Chimchar Forums
GEN V Team 349-1
Chimchar Forums
GEN V Team 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

GEN V Team

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maple_Syrupp
Maple_Syrupp

Number of posts : 224

GEN V Team Empty
PostSubject: GEN V Team   GEN V Team I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:53 pm

Staraptor

Adamant @ Lfie Orb Intimidate

252 Atk 252 Speed

Brave Bird

Close Combat

U-Turn

Quick Attack

In GEN IV I used a banded Staraptor and it did well but wasn't really flexible. I have fallen in love with this Staraptor since people think it's banded I can usually hit hard and then U-Turn or switch my attack move. Only thing is I might put Roost instead of Quick Attack but Quick Attack has been useful as of late.

Haxorus

Adamant @ Choice Scarf Mold Breaker

252 Atk, 252 Speed

Outrage

Earthquake

Brick Break

X-Scissor

This is the Garchomp replacement I have been looking for for a long time. Not as good as Chomp but he gets the job done. I originally tried a Swords Dancer but it seemed like a "slow" set-up. So, instead i scarfed him so he can get revenge kills or force a switch and put a dent in something.

Vaporeon

Bold @ Leftovers Water Absorb

Scald

Ice Beam

Wish Protect

Another one of my carryovers from my GEN IV team. Vaporeon gets the job done and gives out wish support, especially for Staraptor who is also weak to stealth rocks. This guy and Staraptor are the only ones left from my original competitive team.

Virizion

Impish @ Leftovers Justified

252 HP, 120 Def, 120 Speed, 16 SDef

Taunt

Roar

Sarcred Sword

Toxic

I needed a special wall and phazer because Bronzong was getting set up on too easily. When people see Virizion they think I am going to set up, so as a special wall it allows me to get in a surprise toxic or shuffle with roar to add stealth rock damage. Taunt actually hasn't really been that useful so I am looking to replace it. I put a random number on the speed ev's so if anyone can help I would appreciate.

Jolteon

Timid @ Leftovers Volt Abosrb

252 SAtk, 252 Speed

Thunderbolt

Hidden Power Ice

Baton Pass

Substitute

Originally a subpasser for Haxorus to set up a swords dance but it proved to be better to baton pass when I can into Haxorus or Staraptor for a free switch in seeing as how they can take out Jolteons counters. Jolteon is also amazing late game as it can clean up and also scares away non scarfed dragons and Landorus. I love switiching it in a Rotom Wash's Volt Switch that it does on Vaporeon.

Gliscor

Impish @ Leftovers Sand Veil

252 HP, 184 Def, 72 Speed

Earthquake

Ice Fang

Protect

Stealth Rock

The reason this is a sand veil Gliscor instead of a poison heal is because I desperately needed a stealth rocker ever since I replaced Bronzong. I wanted to find a special wall who could set up rocks so I don't have to replace Gliscor but I could not find one. Bronzong was just replaced, I didn't like Ferrothorn and that's about the whole list. Gliscor is def a must on this team as his physical bulk covers alot for this team. It's also fun pissing off people who bring in their own sand and trigger veil.

Overall this team has been working well but Ferrothorn and sun teams are by far the biggest problems i have encountered through testing.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

GEN V Team Empty
PostSubject: Maple's Sucky Ass Team   GEN V Team I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 12:04 am

I'll shoot out my thoughts on this...if anything carries over from Gen 4 to Gen 5 you and I will disagree on some stupid stuff.(example my sets on 4th Gen being based more on speed or bulk while your sets were based more on power) Another point of view never hurt anyone.

Staraptor:
I don't quite get how people would think it's Choiced after it takes LO damage...but I have been pre-occupied in battles and missed some type of recoil damage or thought it was Brave Bird damage. Expert Belt or Silk Scarf would be more effective at "hiding" the choice item...but that's a minor note.
I'm not sure if it's released or not...but the dream world ability 'Reckless' gives Brave Bird(and any other recoil moves...not sure, but doubt, it includes the LO recoil) a 20% boost. So that's a possible future thought.
If you're having issues with Sun(assuming the issue there is Chlorophyll pokes) then I'd keep Quick Attack as opposed to Roost...just as a bit of speed insurance incase you need a little bit more of HP taken off.
Overall it's fine.

Haxorus:
I'd personally go Dragon Dance over X-Scissor...not too sure if it has the time to set up some Dragon Dances but that lets you slap on a LO or a Lum Berry.
Again overall sounds solid.

Vaporeon:
That's good as is.

Virizion:
For the speed I'm not sure what your trying to get your wall with Roar to outspeed...but currently your speed(with 31 Speed IVs) should be a about...282. That's a tied max speed of Vanilluxe, just under the 80 base speed pokes(Toxicroak, Blaziken, Majikarp, ect) and just outspeeds the 78 base speed pokes(Blastoise and FGator). Again it depends on who you hope to outspeed.
For Taunt...I'd personally scrap all the Speed EVs, move them to SDef(maybe some in Attack and SAttack), make it a -Speed Nature, and slap on a Giga Drain for more recovery. Focus Blast, Leaf Blade, Hidden Power, Stone Edge, Energy Ball, and SD are some other options you could toss around.
Overall is nice...depends on what you need it to outspeed...I'd personally go mix-attacking(to have Giga Drain to heal) bulkier Virizion...but let me know what you need to outspeed and I'll give you the necessary speed.

Jolteon:
I've personally never been a fan of the Sub-Pass sets...but 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'. I like the Sub-Paytya, it lets you run Shadow Ball or Signal Beam. Not much else to say about Jolteon...maybe Fake Tears is Sub-Pass isn't getting the job done. Of course I don't want to leave out the option of Choiced...but Sub-Pass seems to be the team fit.

Gliscor:
Kindof an outdated set, isn't it? Lol. Toxic Heal + Toxic Orb sets you up for SR/Protect/Fling/Main Attacking Move. The Main Attacking move would be your EQ, Stone Edge, Ice Fang, OR my personal choice of Acrobatics(STAB + once you fling it gets a 100% boost if I'm not mistaken). Another option is Flying Gem + Acrobatics(replace Acrobatics for your Protect...without Flying Gem as the item....Protect is pointless).
As for actual SR Special Wall pokes...TTar, Cradily, Bastiodon, and Probopass all have atleast 100 base SDef. TTar gets his own Sand Boost for being a rock type, for what that's worth.

Just my thoughts. You can take them or leave them. Overall it sounds like a nice squad.

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Maple_Syrupp
Maple_Syrupp

GEN V Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEN V Team   GEN V Team I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 1:16 pm

I always lead with Staraptor so people are going to think it's choiced at that moment so I can probably get a surprise KO after that the surprise is obviously ruined. Haxorus is scarfed so Dragon Dance isn't too much of an option. I took out all the speed evs on Virizion and moved it to SDef and switched taunt with Rest. So far I am liking it. If I could have Toxic Heal on Gliscor I would but apparently it's illegal to have it and stealth rock on the same set. I thought about Tyranitar but I just never really liked weather. But with Sun teams messing me up, it's definitely an option.
Back to top Go down
Maple_Syrupp
Maple_Syrupp

GEN V Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEN V Team   GEN V Team I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:05 pm

I've been using Deoxys-D with Spikes, Toxic, Night Shade, and Recover in place of virizion. That guy is a MONSTER.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GEN V Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEN V Team   GEN V Team I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GEN V Team
Page 1 of 1