will arrange for it to be okay. Thanks for your concern for me though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

PostSubject: Re: My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of)   My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:06 pm

Lol, np, it's just, I already had one buddy get blacklisted. Don't wanna see another..
Back to top Go down
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

PostSubject: Re: My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of)   My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:02 pm

Yeah, so far nobody has asked me for one of these battles . . . Looks like it isn't going to make a difference XD

If I do end up giving anything away I will be sure to contact the OT to find out if it is allowed to be traded on other sites (without giving recipiants redis).
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of)   My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:36 am

Sorry for the made late reply, but I can battle it. =)
Second point, $20 says Smogon Staff hasn't heard of us so who cares if you post your shop here? Not like we're gonna hunt down the Smogon Staff and tell on him.

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

PostSubject: Re: My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of)   My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:17 am

Well, maybe that was Monk's plan . . .

Great, I have a few teams to battle with. I don't like to post RMTs on smogon because I get all this crap about obscere (spelling?) threats and other things that will never be an issue. Then they revamp my team making me do even more trading then it took to get the team in the first place . . . ugh . . .

Maybe a few smogon members have actually came here. I have a Zapdos from Jordan (he told me I could trade it if I wanted) that is listed as redis if you link back to chimchar Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of)   My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:21 am

We do have a RMT here. Lol.

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of)   My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Birthday Chimchar Celebration (Sort of)
Page 1 of 1