Chimchar Forums
Shoddy Gyms 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Shoddy Gyms 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

Shoddy Gyms

Go down 
+3
Sonic rush79
Monkey
Arctic Eclipse
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Arctic Eclipse
Arctic Eclipse

Number of posts : 468

Shoddy Gyms Empty
PostSubject: Shoddy Gyms   Shoddy Gyms I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 5:20 pm

I wanted to know if it would be possible to have Shoddy Gyms like we have Wi-FI Gyms. This gives people a chance to battle whether they have Wi-Fi or not. I hope you see what I mean by giving others a chance to battle too. =D

Alex
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

Shoddy Gyms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoddy Gyms   Shoddy Gyms I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:07 pm

Part of being a gym leader is proving that you are knowledgeable in breeding and training pokes to reach their full potential. In shoddy, all you have to do is press a few buttons to get egg moves, IV's, EV's and you've got a great poke. Though the challenger would be able to make pokes as well, it still just doesn't represent the skill that should be required to become a chimchar gym leader.
Back to top Go down
Arctic Eclipse
Arctic Eclipse

Shoddy Gyms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoddy Gyms   Shoddy Gyms I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:21 pm

There is also testing of battle strategies and prediction skills. Breeding is not everything. I had a steel gym in the old chimchar which had only 3 Ev'd Pokemon. The others were not Ev'd and I only lost about 2 times in like 5 battles. I can make a gym team with no Ev'd and no proper natured Pokémon and maybe still win a couple of battles. Any ways this is just giving a chance to those who can't battle on Wi-Fi connectivity but can on Wi-Fi. Some of these people may not even have a Ds. I think it isn't necessary to have a Ds to be a Gym Leader on Shoddy just be able to battle good. =) I hope I made you reconsider your mind Drew. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sonic rush79
Sonic rush79

Number of posts : 211
Misc. Info : Xbox live - Sonic Rush79

Shoddy Gyms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoddy Gyms   Shoddy Gyms I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:45 pm

breeding is a big part of being a gym leader
if you think you can make a team with no Ev'd and no proper natured Pokémon and win do it
if you can beat the gym leader we have now and prove strategy is everthing and breeding is not most important you might change some minds

Last edited by Sonic rush79 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arctic Eclipse
Arctic Eclipse

Shoddy Gyms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoddy Gyms   Shoddy Gyms I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 8:10 pm

Breeding is important but not everything. Proper battling skills is what I'm trying to say.
Alex
Back to top Go down
paperiswhite
paperiswhite

Number of posts : 23

Shoddy Gyms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoddy Gyms   Shoddy Gyms I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 8:40 pm

i knew a site that had shoddy gym leaders and wifi gym leaders
but the wifi leaders got lazy and they just moved over to shoddy
and then there were no more wifi battlers
only shoddy
Back to top Go down
Dragongymboy
Dragongymboy

Number of posts : 657
Location : Karratha, Western Australia, Australia, Earth ...(I could go on and on)
Misc. Info : EVIL PERSON

Shoddy Gyms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoddy Gyms   Shoddy Gyms I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 12:47 am

well i like the idea...but i have some edits/ clarifications...

the existing gym leaders become shoddy gyms.....they use as legitimate and accurate as possible pokes...then they take challengers who have legit pokes as well....of course this all relies on rust....but we is the chimchar people....we is awesome...and that is all that needs to be said!!!!
Back to top Go down
vanillabear
vanillabear

Number of posts : 328

Shoddy Gyms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoddy Gyms   Shoddy Gyms I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 6:36 am

Heck shoddy requires no skill even i've won on shoddy (a lot)
Back to top Go down
DeadSoldier
DeadSoldier

Number of posts : 182
Misc. Info : Demonic

Shoddy Gyms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoddy Gyms   Shoddy Gyms I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 7:22 am

sxedrew wrote:
Part of being a gym leader is proving that you are knowledgeable in breeding and training pokes to reach their full potential. In shoddy, all you have to do is press a few buttons to get egg moves, IV's, EV's and you've got a great poke. Though the challenger would be able to make pokes as well, it still just doesn't represent the skill that should be required to become a chimchar gym leader.

Couldn't say it better myself man *highfive*
Back to top Go down
Arctic Eclipse
Arctic Eclipse

Shoddy Gyms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoddy Gyms   Shoddy Gyms I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 2:17 pm

noname wrote:
Heck shoddy requires no skill even i've won on shoddy (a lot)

Possibly battling noobs? Is everyone against me for my past on this site? Question
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

Shoddy Gyms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoddy Gyms   Shoddy Gyms I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 2:25 pm

To answer your question, no one is holding anything against you (i don't think). Even if you battle a noob on shoddy, their pokes will still have perfect IV's and smogon movesets, so they can't be but so bad, i think consensus opinion is that this is not a good idea, locking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shoddy Gyms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoddy Gyms   Shoddy Gyms I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shoddy Gyms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chimchar Forums :: Miscellaneous :: Archives :: Archives(2009)-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com