Chimchar Forums
Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber? 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber? 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber?

Go down 
+6
Prof. Poseidon
Bea
Maple_Syrupp
Prof. Slowfreak
Monkey
Dingen
10 posters

Should Deoxys-Speed be moved to the Uber Tier?
Yes
Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber? I_vote_lcap67%Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber? I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 12 ]
No
Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber? I_vote_lcap33%Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Dingen
Dingen

Number of posts : 224

Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber? Empty
PostSubject: Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber?   Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 5:20 pm

A coupe of weeks ago, smogon.com decided to move Deoxys Speed Form to the Uber tier. Smogon's decisions is
kind of official, but I have noticed that several big forums has decided to ignore this. That's why I think we
on Chimchar Forums should decide if Deoxys Speed should be uber on this forum.

If you decide to post on this topic, please dont post what you voted, but why you voted that in more than 2 sentences. Please keep this topic SPAM-free.

Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber? 389
Why Deoxys Speed should be uber:
• Since Deoxys-Speed is so freaking fast, it always gets to attack first.
• Deoxys-S has a sick movepool. Period.
• It's stats is decent distributed.
• The only reason why Deoxys Speed was moved to OU in the first place, was to get a decent Garchomp counter

Why Deoxys-S should not be uber:
• It's offencive stats are not good enough to be considered uber.
• When it's paralyzed, its pretty much useless.
• It has many OU counters like Spiritomb and Bronzong.

Smogon.com wrote:
In the overused environment, Deoxys-S can force any team into submission. Its gigantic movepool and decently distributed stats allow him to easily abuse any strategy that you plan to use him for, provided that you are not using Choice sets. What separates him from many special sweepers is that he's fast, and that doesn't mean Porygon-Z fast; it means with base Speed of 180. His real power is hitting super effectively and attacking first, but he is still vulnerable if he tries to hit healthy Pokemon that aren't weak to his attacks. He can easily become a sick sweeper or even stall opponents out with little effort. Despite some of the negatives given to him, Deoxys-S is an excellent consideration to an overused team that gets sick of Pokemon like Gengar and Garchomp from sweeping it.

The poll will be open for 10 days.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber?   Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 5:30 pm

Ridiculous speed with a ridiculous movepool, i would want it uber.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

Number of posts : 802
Misc. Info : Hello

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber?   Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 6:48 pm

I vote uber

Its speed it "uber" high Razz
and its movepool is CRAZY

i vote uber
Back to top Go down
Maple_Syrupp
Maple_Syrupp

Number of posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber?   Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 9:52 pm

OU
Back to top Go down
Bea
Bea

Number of posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber?   Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 7:34 am

OU

Dusknoir, spiritomb, and other pokes with good def could bring deoxys down. With a bad offence dusknoir could use thunderwave or some ghost attack.

-I like deoxys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber?   Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 9:40 am

i still think that if you slap on a choice item (specs, band) it can cause too much damage.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Poseidon

Number of posts : 676

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber?   Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 7:43 pm

I agree Drew, or even a Focus Sash for that matter! Speed is just not to be outdone, simply impossible, movepool can cover pretty much all weaknesses plus don't you think someone who uses Deoxys-S would have a counter for it's counters? They're not retarded... it belongs there with all of it's bros/sis's whichever you think it is.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

Number of posts : 802
Misc. Info : Hello

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber?   Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 7:54 pm

Then again. There are some ways to defeat a deoxys-s...

Trickroom style!!!...Set up a good trick room, get a good punch, and with his HORRID defences...hes gone probably before the trick room is over if you have someone who has good defences on your side.

SWITCHEROO!!!! if you know hes holding a choice scarf...then make yourself hold a lagging tail or an iron ball. use switcheroo...and if you have enough base speed...you might just beable to attack first and OHKO him.

then again, this is very similar to teh garchomop case.

He deserves uber....but hes not completly uber material.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Oak
Prof. Oak

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber?   Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:58 am

I don't know! I don't know!!

I just finished EVing my Deoxys! Now I can't use him, except in uber battles, and I don't like those very much, forget battling in them =P

He has good reasons to be uber and good reasons to be OU.

I can't vote on this one =(
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber?   Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm

move pool+speed+choice band/specs=uber
Back to top Go down
Dragongymboy
Dragongymboy

Number of posts : 657
Location : Karratha, Western Australia, Australia, Earth ...(I could go on and on)
Misc. Info : EVIL PERSON

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber?   Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 1:13 am

i say uber but what about garchomp? we can't leave garhomp out what do we say to garchomp? i say ou because he's the onl way i can have a full monotype dragon team.

could i have admin permission to do for garchomp in a new topic what dingen has done for Deoxys-S here?
Back to top Go down
NorBoyZ

Number of posts : 259
Misc. Info : B****, I'm fabulous.

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber?   Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 7:09 am

dang, I can't get the orange color -_-

but anyway, I voted NO! with good reosons! (I don't remember all Razz)
Deoxys isn't actually good...
the only Awsome with it, is its speed. its Attack and Sp. Attack is just as good as regular pokemons, maybe worse!
the Defence and Sp. Defence is not good either :|
so if Deoxys holds Choice Band or Choice Scarf (I realy think its a bad idea for a Deoxys to hold Scarf, but thats my opineon) or Choice Specs.
if it holds some of these, you can just send a poke with Focus Sash Smile
but serously, I think Ninjask is worse than Deoxys.... Ninjask and he's Speed Boost is UBER, why don't they just make him uber too!?

Smogon just puts some pokes at the uber list because they want to... Sad
I hate them Mad
(uhm... I don't hate them Sad sorry Smogon)
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber?   Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 7:17 pm

Norwegianboy wrote:
Deoxys isn't actually good...
the only Awsome with it, is its speed. its Attack and Sp. Attack is just as good as regular pokemons, maybe worse!
the Defence and Sp. Defence is not good either :|

first off, his Att., Def., Spec. Att., and Spec. Def. aren't bad, their 1/2 way decent
as for moves/items/EVs i'd run an Adament one with Focus Sash, Counter, Mirror Coat, Thunder Wave, and Super Power, EV's-252 Attack, 252 Speed, and 4 HP
i'd say Uber him, top speed+1/2 decent other stats(exculding HP) is enough to be Uber

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber?   Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chimchar Forums Election: Should Deoxys-S be uber?
Page 1 of 1