Chimchar Forums
problem with new rules 349-1
Chimchar Forums
problem with new rules 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

problem with new rules

Go down 
+5
Dragongymboy
Thomas
Mr.Man
Champ
neji
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
neji
neji

Number of posts : 4

problem with new rules Empty
PostSubject: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:30 pm

First off Monkey isnt even following the rule of respect because he said He didnt care what drew or oak or anyone else said or thought about his changes to the rules....I may be a new member but i can see what might be driving away members. Its monkey! no offense he seems like a nice guy but he needs to relax a bit and not take things so seriously.
the other day a member asked me to check a pm on another site...he didnt tell me to stop what i was doing and leave chimchar all together...he just asked me to check a message. yes i do have a forum of my own...but i encorage my members to also join chimchar because chimchar is awesome. And when they get there and see someone who isnt even an admin taking control and acting like they rule makes me look dumb for suggesting they join here in the first place.
i dont want monkey to get in trouble i just want him to chill out. He's a mod not an admin ....i know im just a low ranking member but once he recognizes his place i will fade to the backround and assume my place as a quiet member.
Back to top Go down
Champ
Champ

Number of posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:23 pm

what are you talking about. i don't think a new member should be attacking a veteran member since you don't even know Monkey. ok pal? whistling
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:41 pm

Champ, don't kill his spirit, i was a new member once
i remember i even tried to get Caitie banned back in the day(not sure if she know's that)
and Neji...let's see what other members say
lesson of the day:new or old member...we're all Chimchar members, and we all have a voice
Wink

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Champ
Champ

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:42 pm

sorry Monkey, just trying to back you up. I thought he was being a little too critical and should not blame you for something that i believe you had nothing to do with.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Thomas

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:03 pm

Heh, well who would come to terms with some rules that violate human rights anyway?
Back to top Go down
Dragongymboy
Dragongymboy

Number of posts : 657
Location : Karratha, Western Australia, Australia, Earth ...(I could go on and on)
Misc. Info : EVIL PERSON

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:04 pm

....Diplomat monkey ftw!...lol very good way to handle this monkey lol when i saw the big type i dreaded what it might say!...lol

and i was on when monkey posted those new rules i know why he did it and i understand...monkey made this site...(in case you didn't know that!) and he is awesome.. he has just as much power as any admin because at least a third of the members would be behind him on most decisions...but he is human (or in this case muntant monkey!) and he did something to put a halt in the rulebending..they way he did it may have been rather informal...lol but he tried!..

..............human rights?..do you mean monkey rights?
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 8:42 am

SPAM Jordan... message deleted. But to stay on topic, Monkey made these rules because so many people were disregarding the core rules and finding ways to still be crude. I support what Monkey said, and don't really see how they violate human rights...
Back to top Go down
DeadSoldier
DeadSoldier

Number of posts : 182
Misc. Info : Demonic

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:21 am

Would you guys knock it off DON'T make me come in there. Monkey is a son of a fish, but he wants to keep this place from falling apart, still, he has to chill. IF you don't delete this you guys will end up in a fight.
Back to top Go down
BuG
BuG

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:39 pm

Monkey does get really out of hand somtimes but overall he can be ok I mean he does help out alot people just dont see it he has been alot nicer as of latley though so we should be nicer to him Very Happy
Back to top Go down
neji
neji

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:44 pm

no its ok ill delete my account because half these ppl dont know about the screwed up stuff monkey said when noone is on but thats ok they can keep their heads wedged up each other's ***

Last edited by Prof. Oak on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:53 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Excessive profanity, please refrain from swearing -_-)
Back to top Go down
BuG
BuG

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:47 pm

wow
Back to top Go down
Champ
Champ

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm

that dude had problems.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:19 pm

Quote :
..............human rights?..do you mean monkey rights?

Quote :
1) No Words With A Curse/Inappropriate Word Meaning-This means no saying, "JohnnyMadeup likes balls...footballs" or "I like Sally_Not_Real's pussy...cat" both of those imply a dirty meaning with will result in a kick...no more warnings on that one

Only in the second case is there speech of vulgarity. "Implicit inappropriateness" is deemed acceptable in a normal setting.

Quote :
2) No Demanding To Be Kicked/Banned-This means no saying, "Mr.CB_Mod. kick me! XD" this is asking of a CB Mod. to abuse his/her powers, so don't ask it or i WON'T kick/ban you...if you get warned and continue asking you might see a temporary CB ban

Take the term CB Mod and define it as... well Chatbox moderator. So guess what? The Chatbox moderator is supposed to moderate the chatbox! Therefore, their main purpose is to be kicking members that cause a distubance/members that violate set rules on the forums. If someone asks a chatbox mod to by kicked of banned, the chatbox mod is not abusing his/her powers because the chatbox mod is not kicking the person out for no reason (yeah, lots of negatives). But, constant nagging for a kick or ban can be characterized a form of disturbance, which therefore could be met with a form of punishment.

Quote :
3) No More Talking Behind People's Backs-This is part of Drew's respect rule, but i feel it earns it's own title. So no more saying, "Gym_Tester_Beta is a scared little n00b, he never battles" this is disrespectful twords that person, Gym_Tester_Beta in this case, and will be kicked with out warnings now

4) Saying A Websites Title Is Advertizing-This only refers to other sites that cause us to loose membership. Example, "Lets head to Chimchar_Rip_Offz" this refers to heading off here and unto a site, that's still advertizing.

People have the right to speak as they wish.
Because I could bet the majority of the people reading what I have to say will think I do not like these rules, I'll just go explain myself quickly. Most of the rules are good, but lack the proper reasoning for their enforcement - fore say the 2nd rule. Mentioning a forum, with reference to the 4th rule, should be allowed, but the promotion of joining the forum is a form of disturbance (and should not be allowed). Although I feel that talking behind a person's back is not a good thing, it is a complete trample upon the right to speech, especially if the gossip is not any form of libel. The same goes for the rule for respect. In my opinion, which many of you may not agree with, is that respect is earned, therefore starting at a level is equality for every individual. Just because Prof. Oak is an administrator doesn't make him god, and just because Neji is a new member doesn't make him a fool.

Then again, people in America probably don't have these rights, and this isn't my forum. And by the looks, the forum has changed into some kind of dictatorship with Monkey in charge
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:29 pm

Thomas wrote:
And by the looks, the forum has changed into some kind of dictatorship with Monkey in charge

wow...for once something on this thread hurt me...if i'm a dictator then why would Drew keep me as a mod.? if i'm a dictator then why haven't people swarmed Drew with PM's, or the site with polls to impeach me? if i'm a dictator...why am i not #1 on the site?
to me, not just in the site but in socioty, if you break rules/laws you should be punished, the cops do their job...the judges to theirs...and i'm doing mine

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Champ
Champ

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:31 pm

you are right Monkey, that is why i said he was wrong for calling you out when he had no idea what he was talking about
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 6:01 pm

I do have an idea of what I'm talking about.

And I don't see where you're saying that you aren't acting like a dictator. Dictators can be mods, dictators don't get impeached, and you don't have to be #1 on a site to be a dictator. Additionally, look at the first post of the thread, read what I said more carefully, and then re-evaluate your position. If you don't get what I just said,

Quote :
First off Monkey isnt even following the rule of respect because he said He didnt care what drew or oak or anyone else said or thought about his changes to the rules....
Quote :
And by the looks,

Although the rule of respect is not really a rule to me (more like a guideline), I do see that you are acting bossy (aka, like a dictator. I never said you were a dictator, I said it looks like you're acting like a dictator). I NEVER, even when I was a mod, just spat out of bunch of rules without caring whether or not the members would comply. I can't read your mind, but when you say that you don't care what Drew or Oak thinks about your rules, you're obviously stuck in one solid state of mind that what you say is what happens. Tell me, does that sound like a dictator or what?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 6:12 pm

ok, i'm done...i've had it with you guys complaining about me
i've taken it as long as i could...i came back to make sure the forum was ok like 12 times
i tried to make it the best place it can be...and no matter what nearly everyone complained
i'm sorry Drew...but i'm done...
='(

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Dragongymboy
Dragongymboy

Location : Karratha, Western Australia, Australia, Earth ...(I could go on and on)

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 8:09 pm

oh now look what you've done thomas....now how do we get him back...it was hard enough last time....don't suppose you have your self a sorry speech prepared for monkey?

he said he is done...does that mean mod or the site as a whole?
Back to top Go down
Raked Leaves
Raked Leaves

Number of posts : 368
Misc. Info : Sasquatch1196

PostSubject: hey   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 8:55 pm

well i wasnt going to post in this but do u know how many times monkey has said this i am glad monkey made the site and i love it but still he has said this so many times and still comes back just like he used to be just like all the other members that flip out and say they are leaving but most of them come back he even said himself he has come back like 12 times
Back to top Go down
Dragongymboy
Dragongymboy

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 8:58 pm

i know but it is annoying....like the boy who cried wolf.......but one day he won't come back.......
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 11:22 pm

Don't point fingers at Thomas, it's everyone's fault. Giving monkey bags of crap made him drop from the group, if you now feel sympathetic for him, whatever. If you have a complaint about a decision, don't give the person hell, take it up with me, oak, or someone else...
Back to top Go down
BuG
BuG

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 12:22 am

monkey no matter how much crap we give you we still like you

come on man be like a delibird have a vital spirit <-------- really bad joke srry

and if your not here no one will be here to kick all the cussers out of the chatbox!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 12:54 am

you know what...
FUCK YOU THOMAS!
you stop by every now and again, tell us every little thing wrong with our ideas...our teams...ect.
but you never stay to help us!...you never stay to build up relationships here!...you don't even battle us!...and worse of all, you stab chimchar in the back, behind it's back!
your just some over cocky little bitch!
i've taken so much crap from you, but i'm done with it!
so now you can sit down! shut the fuck up! and head back to your little homo sites like TAG!
stay the fuck away from chimchar until you learn to respect us here!
pardon my french...and ban me if you must...i just had to get that off my chest

this is for you Thomas
problem with new rules 2evdod01

Monkey
Back to top Go down
neji
neji

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 3:19 am

wow i was the one who started this thread and monkey didnt even give me that harsh of a responce......can we get some censorship up in this peice? censor the bad words...my ears are bleeding!...the rule maker is breaking the rules lol jk
Back to top Go down
Dragongymboy
Dragongymboy

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 5:16 am

Yay For monkey!...but i sorta feel sorry for thomas now....he's copping it....and Neji....keep your head low.....you obviously have no idea of what a shit storm you've pulled upand we don't give a fuck about your ears.....what about our friendships?F-You Evil or Very Mad F-You

we have several people on this site that can Edit and remove posts...and they choose not too dingen got rid of a spammy post from jordan...but he didn't censor these posts..... now the reasoning is up to him but at least you get to see what people do when you stir a shitstorm. F-You Evil or Very Mad F-You
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: problem with new rules   problem with new rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

problem with new rules
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next