Chimchar Forums
wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade 349-1
Chimchar Forums
wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
luisyahh
luisyahh

Number of posts : 23

wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade Empty
PostSubject: wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade   wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 1:41 pm

just got shiny male ralts
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade   wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 3:39 pm

make sure it is Adamant or maybe Jolly... but Adamant is most desirable.

252 Attack, Not full speed but a good 200 or so, and the rest in HP, this is so it can take a hit, especially from the special side.

Most people go with something like:

-CC
-Night Slash
-Psycho Cut
-Ice Punch
Back to top Go down
luisyahh
luisyahh

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade   wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:26 pm

k thanks it is adamant too
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

Number of posts : 802
Misc. Info : Hello

PostSubject: Re: wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade   wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 7:17 pm

CHIMCHAR wrote:
make sure it is Adamant or maybe Jolly... but Adamant is most desirable.

252 Attack, Not full speed but a good 200 or so, and the rest in HP, this is so it can take a hit, especially from the special side.

Most people go with something like:

-CC
-Night Slash
-Psycho Cut
-Ice Punch

Since you cant breed it, thats a good moveset for it.l
I think hes reffering to the psyical sweeper

here are the exact evs for it

64 HP/252 attack/192 speed
Back to top Go down
Gary Oak
Gary Oak

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade   wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 7:38 am

Gallade is without a doubt the coolest Pokemon ever (even if you disagree i stand by my claim).

the best move set for a Gallade would be:

Nature:Adamant
EVs: 252 attack/252 speed/4 hp
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash
- Hypnosis

To get hypnosis you have to train Kirila till it learns it and then evolve into Gallade. you wont learn all the other moves then because of the level problem but thats what they invented the move tutor for.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

PostSubject: Re: wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade   wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:11 pm

Gary Oak wrote:
Gallade is without a doubt the coolest Pokemon ever (even if you disagree i stand by my claim).

- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash
- Hypnosis

To get hypnosis you have to train Kirila till it learns it and then evolve into Gallade. you wont learn all the other moves then because of the level problem but thats what they invented the move tutor for.

Hope this helps.

actually, since gallade is more of a hit and hope for a 1 OHKO, or maybe a 2HKO since it has reasonable sp. defence, hypnosis might not be hte best option. The reason being, with its 70% accuracy, its bound to miss sooner-or later, and often seems to miss a lot when you most need it, so missing could result in an instant death or 1 less hit than you could have landed.

just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
Gary Oak
Gary Oak

PostSubject: Re: wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade   wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 12:39 am

Gallade is unique due to the fact it has so many status inflicting moves at its disposal. why wouldn't you take advantage of something like that. you don't have to use hypnosis alone. will-o-wisp is also a great move Gallade can learn (via TM) that would help it against physical attackers. Special defense wise Gallade is an awesome wall with a lot of power to strike back.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

PostSubject: Re: wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade   wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 12:50 am

Gary Oak wrote:
Gallade is unique due to the fact it has so many status inflicting moves at its disposal. why wouldn't you take advantage of something like that. you don't have to use hypnosis alone. will-o-wisp is also a great move Gallade can learn (via TM) that would help it against physical attackers. Special defense wise Gallade is an awesome wall with a lot of power to strike back.

First of all, gallade cant learn will-o-wisp through tm, its an egg moves
secondly were talking about 2 different things here
Sweeper and Spdefence wall
The ev's you stated were for a sweeper, so i assumed you were talking about that, not a spdefence wall.
Hypnosis/will-o-wisp is only good if your opoment is switching in, or your deff. faster.

with the accuracy factor, hypnosis is a move that can be really helpful, but also really unreliable, and wide lens isnt a good item to use on gallade.

Most gallades are usually banded/scarfed/ or orb'd so status moves are not recommended
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade   wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 2:23 am

Wow you guys seems to know alot about theese walls. what is the point? the longer the match goes the longer is the chanse of losing.Just give you pokemon moves that destorys the other..

So i say
GIGA IMPACT<3<3>3<3
Close combat
Psycho Cut
- Night Slash

Last edited by Demon on Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

PostSubject: Re: wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade   wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 2:26 am

Demon wrote:
Wow you guys seems to know alot about theese walls. what is the point? the longer the match goes the longer is the chanse of losing.Just give you pokemon moves that destorys you the other..

So i say
GIGA IMPACT<3<3>3<3
Close combat
Psycho Cut
- Night Slash

hehe your giga impact...
Anyways, walls, tanks. sweepers, support, and so one are vital to a team
Going full power is reckless, and will usually grant you a loss
Tactics are nice to have, and can usually prevail if you have a good plan
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade   wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 8:43 am

i think that your set Ddemon, would pretty much screw Gallade. If your opponent were to send in something that walls night slash and psycho cut, you either will switch and take a hit, or be stuck with CC, which lowers your defenses, or Giga Impact, which is just awful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade   wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 9:02 am

sxedrew wrote:
i think that your set Ddemon, would pretty much screw Gallade. If your opponent were to send in something that walls night slash and psycho cut, you either will switch and take a hit, or be stuck with CC, which lowers your defenses, or Giga Impact, which is just awful.

WELL for first my name is Demon not Ddemon
Second:Giga impact is a good move xD totally kills enny pokemon.:p
Third why do you hate giga impact Razz
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

PostSubject: Re: wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade   wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 2:59 pm

Giga impact is a horrible move, it uses all its power, and its a nutral move, does nothing againt ghosts (your weakness) and has no type coverage
Back to top Go down
MuFc Ry
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
MuFc Ry

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade   wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:56 am

also if you use giga impact and dont kill the other pokemon they have a chance of killing yours so i really wouldnt suggest that move
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

PostSubject: Re: wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade   wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:28 pm

Gary Oak wrote:

- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash
- Hypnosis

Hope this helps.

If anything, this has probably been the most helpful.
Back to top Go down
Gary Oak
Gary Oak

PostSubject: Re: wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade   wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:42 pm

Demon wrote:
Wow you guys seems to know alot about theese walls. what is the point? the longer the match goes the longer is the chanse of losing.Just give you pokemon moves that destorys the other..

So i say
GIGA IMPACT<3<3>3<3
Close combat
Psycho Cut
- Night Slash

The only Pokemon that even has a hope of pulling giga impact off successfully is Rampardos due to his sky high attack and the fact it rarely survives more than 2 rounds anyways
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

PostSubject: Re: wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade   wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 1:24 am

I think weve decided that giga impact is a bad move
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade   wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wut move set and ev spread do i give my new shiny gallade
Page 1 of 1