Chimchar Forums
Stuff to discuss 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Stuff to discuss 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

Stuff to discuss

Go down 
+7
Maple_Syrupp
Monkey
DeadSoldier
vanillabear
Prof. Poseidon
Jordan
Prof. Oak
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Prof. Oak
Prof. Oak

Number of posts : 156

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:13 pm

Ok people, it seems that ever since I became an admin, nearly all active members have been getting real excited about making an Elite Four. It has been discussed before, but now that someone is around to actually do something about it, its like wild fire. I'm not saying that it's Drew's fault and I understand his reasons for not making one and agree. I did, however, take it all into consideration and since this is what people seem to really want, we'll give it a try.

Here is what has to happen:

-1. Who should be in the Elite Four?
There are alot of great battlers on here, some are Gym Leaders, some are just regular battlers. Where should we pick them up from? Personally I would like to promote Gym Leaders as they have had much experience on battling with mono type teams. However, if someone else can prove their worth with a mono type team, they should be in consideration also. So I would like all who respond to this post to either reply or PM me with who they think should be in the Elite Four.
Pick 4 people, Gym or non, and I'll tally up the most votes.

-2. New Gym Leaders
If Gym Leaders are promoted to the Elite Four, obviously we will be short of Gym Leaders. So new ones have to fill the spots. Being as how Gym Leadres are in demand (for some strange reason @_@) I don't see this as a problem. Gym Leaders must have 6 mono-type pokemon theme of a type that is not already taken. I forgot who the Gym Testers are, but I recommend we make the Testers the new Elite Four. Master battlers like them would obviously know who is good for taking up a Gym position. I guess this section will be to vote on keeping the current Gym Testers or having it be done by the Elite Four.

-3. The Sub-Usergroups
I don't know why I call it a sub-usergroup, there really is no such thing, its just more usergroups lol
But I like this idea alot and I'm sure others do also. You can read all about my idea for the "sub-usergroups" by clicking here.

-3a. Once we have filled the Gym positions made empty by promotions to the Elite Four (presumably), any member may become a Gym Trainer. You would get to pick which Gym type you want to "study" under. I'm still working out on how many one-type pokes you have on a team.

-3b. Pokemon Trainers will follow shortly after. Again, anyone can become a Pokemon Trainer and you join the usergroup when you defeat your first Gym Trainer (verified by first Gym Trainer). As in the link I posted, you DO NOT have to defeat all Trainers in a gym to get to the Gym Leader. Defeating Gym Trainers just adds ranks to your Trainer profile.

-3c. Professor's Aides. I still don't know what this group can or will do, but they are determined by taking the Prof. Test and scoring at least half correct. Uh...some who are already "full fledged" Professors might be dropped to this rank, since it was intended for them in the first place o_O

So, that's it! I hope will these new thingies, we can have more activity, more members and more everything!

As I said before, you can reply to this post with your comments, concerns, questions, maybe ideas as well. I ask that members also vote on topics 1 and 2 either by posting a reply or PMing me in this fasion:

1. Guy1, Guy2, Guy3, Guy4
2. I want Elite Four to be Gym Testers/ I want the original Gym Testers

thanks alot everyone!
love,
Oak ;D
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

Number of posts : 613

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 2:45 pm

The Gym Tester are me, Maple, and Shiny, Who would be the last person?
Back to top Go down
Prof. Poseidon

Number of posts : 676

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 3:16 pm

I'm a gym tester.. even though I don't battle I will still test gyms. Everyone always leaves me out...
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 3:22 pm

I run The Gym Tester thing cause im the only person who really wanted to, the only way you can be a Gym tester again is if a Admin says so to overpower me
Back to top Go down
Prof. Poseidon

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 3:34 pm

Ok then never mind then I am not a gym tester...
Back to top Go down
vanillabear
vanillabear

Number of posts : 328

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 3:53 pm

id wanna be a gym trainer for water later
Back to top Go down
DeadSoldier
DeadSoldier

Number of posts : 182
Misc. Info : Demonic

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 4:10 pm

My votes are so easy it's laughtable Shiny, after he battles the only thing i see after is: gg i won, or i won gg.
And dingen is quite good i have seen his vids. these are recomandations from Demon
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 5:45 pm

Most every post that has been here is SPAM, everyone stop (demon thank you for being on topic). Please, try to remain on topic. BTW Lenn, you will be a tester, you've proved yourself, you deserve it.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Poseidon

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 6:05 pm

Thank you Drew. I think Maple is a really good battler too. Also Oak. My four recommendations have to be Shiny, Oak, Maple, and idk who else. Maybe even jiannotto.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Oak
Prof. Oak

Number of posts : 156

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 7:24 pm

-_-

Yes, please stop bickering and spaming, just post the names of FOUR people you think should be in the Elite Four.

And, should the E4 be gym testers, or should it be kept to just Maple, Jordan and Shiny?
Back to top Go down
Maple_Syrupp
Maple_Syrupp

Number of posts : 224

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 7:34 pm

It's better we pm Oak the nominations.

Last edited by Mikayla on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:18 pm

I don't think the testers are necessarily the best battlers of the site, a poll should be created eventually but for the time being i would let events unfold.
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:55 pm

Drew no one said Testers were the best on the site >_>
Back to top Go down
Prof. Poseidon

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:55 pm

Yeah I'm not good at it but I can see strategy
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 9:32 pm

Well, Jordan and Lennard, Oak asked if perhaps the Gym Testers should be the Elite Four members. The Elite Four should presumably be the best battlers on the site, no? Well, I was voicing my opinion that the Elite Four should be selected more carefully then simply allowing the testers to get the job...
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 9:59 pm

Oh ok, The E4 could be the best of the site but they have to be good with Mono type teams.
If Gym Testers were very good then they should get the job, I heard that someone wanted Monk to be in the E4, Hes not a Gym Tester but he is good with a Mono type team.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Poseidon

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 9:59 pm

I agree Drew. I think we should hold a poll like we did on the old chimchar but first I think all gym testers should declare their nominees to be added.
Back to top Go down
DeadSoldier
DeadSoldier

Number of posts : 182
Misc. Info : Demonic

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 1:20 pm

Okei i will nominate again, Shiny,Dingen,Ex-Soldier and Monkey. I am 100% about the two first but monkey and ex seem kinda good so i want to recommand them two.
These are recommandations from Demon
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

Number of posts : 786
Misc. Info : Saxophone Rules.

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:59 pm

I think I would be a horrible E4 member, I'm not advanced yet, MAple, shiny, ex-soldier, dingen, are my choices
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

Number of posts : 448

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 5:10 pm

the next matter to discuss is if we want an order or not
BTW: i moved the old gym post of the E4 here to stop confusion

ADD ON:and how many fillers is important(thinking 1-2)

Monkey

Last edited by Monkey on Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maple_Syrupp
Maple_Syrupp

Number of posts : 224

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:43 pm

No set order.
Back to top Go down
BuG
BuG

Number of posts : 164

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:26 pm

I say no particular order... and thanks for moving the post monkey and

btw that is a BAMF trainer card fo ril
Back to top Go down
sample of doom

Number of posts : 49

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:51 pm

ya, i think that the E4 should be gym testers. after all, the E4 have to use strategy, so they would know all about it. if they are the most experienced trainers, i do not know, but they do have to use strategy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stuff to discuss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuff to discuss   Stuff to discuss I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stuff to discuss
Page 1 of 1