Chimchar Forums
VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 349-1
Chimchar Forums
VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+9
Monkey
Mr.Man
Caitie
dragontrainergirl
Raked Leaves
Jordan
Dragongymboy
Prof. Monk
Prof. Slowfreak
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

Number of posts : 802
Misc. Info : Hello

VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 3:24 pm

GAHHH lol thats all i had to say. vote no on prop 8! =)

cause those who vote yes are evil!

bte prop 8 is on gay marrage...

no means you want it

yes means your against it

Last edited by Prof. Slowfreak on Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

Number of posts : 786
Misc. Info : Saxophone Rules.

PostSubject: Re: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 4:18 pm

I vote yes
Back to top Go down
Dragongymboy
Dragongymboy

Number of posts : 657
Location : Karratha, Western Australia, Australia, Earth ...(I could go on and on)
Misc. Info : EVIL PERSON

PostSubject: Re: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 7:31 pm

what is this? is this wait I'll google it !

..OMFG (I've never used that term before!) r u serious slow?

and i agree monk urgh the thought....as much as they are entitled to induviduality i still feel sick..... and so do my two male kingdras in the daycare but they are more embarresed than much else...!

Last edited by hazza1352 on Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

PostSubject: Re: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 7:36 pm

WHAT@?@?@??#>#?>#@

may i ask why monk?
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 10:02 pm

Why do you guys hate gay people? What if Straight people couldnt get MArried and only gay people could, would you fight to get married?
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

PostSubject: Re: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 12:18 am

i meant no

Last edited by Monk on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raked Leaves
Raked Leaves

Number of posts : 368
Misc. Info : Sasquatch1196

PostSubject: wow   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 12:32 am

gay ppl have all the right to be married and i think slow was wondering wat u meant he said no means u want gay marriage and yes means u dont i think and u said yes im not sure though
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

PostSubject: Re: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 12:35 am

oops, didn't read carefully, editing post
Back to top Go down
dragontrainergirl
dragontrainergirl

Number of posts : 353

PostSubject: Re: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 1:08 am

im in a diffrent country Very Happy
so i really dont care who you vote for! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dragongymboy
Dragongymboy

Location : Karratha, Western Australia, Australia, Earth ...(I could go on and on)

PostSubject: Re: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 5:52 am

ho hum looks like slow has changed my mind (not an easy feat) i would vote that they can get married but they must keep themselves to themselves otherwise

shotgun sales will be up and there will be bodies.....nah joking that's predjudice bad hazza!
Back to top Go down
Caitie

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 8:25 am

I believe that people's sexual preferences should not hold them back in any endevours in life that are given to all others. Straight teenagers groping each other and making out on the street sickens me just as much as any other 'thing', because it is rude to people around. But if it is considered 'okay' to the general public, the same allowances should be granted to those with slightly different preferences.

I would vote no, and allow them to be complete equals. It is sick that people think they can control their lives like they are a lower form of human being.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 10:03 am

i'm gonna go with yes, and here's my reason
way back when marrige was union between a man and a woman, for thousands of years that's how it's been defined, who are we to change that definition
if i made something witch thousands of years later people tried to chaged what it ment, i'd be rolling in my grave, as the saying goes
so give them some type of union, but with a different title, held to the same rights, the same responsibilities, except they can't produce children, however should be able to adopt/raise them
you can't change the definition of a word to be more "politicly correct", if it has one definition keep it as that and allow other words to fufill the "political correctness"

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

PostSubject: Re: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:35 am

Monkey the Old Fart wrote:
i'm gonna go with yes, and here's my reason
way back when marrige was union between a man and a woman, for thousands of years that's how it's been defined, who are we to change that definition
if i made something witch thousands of years later people tried to chaged what it ment, i'd be rolling in my grave, as the saying goes
so give them some type of union, but with a different title, held to the same rights, the same responsibilities, except they can't produce children, however should be able to adopt/raise them
you can't change the definition of a word to be more "politicly correct", if it has one definition keep it as that and allow other words to fufill the "political correctness"

Monkey

well monkey you have your opinions i have mine.
Dont get me wrong, im not gay, but i just think people should have the same rights.

Plus monkey, the world is all about change. If we never changed. We'd be living in one big error.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 2:30 pm

Does not the Constitution say "All Men are Created Equal"? Then shouldn't people who have different preferences by allowed the marriage rights of someone who decides to be more "traditional"?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

PostSubject: Re: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 6:05 pm

sxedrew wrote:
Does not the Constitution say "All Men are Created Equal"? Then shouldn't people who have different preferences by allowed the marriage rights of someone who decides to be more "traditional"?

i beleive they should be allowed to live together, ect., BUT i checked the dictionary in my room, and i quote, "marriage-the condition of living together as husband and wife" and even the bible says, in Genesis 2:22-24, "The Lord God then built into a woman the rib he had taken from man. When he brought her to the man the man said, 'this one at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh. This on shall be called woman, because out of her man the this one has been taken.' that is why a man leaves his father and mother and clings to his wife and the two of them become one."

so both man and "God", or whatever force prevents our utter distruction(NOTHING happens be chance), states clearly that marriage is to be between a man and a woman

so in my opinion give them a civil union, or something that provides them with the same legal rights, but the term marriage should be reserved for a man and a woman

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 9:37 pm

I believe in what the Bible has to say but not the literal meaning of it. The Bible was rewritten and translated years after the events theoretically occurred so you never know.. ramble, rant, done.
Back to top Go down
Dragongymboy
Dragongymboy

PostSubject: Re: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:27 pm

ho hum intersting topic that you've made here slow they've even dragged the bible into ....WAIT FOR ME I LOVE PUB BRAWLS!

i have changed my mind again and agree with monkey!
you guys are all my friends still im just talking about this topic ..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Raked Leaves
Raked Leaves

Number of posts : 368
Misc. Info : Sasquatch1196

PostSubject: well   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:53 pm

i have to go with drew on this and gay ppl should have every right just like man and wife one can be the man and the other the wife (not meant to be funny this is serious to me) i have a gay friend (no im not gay) and he thinks that it should be ok to get married
Back to top Go down
Caitie

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 7:15 am

Not all people believe in the same God. Should laws be made in light of only one?
Back to top Go down
Dragongymboy
Dragongymboy

PostSubject: Re: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 7:39 am

wow the people of chimchar are so smart and diplomatic we could run tasmania!

and good point caitie though this only makes it hard to figure out what to do ! Razz
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

PostSubject: Re: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:22 am

Catie is right.
Im not too religious, and i have doubts a lot of the time.
Should the constitution be writtin according to one god, when there are MANY MANY cultures living here?

The constitution had aMENDments
meaning, it was made so it could be prepared for change.
so basically, there is no such thing as traditional.
Knowing that, it should be writtin according to everyones' god.
Btw, bringing the bible into this might not be so great because people of other religions might not believe in that god.

Laws should be made according to the people, not some god that not everyone believes in.

Ok anyways, think about it.
Why should we vote yes?
i mean, no harm done.
Monkey, how would this affect you as in terms of your life?
You told me you had a gay friend, are you saying you should neglect him of his rights just because you want things to go traditionally/your way?
It certianly wouldnt affect the children of america.
Gay marrige has been around before, not too much of an impact.
and its not one of those things where the children will think gay is cool.
just because you hang around a gay person, dosnt make you gay.
If you hung out with a tall person, would you become tall?
if you hung out with someone of a different religion, would you convert?

No

So i dont see how we could deprive people of rights, just because we believe its not how the USA is supposed to be. because in fact, noone knows how its supposed to be. it changes everyday.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

PostSubject: Re: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 5:52 pm

@Caitie:
More than one faith with a "God" state that marriage is between a man and a woman, here are three "Gods" who said so:

"The Lord God then built into a woman the rib he had taken from man. When he brought her to the man the man said, 'this one at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh. This on shall be called woman, because out of her man the this one has been taken.' that is why a man leaves his father and mother and clings to his wife and the two of them become one." (Genesis 2:22-24)---Christian/Jewish belief

"Do not marry unbelieving women until they believe. A slave woman who believes is better than an unbelieving woman, even though she allures you.... Unbelievers beckon you to the Fire. But Allah beckons by His Grace to the garden of bliss and forgiveness. And He makes His signs clear to mankind, that they may receive admonition" (Qur'an 2:221)----Muslim belief

"In Hindu dharma, marriage is viewed as a sacrament and not a contract. Hindu marriage is a life-long commitment of one wife and one husband, and is the strongest social bond that takes place between a man and a woman." (http://mailerindia.com/hindu/veda/index.php?hindumarriage)-----Hindu belief(i don't have their scripture, or the time to look it up)

so as you can see different scriptures state that "God" defined marriage as between a MAN and a WOMAN, civil union(or some other fancy word) would be more accurate my what whatever force created the universe(no way we were made my chance)
we, America, haven't changed the definition that we held for over 200 years, other countries before us held that definition, so i'm cool with them living together, paying bills together, and however it is that they do their night time actions together(PLEASE NO ONE EXPLAIN)
just don't call it marriage
if you look at American history we are "one nation, UNDER GOD, with liberty and justice for all" so you can't remove religion from us, that's part of our whole purpose for starting, to escape RELIGIOUS persecution!
you can't remove God from our goverment, it's on the dollar bill

Monkey
Back to top Go down
BuG
BuG

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 5:55 pm

um im pretty sure it was prop. 2 not prop. 8 I think 8 was about community college taxes
Back to top Go down
Dragongymboy
Dragongymboy

PostSubject: Re: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 7:24 pm

no the only way i knew what it was was with googling prop8

btw claps to monkey and slowfaeces for all their research!

lol, slowfaeces
Back to top Go down
Prof. Poseidon

Number of posts : 676

PostSubject: Re: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 1:43 am

Nah prop. 8 is about gay marriage, I don't see a problem with it they get married anyways and they'll continue being boyfriends plus it's discrimination.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VOTE NO ON PROP 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next