Chimchar Forums
New Standard Battle Testing. 349-1
Chimchar Forums
New Standard Battle Testing. 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

New Standard Battle Testing.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

New Standard Battle Testing. Empty
PostSubject: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:01 pm

So we will be testing out how battles work if there is no tiers and no bans on pokemon you can use. The standard clauses will still be in effect.
THIS APPLIES TO NON-LEAGUE/TOURNAMENT RELATED BATTLES ONLY!
So for NON-LEAGUE/TOURNAMENT BATTLES the following applies:

-Sleep Clause.
No two Pokémon on either team may be put to sleep by their opponent at the same time. This does not include self-induced sleep techniques such as rest.

-Species Clause.
You may not have more than one of the same exact Pokémon on your team. This does not mean that using a team of all dragon/ground will be permitted against something like an Electric team. DON'T BE CHEAP and use doubles of each type if you can avoid it.

-Evasion Clause.
Any moves that increase your Pokémon’s evasion skills are banned from use. This is due to the simple reason that it brings the battles to a gamble, a luck draw, if you will.

-OHKO Clause.
Any techniques that produce a One Hit KO on the opponent are banned from use. No horn drill, sheer cold, or fissure.

-Self KO Clause.
If both players are on their last Pokémon, and one player performs a Self KO technique such as Self-Destruct or Explosion, and both players' Pokémon faint as a result, the player that initiated the move will be the loser of the battle. This does not include techniques or items that produce recoil.

-Soul Dew Clause.
No using the item Soul Dew.

-No Hax Items.
No use of items which are activated by luck. Such as Quick Claw, Razor Claw, Focus Band, ect.

-No Hacked Pokemon.
The use of any hacked Pokémon is strictly forbidden. This means Pokémon created by Pokesav or any other cheating devices even with legit stats are not allowed. If you are caught with any hacked Pokémon, your team is subjected to being banned for a certain period of time. If you refuse, an inspection of your team by an admin or moderator to check for hacked Pokémon will ensue. Or, if you are caught lying to an admin or moderator, a strict punishment will be enforced upon you.

Make sure your Pokémon are legitimately obtained before using them. If you got your Pokémon in the GTS, check them using IV calculators. Or, if you don’t completely trust yourself, ask an admin or moderator to engage in a trade – not for Pokémon, but to check the stats of your Pokémon to see if they are legitimate. Having no “legit” Pokémon available is no excuse, even highly competitive legitimate Pokémon are not that hard to obtain.
If you want to play with Pokémon teams that have all maxed out stats, there are online simulators that allow this advantage. If you wish to use

Any team participating on this tournament level is subject to inspection of their Pokémon by CHIMCHAR staff at any time. If you cuss, or treat any member of the forum badly, you are subject to a ban for an appropriate amount of time.

If a gym leader asks you before the battle terminates, for a trade afterwards to check for hacked pokemon, you MUST accept the trade within 30 seconds or you do not get the badge. If you disconnect after the battle, and the gym leader had asked you beforehand for a trade, he/she has the discretion to not award you the badge as well as disallowing you from challenging his/her gym for a certain period of time. This is important because we do not want people to be able to get away with winning gym badges by using hacked pokemon.

Monkey

Last edited by Champion Monkey on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

Number of posts : 786
Misc. Info : Saxophone Rules.

PostSubject: Re: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 4:19 pm

I will use all ubers.
Back to top Go down
Prof. O Mighty Nips
Prof. O Mighty Nips

Number of posts : 1024

PostSubject: Re: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 4:44 pm

I am not in favor of this being for standard... Why don't we just use the VGC regulations on pokemon?
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 5:24 pm

Prof. O Mighty Nips wrote:
Why don't we just use the VGC regulations on pokemon?
^If people don't seem to like no bans on pokemon then we'll try VGC Bans.^
People can post here what they think. The next few weeks we'll test out no bans, VGC bans, and our/Smogon Tiers. Whichever has the highest support we will use.

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

Number of posts : 377

PostSubject: Re: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:56 am

IMO everything will be screwed if there are no teirs. Ubers would get abused (*cough*readwhat Monksaid*cough*), and thus it would be impossible to use anything but the best of OU alongside them. This would induce a lack of originality in teams due to the smaller number of pokemon that you can use while remaining competetive. Then things would become no fun Sad

I think that its okay to use Chim teirs, which are only different then smogon's in a few individual cases. However, as explained above . . . this idea will likely fail.

I'll try it out. Maybe I'm against it because I have so few Ubers . . . . . . IDK, lets see what we all decide on Neutral
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:48 am

In Uber battles people generally bring 3-4 "Ubers". Due to the stratigies with Sun/Rain you'll see more Synthisis, Solarbeam, Thunder, Chlorophyll, Swift Swim, ect. ALL of the pokemon with the ability Chlorophyll are "Never Used". It'll definitally bring these pokemon up in usage with the unlimited Sun. Not to mention with Kyogre bringing unlimited Rain, the Swift Swim pokemon will boom in usage(all except Kingdra are NU). Little things like Sun/Rain that Ubers bring to the table will make NUs more used. It'll be a different game, other stratigies in the game. It's worth a shot to see what people think.
BTW-If you do battles with these new standards, post what happens and your thoughts.

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

PostSubject: Re: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:58 am

Wrong. With the likes of groundon, rayquaza and kyorge in the metagame, weather dependant sweepers are easily ruined by air lock, or changes in the weather.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:16 am

But they will be used due to the thought of unlimited Sun/Rain. Weather they fair well or not is a different argument, but they will get more usage.

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

PostSubject: Re: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:55 am

Because they do terrible, usage will go down. Typically, ubers consist of a team of darkrai, scizor, dialga, palkia, kyorge, groundon.
Back to top Go down
Prof. O Mighty Nips
Prof. O Mighty Nips

PostSubject: Re: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 12:23 pm

Monk wrote:
Because they do terrible, usage will go down. Typically, ubers consist of a team of darkrai, scizor, dialga, palkia, kyorge, groundon.

This is why I say lets use VGC restrictions...
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

PostSubject: Re: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 12:38 pm

I like VGC. but then you can't use jirachi/celebi, event only pokes
Back to top Go down
Prof. O Mighty Nips
Prof. O Mighty Nips

PostSubject: Re: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 2:33 pm

Monk wrote:
I like VGC. but then you can't use jirachi/celebi, event only pokes

Yes, but then at least its what they use in the big tournament...
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:28 pm

As I said a few post ago, we're testing "No Ban", then "VGC Regulations", then "Chim Tiers", and then we'll compare those three along with the Smogon Tiers.

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Prof. O Mighty Nips
Prof. O Mighty Nips

PostSubject: Re: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:22 pm

Screw no bans... We might as well just say Uber battle...
Back to top Go down
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

Number of posts : 377

PostSubject: Re: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:02 am

. . . Pretty much . . . .

What is the difference from this and a regular Uber battle? Nothing really, just a different name.
Back to top Go down
Prof. O Mighty Nips
Prof. O Mighty Nips

PostSubject: Re: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:46 pm

So, I battled someone yesterday he used 5 Ubers and 1 UU and I barely won with no Ubers. He said they weren't ev'd or anything which just shows how powerful some Ubers can be.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:09 am

Or you just suck, Nips, lol. I've easily swept EV'd Ubers with OUs, UUs, BLs, and NUs. If you guys can't take the heat, we'll scratch that idea.
VGC BAN LIST NOW SET FOR STANDARD BATTLES
BANNED POKEMON ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Mew
Celebi
Jirachi
Deoxys (all forms)
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus

You may use UP TO TWO UBERS PER BATTLE. This means that you cannot have a team like Kyogre/Palkia/Dialga/Mewtwo in one battle. Non-banned Ubers are considered to be:
Mewtwo
Lugia
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina

Any other pokemon may be used (this includes Tyranitar and all Rotom forms!)

All standard clauses apply.

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

PostSubject: Re: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:33 am

Time for Palkia+Kyogre sweep
Back to top Go down
Prof. O Mighty Nips
Prof. O Mighty Nips

PostSubject: Re: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:19 pm

Monkey, the guy was put to sleep half my team and was able to out speed my whole team with his 2 Arceus', Darkrai and Mewtwo.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 6:52 pm

When you play with Standard Clauses(like I said in the first post). Ubers are no stronger then any OU. If you take away Sleep Clause, Breloom could go Uber easy. No species clause is whatevs IMO.

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

PostSubject: Re: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:28 pm

Monkey, I'll play you with my ubers...teehee
Back to top Go down
Prof. O Mighty Nips
Prof. O Mighty Nips

PostSubject: Re: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:35 pm

Champion Monkey wrote:
When you play with Standard Clauses(like I said in the first post). Ubers are no stronger then any OU. If you take away Sleep Clause, Breloom could go Uber easy. No species clause is whatevs IMO.

Monkey

I completely agree, that's why I won. But the sets were all standard sets and I am pretty sure the pokemon were EV'd. But yeah, the issue that I face was the fact that everything he had hit ridiculously hard due to the high attack and special attack stats. Even worse, it was hard to out speed anything he tossed at me with non-ubers. But yeah, it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

PostSubject: Re: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:40 pm

clans to start now, please
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Standard Battle Testing.   New Standard Battle Testing. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Standard Battle Testing.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chimchar Forums :: General :: Announcements-
Jump to:  
Create free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com