sucker punch
focus punch
swords dance
substitute

Typhlosion:
sunny day
solar beam
fire blast
eruption or ice hidden power (if he can learn it)

Whiscash:
Earthquake
stone edge
rest
sleep talk

Alakazam:

psychic
Focus blast
shadow ball
charge beam

Aerodactyl:
Giga impact
Earthquake
ice fang
fire blast

so yeah... i think most of the weaknesses are covered with this set up but critisism is welcome Very Happy
so thanks
xoxoxox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sample of doom

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: meowmeowmeow's team   Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:26 pm

ya, u did good. one thing: its good to take care of weaknesses, but you should also focus on attacking. you should have a water poke in your party, trust me. i have a milotic as my water poke, and it works good, it takes care of any fire poke that comes its way. so try a water type.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Monkey
Owner
Owner

Number of posts : 1794
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: meowmeowmeow's team   Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:00 pm

P.S. Whiscash is a water type. Looks pretty good. On Aero though, take off Fire Blast and Giga Impact. Replace with more useful physical attacks.

PostSubject: Re: meowmeowmeow's team   Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:31 pm

yea, i know its a water type. it just doesnt have any water attacks...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: meowmeowmeow's team   Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:58 am

Just a few obvious deficiencies that your team may suffer from:
- Swampert > Whiscash, and even Gatrodon > Whiscash. If you're going to train something to the same effect, Swampert is way better.
- Typhlosion uses Sunny Day for his own benefit and for no other Pokémon's benefit. Although that doesn't necessarily mean that it is wrong too be putting Sunny Day on Typhlosion, I think its "wrong" only because its a waste of a move on such a good Pokémon. I usually do not prefer using Typhlosion unless I use him as a lead, since Stealth Rock messes with his unique accessibility to Eruption combined with a suitable Special Attack Stat and Speed. Because Stealth Rock is almost literally omnipresent in the D/P meta game, at least amongst the more elite players, Typhlosion is probably the worse choice when it comes to picking a fire type. In my opinion, you're better off with Infernape.
- In my opinion, you should never give moves that need to recharge to a Pokémon. Even if the Pokémon's species is named something like Slaking. or PorygonZ. Taking off Giga Impact on Aerodactyl might be a good idea. Try Stone Edge for STAB.

Okay, so I realized that you didn't include any EVs or natures whatsoever, so it is kind of difficult for me to give a more thorough criticism of your team. However, I'll try to give it based on the standard sets that I have encountered.

The sets in general are pretty good, but it seems as though you're stuffing a bunch of Pokémon together. Whiscash is your only Rock resist. Alakazam, Cacturne, and Mismagius take neutral damage to Rock, but if you took notice, both Alakazam and Mismagius have pretty good SpDef - but a terrible Physial defense. Cacturne in general stinks when it comes to defenses.
Spiritomb/Dusknoir can Burn your Physical attackers (maybe not Cacturne if you're going to Substitute) and counters Alakazam and Mismagius. Yes, Whiscash can Rest off the Burn, but putting yourself to sleep is not completely beneficial with Sleep Talk having a 66% chance of using an attack afterwards.
Infernape can easily come in on Typhlosion and benefit from the Sunny Day, obliterating you with at least a neutral Close Combat, Grass Knot OHKO on Whscash, and Close Combat or Fire Blast for Cacturne. Of course Zam and Mismagius outpace Nape, but neither are safe to come in on a Shadow Claw.
Scarfcross can switch in on a Burn from Mismagius, and even if he doesn't, he at least OHKOs all of your Pokémon with the exception of Whiscash, who he 2HKOs anyway. Therefore, Whiscash can't come in on Heracross, expecting to kill him with Heracross obviously faster. Besides, Whiscash has nothing but Stone Edge to use against Heracross, which isn't even good enough to kill him.
Kingdra easily sets up on Typhlosion and could probably set up a Rain Dance to counter his Sunny day. Once Rain Dance is in, Whiscash is your only chance in taking a hit. Again, like facing Heracross, Whiscash has no chance to get rid of Kingdra--he's just really too weak for that. Salamence and Gyarados find an easy time Dragon Dancing on Typhlosion as well, given he doesn't have HP Ice for Salamence.
Hippowdon does a pretty good job walling your team, though it is kind of hard to get past Mismagius' Will-o-Wisp. Cacturne is easy U-turn set up if you don't use Substitute, but chances are Scarfraptor comes in and he outpaces you anyway. Alakazam is also easy U-turn bait, and trappers like Scarfduggy or Weavile like coming in right after for the Arena Trap/Pursuit on Typhlosion/Mismagius, all respectively.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sample of doom

PostSubject: Re: meowmeowmeow's team   Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:50 pm

ya, man, i would get rid of giga impact and ice fang. fire blast i think is good. but teach it a physical attack like dragon claw or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
meowmeowmeow

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: meowmeowmeow's team   Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:35 pm

cool thanks thats helpful stuff Smile

um the evs if you want are:
aero - attack and speed
magius- spA and speed
cacturne - attack and speed
typhlosion- spA and speed
whiscash- hp, atk and def
alakazam - spA and speed

any suggestions with the evs???
xoxoxoxo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sample of doom

PostSubject: Re: meowmeowmeow's team   Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:11 pm

hey, you probably know that if you ev train the stats to 252 then you have like 6 or something left over. well, what stat did you give those extra 6 points to. you only listed that on your wiscash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: meowmeowmeow's team   Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:18 pm

Not really, but speed has nothing to do with Cacturne's set - you're either going last or first with the Sucker Punch/Focus Punch, so I would invest the EVs somewhere else. Like HP.

For Mismagius, I woulnd't dump all my EVs into SpAtk because your set is based mostly on annoying. Therefore, Mismagius could use a little more bulk for taking Special walls and firing back once in a while with T-Bolt and Shadow Ball. Try a 160 HP / 128 SpA / 220 Spe allocation with a Timid Nature to retain your good speed and get a little bulk in there.

Zam and Aero need +Speed Natures (Preferably not -SpAtk on Aero and Timid on Zam). Cacturne needs +Attack Nature- Brave should do well. Typhlosion could work on Modest or Timid; Whiscash On possibly adamant or Relaxed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
meowmeowmeow

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: meowmeowmeow's team   Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:17 pm

thanks thats really helpful
i was thinking of swapping alakazam for an espeon is this a good decision?
maybe making it a special sweeper???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: meowmeowmeow's team   Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:18 pm

Zam > Espeon. He's much more versatile, being able to defeat threats like Tyranitar with Focus Blast without having to rely on Hidden Power Fighting. He's also much faster... which you would want for any sweeper. Espeon is probably better for setting up screens and Baton Passing CM boosts, but I still vote Alakazam over her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: meowmeowmeow's team   

Back to top Go down

meowmeowmeow's team
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1