Share | 

Standard OU Team GEN 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
@ DEV IS A NOOB!

Number of posts: 248
Misc. Info: Soo...

PostSubject: Standard OU Team GEN 4   Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:10 pm

So, Ive been using this team for a couple days. Its been doing very well, and i like it (: but, i wan't to know other's opinions to it, and what people think its weaknesses are.

So, this is a quick look at my team.
Swampert Flygon Jolteon Heracross Snorlax Gyarados

Swampert @ Leftovers (TORRENT)
Relaxed Nature
252 HP / 252 Defence / 4 Attack
Stealth Rock
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Roar

This is imo the best lead, and by far my favorite. Very useful to get SR up, good at taking hits and an awesome phaser. Defensive wall, but a bad point is that it has no form of recovery outside of leftovers.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf (LEVITATE)
Adamant Nature
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Outrage
Earthquake
U-Turn
Stone Edge

Tbh, i only use him because hes awesome. I use him as a revenge killer, scouter and because hes immune to earthquake. Useful for killing things like Electivire and Raikou and stuff. It doesnt do alot of damage though, unless its super effective or the opponent has rlly low defense.

Jolteon @ Life Orb (VOLT ABSORB)
Timid Nature
252 Special Att. / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Thunder Bolt
Hidden Power ICE
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam

Awesome special attacker. Good for things like milotic and celebi that most of the rest of my team has trouble with. Doesnt do good damage to bulky ground types and with life orb taking its hp it doesnt take hits very well at all.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf (GUTS)
Adamant Nature
252 Att. / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Close Combat
Megahorn
Night Slash
Stone Edge

Physical Attacker that i love (:. I decided i wanted a strong Fighting type on my team, and a fast one so not Machamp, and obviously Heracross is the best. Also, its Mac's, so its automatically sexy. Its powerful, but once its locked into a move its really easy to counter.

Snorlax @ Leftovers (THICK FAT)
Careful nature
252 HP / 252 Special Def. / 4 Att
Curse
Body slam
Fire Punch
Rest

Special wall thats is also very fat. Hard to kill after some curses are up and good as a last pokemon, but with only 2 moves its damage is kinda limited, and its very slow. Also, its vulnerable for 2 turns after rest, during which it can easily be set up on or roared/whirlwinded out.

Gyarados @ Leftovers (Intimidate)
Adamant nature
252 Attack / 72 HP / 84 Defense / 100 Speed
Dragon Dance
Taunt
Waterfall
Earthquake

Bulky DDer. Powerful and can take hits well, even bulkier with intimidate, and electric weakness is mostly covered by Swampert and Jolteon. Even though i have things that are immune to electric, i will have to switch gyarados out to them making me lose any DDs if i had any and take SR damage when i switch in again if its up. I have no form of recovery other than leftovers and waterfall + earthquake is bad coverage.

So yeah, constructive criticism and suggestions wanted. Im not sure about a threat list for this team soo xD. And gyarados isnt animated because its BW sprite is ugglyy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dean

Number of posts: 151
Misc. Info: The front line isnt all that special even though they die most pull yourself together and kick ass[In memory of a good friend from halo 3]XBOX 360 RULES NAME BRK alpha ninja
http://kokimatsu.mybrute.com

PostSubject: Re: Standard OU Team GEN 4   Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:08 am

i like this team it has my fav poke flygon and yeah i dont see any major weaknesses well done Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MuFc Ry
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Number of posts: 282

PostSubject: Re: Standard OU Team GEN 4   Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:43 am

tbh i would swap jolteon's LO to choice specs for more damage and no recoil, but thats just an opinion,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prof. O Mighty Nips

Number of posts: 1024

PostSubject: Re: Standard OU Team GEN 4   Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:39 pm

Snorlax can use Yawn it forces switches and what not to help you get your curses in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maple_Syrupp

Number of posts: 222

PostSubject: Re: Standard OU Team GEN 4   Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:30 pm

Starmie can become a problem if not ready for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Monkey
Owner
Owner

Number of posts: 1784
Misc. Info: humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: Standard OU Team GEN 4   Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:11 pm

Ryan wrote:
tbh i would swap jolteon's LO to choice specs for more damage and no recoil, but thats just an opinion,
Not sure what the hell you kids mean with tbh(I know I've asked like 5 times on the CB...but I'm too old to remember new lines), but getting back on track with pokemon. Specs or LO is really a personal choice from what I have seen/had with it. 50% boost and being locked into a move(TBolt and Shadow Ball doing x0 to some types) or 30% boost and lose 10% damage(on a Sweeper who is tied with 2 other pokes and outsped by 2 pokes), and able to switch moves. With the two moves that does x0 to two types...I'd personally go LO over Specs...but they both have their advantages and disadvantages...take your pick, lol.

Prof. O Mighty Nips wrote:
Snorlax can use Yawn it forces switches and what not to help you get your curses in.
What move would you drop for Yawn? Curse is the obvious choice to keep, Rest will help you recover HP after you set up some Curses, Body Slam and Fire Punch(or Crunch/EQ/Ice Punch/other attacking moves) helps you get more than 1 Attacking option. If it had a fifth move slot...well 5 move slots I'd personally slap EQ on with Body Slam and Fire Punch...but Yawn is a nice option...but it'll limit your recovery or attacking choices.

Maple_Syrupp wrote:
Starmie can become a problem if not ready for it.
For this team? Unless it's Scarfed the Flygon, Jolteon, and Heracross all can outspeed and hit it with UTurn, Megahorn, Night Slash, and TBolt.
HOWEVER if it is Modest Scarfed...Hydro Pump will only do 23.1% - 27.5% to the Snorlax, letting it set up some Curses, assuming no Trick, but Tricking away it's Scarf makes Jolteon, Flygon, OR Heracross easily counter it.

Just my thoughts, comments, and what not.

Monkey

Number of posts: 1024

PostSubject: Re: Standard OU Team GEN 4   Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:02 pm

Big Mac Daddy Monkey wrote:
Prof. O Mighty Nips wrote:
What move would you drop for Yawn? Curse is the obvious choice to keep, Rest will help you recover HP after you set up some Curses, Body Slam and Fire Punch(or Crunch/EQ/Ice Punch/other attacking moves) helps you get more than 1 Attacking option. If it had a fifth move slot...well 5 move slots I'd personally slap EQ on with Body Slam and Fire Punch...but Yawn is a nice option...but it'll limit your recovery or attacking choices.

I would take out Rest, that would make it my set and it works a whole lot more than Rest, after all the sleep can bite you in the ass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas

Number of posts: 52

PostSubject: Re: Standard OU Team GEN 4   Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:00 pm

Sorry for reviving... but the team is weak to fighting if anyone cares anymore. Something bulky and powerful like Machamp has no trouble plowing through the team, given NONE of the Pokemon have moves that are super-effective against him and the only Pokemon with fighting resistance is Heracross (my fav! <3). But still, Heracross does not have the best defenses and can't OHKO Machamp, unfortunately. I would suggest putting a bulky Ghost/Psychic in the party, possibly Latias if she's still OU.

EDIT: SORRY I DIDNT SEE GYARADOS CUZ HE DIDNT HAVE A PIC LOL. But still, Machamp can switch-in and Thunderpunch... but at least he can't sweep (given Gyara's amazing bulk, resistance, and Intimidate). I still suggest you replace Swampert then, with a Latias.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Monkey
Owner
Owner

Number of posts: 1784
Misc. Info: humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: Standard OU Team GEN 4   Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:50 am

Thomas wrote:
I would suggest putting a bulky Ghost/Psychic in the party, possibly Latias if she's still OU.
Latias in OU depends on the Generation and time frame the team was played with.
Seeing how the team was posted back in February of 2011...5th Gen was not yet released outside of Japan. So we'll start with Latias' status at said time. Latias was officially re-Ubered, according to Smogon, back in May of 2010 making it Uber at the time of the post. Latias is still Uber in 4th Gen battles...so trying to but it in this team any of that time wouldn't be likely.
Noting that, there are other "bulky Ghost/Psychics" that could be in that team to replace Swampert. Ghost wise you could go Dusknoir, Spiritomb, or Rotom Appliance(if you have the AR/Code to use them on wifi). Psychic wise you get a few more options such as Slowbro, Cresselia, Jirachi, ect. My personal suggestions if your removing Swampert for one is to throw in a Claydol or Uxie. They all get that fighting resist, super effective STAB moves, AND can still do the beloved Stealth Rocks in 4th Gen.
An interesting factor we can throw in now is the 5th Gen aspect. You get alot of more threats to the team that were not there back in 4th Gen(moves, abilities, and pokemon) AND you have the Bulky Latias and Latios in the Standard OU Metagame. HOWEVER the team, team's poster(Dev), and team's critic(Thomas) are all more familiar with the 4th Gen game as opposed to the 5th Gen game(from what I know and can see in the post)...so this last spin is probably the most pointless.
End of the day...Latias is banned where this team was built for AND when it was built. Also the poster of this team hasn't logged on the site since May 24, 2011 and there hasn't been a response here since March 9, 2011...so it's all more-so fun talk than anything that will actually help out improving the team.

Monkey

Standard OU Team GEN 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1