Chimchar Forums
Rotom Theory! 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Rotom Theory! 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

Rotom Theory!

Go down 
+2
Prof. Poseidon
Prof. Slowfreak
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

Number of posts : 802
Misc. Info : Hello

Rotom Theory! Empty
PostSubject: Rotom Theory!   Rotom Theory! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 7:51 pm

Ive thought about it for some time.
As you know, rotom is electric/ghost.
To get his new forms you go to the room and bring rotom with you. Thus, activating one of the appliances, getting a new move, and maybe altering some stats. Here is my theory about why he changes.

Rotom is electric type. My idea is that the appliances in the room are "lifeless" meaning they have no electricticy. Rotom on teh other hand somes along and sees the appliance. Generating it, and turning into it and getting a new move. Then when you change forms, you take back your electricticy, the item goes dead, and you can give your electricticy to another appliance.

Thats only my theory on electric part.

Since hes also part ghost, it elplains how he can become them. Since shosts can haunt, rotom haunts the dead appliance, poswers it, and becomes one with it.

So basically
You bring rotom
You show it an appliance
He haunts it
Powers it
Becomes it
And learns a new move.
Just a theory though. Let me know what you think.,
Back to top Go down
Prof. Poseidon

Number of posts : 676

Rotom Theory! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotom Theory!   Rotom Theory! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:15 pm

I think this is a great theory. It makes sense like he is electric and he powers up the appliance and it becomes alive. However one thing I don't understand is how Rotom wouldn't just create a new pokémon thus having two, this is where your ghost theory comes in but why would it WANT to be a simple household appliance?
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

Rotom Theory! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotom Theory!   Rotom Theory! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 10:22 pm

No what im saying is that he BECOMES the object. Not two of them. He dosnt create it, he becomes it. He becomes its self. Why, i do not know...ill think about it
Back to top Go down
Prof. Poseidon

Rotom Theory! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotom Theory!   Rotom Theory! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 10:31 pm

No, I think we both have different theories. So here's what I think:
What do appliances need to run? Electricity. What does Rotom have? Electricity.
What does something need to live? A spirit (or so some believe). What does Rotom have? A Spirit (it's ghost type). So Rotom enters the room and there are 2 alternate things here. Either Rotom will use it's electricity to bring the appliances to life. That's why I think there would be 2, all that would happen is powering up the appliance. However, the other thing is, if the electricity doesn't give it life and it just powers it up the spirit will enter and give it a life, however this would require leaving Rotom's spirit therefore there would be only one being left, the appliance.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

Rotom Theory! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotom Theory!   Rotom Theory! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 10:46 pm

Well.
Say you were just a body.
No brain (spirit) and no blood (electricticy)
If all you had was a brain, but no blood, you couldnt survive.
If all you had was blood but no brain you couldnt survive.

What i see your saying is that it powers it up by electricticy, bring it to life.
But thats not teh thing
If all it had was electricticy, it would only be able to run. Not be alive or battle.
With a spirit and electricticy, (blood and brain) it could be one, living, creature. Just like me and you.
Making only ONE thing. Not two. Because rotom basically enters teh appliance.
Back to top Go down
Maple_Syrupp
Maple_Syrupp

Number of posts : 224

Rotom Theory! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotom Theory!   Rotom Theory! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 11:09 pm

Maybe Rotom justs wants to be a refrigerator. I heard that that's the cool thing youngsters are doing these days.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

Rotom Theory! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotom Theory!   Rotom Theory! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:06 am

yup. Were all being washers. Its liek the coolest thing now. Come to school as a washer. Instant popularity
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

Number of posts : 613

Rotom Theory! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotom Theory!   Rotom Theory! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:47 am

Nice theory Slow, i was thinking the same thing on the ghost type
Back to top Go down
Prof. Oak
Prof. Oak

Number of posts : 156

Rotom Theory! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotom Theory!   Rotom Theory! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:13 am

<3 wrote:
Maybe Rotom justs wants to be a refrigerator. I heard that that's the cool thing youngsters are doing these days.

lol! so true...i remember when i used to climb into the fridge and go back in time... =D

i have to agree with most that this is a good theory. leads me to wonder why there is no "TV form" rotom? after all, that's the very first place you encountered him.

why did rotom not take the form of a television set as it's "base" electric form? why did it pop out and just look like a little plasma ball with bolts out of it?

if rotom posseses different appliances in the house, why not the tv when you first meet rotom?
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

Rotom Theory! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotom Theory!   Rotom Theory! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:42 am

Oak, heres is what i thought.
You saw the tv, and rotom was possessoing it.
Either he was only powering it up with electricticy or his spirit. But not fully
He became the Tv, but once you saw it, he seperated his spirit with teh tv and battled you in his origional form. Since a tv would just in fact be electric.
Plus, the makers of pokemon just picked those appliances for certian moves. So a tv wouldnt do anything because he is already electric.
Back to top Go down
Dingen
Dingen

Rotom Theory! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotom Theory!   Rotom Theory! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 6:22 pm

Here can you see when what happens when you get to the rotom room.
There will also be a diary there that the narrator reads.

So check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkxiamsrRgE&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Prof. Poseidon

Rotom Theory! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotom Theory!   Rotom Theory! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:53 pm

Maybe Rotom has been a TV all along and he was waiting for someone to free it and when you watched he was free and he didn't want to be a TV but there was some unknown force like a magnet pulling it in and approaching the appliance triggers said force again thus Rotom is sucked in. Lol I mean whoever said Rotom had a say in any of this?
Back to top Go down
Dingen
Dingen

Rotom Theory! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotom Theory!   Rotom Theory! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:51 am

The thing he reads from Plutos diary is something like this:
Rotom needs to play with something so he becomes the machines.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Poseidon

Rotom Theory! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotom Theory!   Rotom Theory! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:46 am

oh... hmm maybe Rotom is skitzeuphrenic or however you spell it and he has multiple personalities which are the appliances xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rotom Theory! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rotom Theory!   Rotom Theory! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rotom Theory!
Page 1 of 1