Chimchar Forums
Chimchar League Tournament 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Chimchar League Tournament 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

Chimchar League Tournament

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Prof. JLA

Number of posts : 315

Chimchar League Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Chimchar League Tournament   Chimchar League Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 3:37 am

So I've been thinking about this idea for awhile finally had the time to suggest it. I was thinking do something like they do in the anime and manga with the kanto league, johto league, ect. and have a tournament at the end of summer and another one at the end of winter or beginning of spring. In the show the trainers had to have 8 badges to qualify for the league then they do 3 vs 3 battles until they get to the top 20 or whatever then do 6 vs 6, and in the manga if the have all 8 badges they are noted as worthy and don't have to do 3 vs 3 matches they go straight to the 6 vs 6 matches. So my idea was to do a combination of the two, have it where if trainers are missing one of the 8 badges then they have to go through 3 vs 3 matches and if they have all 8 badges they don't have to battle until it gets to the 6 vs 6 matches. If this is done right we could get a ton more activity, and it will also motivate people to challenge are gym leaders. For rewards I was thinking we should do huge prizes like 1st prize gets 6 awesome pokes, 2nd gets 4, 3rd gets 2 and so on. now i know there are a few people that are good at breeding on here and some that breeding shops on smogon like monk, varment, and myself. if we donate pokes to the tourney this would be very easy to do. also do good consolation prizes since some people might get intimidated by so of are better battlers and might think it isn't worth trying. finally for winner of the tournament gets one other great opportunity... they get to challenge the chimchar champ for his title with out having to go through the E4. This would also be helpful giving the E4 a chance at the title as well, the only difference I think there should be is unlike normal champ challenges where the champ has to use atleast 4 pokes from his original team the champ is allowed to use a completely different team that way the challenger can't easily counter his team. sorry its a little long guys but what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

Number of posts : 786
Misc. Info : Saxophone Rules.

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar League Tournament   Chimchar League Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:04 am

^^I will get members off shoddy for this.
Back to top Go down
Prof. O Mighty Nips
Prof. O Mighty Nips

Number of posts : 1024

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar League Tournament   Chimchar League Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:49 pm

I'll donate some pokemon. But I don't know if I have enough time for the tournament.
Back to top Go down
Prof. JLA

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar League Tournament   Chimchar League Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:27 pm

yea i know this is kinda bad timing since summer is almost over but i think we might be able to pull it off.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar League Tournament   Chimchar League Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:53 pm

Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

Number of posts : 377

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar League Tournament   Chimchar League Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 5:59 am

I'd donate pokemon. I just started Emerald breeding and I'm getting some good stuff.

I'm all for it. Tell me where to sign up Wink
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar League Tournament   Chimchar League Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:49 am

OMGZ MONTY EMERALD BREEDING?!
That was my business on smogon, lol. I had some good breeds...
Back to top Go down
Prof. JLA

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar League Tournament   Chimchar League Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:41 pm

so do you guys want to attempt to pull this tourney off? and also is monkey willing to challenge the winner for the champ title?
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar League Tournament   Chimchar League Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:44 pm

Prof. JLA wrote:
so do you guys want to attempt to pull this tourney off? and also is monkey willing to challenge the winner for the champ title?

Will he/she have all 8 badges and beat 4 Elite battlers with 1 team in a row then me with that same team?
**Note 4 Elite not Elite 4. =)

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Prof. JLA

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar League Tournament   Chimchar League Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:06 am

Champion Monkey wrote:

Will he/she have all 8 badges and beat 4 Elite battlers with 1 team in a row then me with that same team?
**Note 4 Elite not Elite 4. =)

Monkey

no the point is to give people a chance challenge with out having to go through the E4, but as i said before the champ isn't restricted to his original champ team during this challenge since they would be able to counter it easily.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar League Tournament   Chimchar League Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:17 am

Hence why I said 4 Elite, note the order. If they use the same 6 pokes and get 4 battles in a row(4 others in the tournament) then beat me with the same team then sure they can take over.

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Prof. JLA

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar League Tournament   Chimchar League Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:23 pm

well that part of the tournament is pointless then because no one will want to join a tourney to challenge the champ when they still have to have 8 badges and beat the E4 to challenge. point would be to get more activity, and i think the idea of getting a chance to challenge the champ for the title would do that.
Back to top Go down
Prof. O Mighty Nips
Prof. O Mighty Nips

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar League Tournament   Chimchar League Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:30 pm

JLA he wants the winner to have to beat the 4 Elite battlers...
Back to top Go down
Prof. JLA

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar League Tournament   Chimchar League Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:50 pm

well there will be atleast 4 elite battlers in the tourney so i see no reason to have to win the tourney then battle more to get to the spot.
Back to top Go down
Prof. O Mighty Nips
Prof. O Mighty Nips

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar League Tournament   Chimchar League Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:38 pm

That's because the elite battlers will have to face each other and you will only have to face 2 at most or you might get lucky and not even face one.
Back to top Go down
Prof. JLA

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar League Tournament   Chimchar League Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 12:58 am

well that depends on the size of the tourney if we could get 30 people that would actually battle you are going to battle more than 2 elite trainers, im hoping to get atleast that many if we can advertise right. especially with the prizes we will be giving out.
Back to top Go down
Prof. O Mighty Nips
Prof. O Mighty Nips

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar League Tournament   Chimchar League Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:46 am

JLA nothing is guaranteed because the 4 elite battlers can get knocked out first. (Not likely but still.)
Back to top Go down
Prof. JLA

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar League Tournament   Chimchar League Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 1:37 pm

well im sure there is away for us to figure something out but we probably won't be able to pull this tourney off by the end of summer, so maybe try for a winter tourney.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar League Tournament   Chimchar League Tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chimchar League Tournament
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chimchar Forums :: Miscellaneous :: Archives-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com