Chimchar Forums
MY NORMAL TEAM 349-1
Chimchar Forums
MY NORMAL TEAM 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

MY NORMAL TEAM

Go down 
+5
90s
Mr.Man
vanillabear
Bea
ReaperzGrin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ReaperzGrin
ReaperzGrin

Number of posts : 57

MY NORMAL TEAM Empty
PostSubject: MY NORMAL TEAM   MY NORMAL TEAM I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:17 pm

SNORLAX
psychic
attract
crunch
EQ

KANGASKHAN
aerial ace
EQ
facade
attract

MILTANK
milk drink
focus punch
thunder wave
body slam

EXPLOUD
protect
torment
hyper voice
blizzard

LICKILICKY-BLISSEY (cant decide)
thunderbolt
power whip
facade
gyro ball

SLAKING
substitute
protect
shadow ball
hammer arm

if you have any attack suggestions or any suggestions for that matter please post it thank you sxedrew
Back to top Go down
Bea
Bea

Number of posts : 128

MY NORMAL TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY NORMAL TEAM   MY NORMAL TEAM I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:28 pm

posting Evs would be helpful
Back to top Go down
vanillabear
vanillabear

Number of posts : 328

MY NORMAL TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY NORMAL TEAM   MY NORMAL TEAM I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:11 pm

My Azumarill pwned this team. Okay why psychic on snorlax?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

Number of posts : 448

MY NORMAL TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY NORMAL TEAM   MY NORMAL TEAM I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:57 pm

think of a few Normal/Flying types, like Dodrio or Ferow or Staraptor, they'd help counter fighting type moves
thats the bare minimal you'll need

Monkey
Back to top Go down
90s
90s

Number of posts : 256
Misc. Info : Mario Kart- 1762-3071-5979
PMD2 Darkness- 0130-2105-7646
pearl- 3995-2976-3193
diamond- N/A
platinum- 3051-3684-9107
brawl- 3222-5259-8614
gamertag- Street Schark

MY NORMAL TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY NORMAL TEAM   MY NORMAL TEAM I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:05 pm

take psychic off of snorlax
with the lickilicky blissy thing, whos moves are being shown?
and i agree with monkey try to get a good flying type in that team for a good counter and some extra speed.
Back to top Go down
DeadSoldier
DeadSoldier

Number of posts : 182
Misc. Info : Demonic

MY NORMAL TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY NORMAL TEAM   MY NORMAL TEAM I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:45 am

When you are showing the moves and pokemon get spaces like this:
Articuno
Ice Beam

Zapdos
Thunder

And not like this

Articuno
icebeam
zapdos
thunder

At least underlining the pokemon would help

Posting evs will help rateing it!
When thats said time to give you advise, it's clearly you are new to this game and you don't know the diffrence between Physical attacks and Spesial Attacks

Giving Shadow Ball to Slaking! What are you 7?
And Protect...? He attack every second turn you want to hinder it from attacking at all?
Fine by me
Slaking has 160 base ATTACK!! Not Spesial Attack remove Shadow Ball and give it Shadow Claw!!
Psychic on snorlax..? Give Snorlax Curse and a defensive ev spreed.
Add some fast pokemon like Staraptor and Zangoes and even Linoen
Learn the diffrence between spesial and physical i am aware that shadow ball was physcial in the earlier games but it has changed
go to www.smogon.com
that site will help you advance alittle, that is if you know how to click on a link
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Thomas

Number of posts : 52

MY NORMAL TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY NORMAL TEAM   MY NORMAL TEAM I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 5:23 pm

Murkage wrote:
SNORLAX
psychicRest
attract Sleep Talk
crunchBody Slam
EQ

KANGASKHAN
aerial ace
EQ
facade
attract

MILTANK
milk drink
focus punch/Brick Break
thunder wave
body slam

EXPLOUD
protect
torment
hyper voice
blizzard

thunderbolt
power whip
facadeExplosion
gyro ballIce Beam

SLAKING
substituteReturn
protectEarthquake
shadow ballFire Punch/Sucker Punch
hammer arm

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf [Intimidate]
Adamant: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Close Combat
- U-Turn

Clefable @ Toxic Orb [Magic Guard]
Adamant: 252 Attack / 252 HP / 4 Speed
- Protect
- Softboiled
- Meteor Mash
- Facade

OR

Blissey @ Leftovers [Natural Cure]
Calm: 176 SpDef / 252 HP 80 SpAttack
- Wish
- Protect
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam

if you have any attack suggestions or any suggestions for that matter please post it thank you sxedrew

Try that.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

MY NORMAL TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY NORMAL TEAM   MY NORMAL TEAM I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 5:56 pm

in responce to Thomas's post:
-for Snorlax, i'd go with Crunch over Sleep Talk for Thomas's set(can't hit a ghost)
-for Milktank, i'd Brick Break NOT Focus Punch without a Sub or Sleep
-i'd cut Lickaly from the team aswell
-i'd cut Slaking, some people are gonna bring Focus Punch v. Normal teams, and this allows Focus Punch
-i'd lead with Thomas's Staraptor
-i run wish and cosmic power over Protect and Softboil for Clefable(Wish is just easier keeps it all in D/P)
-for Blissey, Softboil over Wish, and some Def. EVs(no S.Att. ones), and Sizmic Toss over Protect and Shadow Ball over Ice Beam(X2 on MOST ghost)
-add Togikiss, Sented Grace with T-Wave, Air Slash, Ancient Power, and Roost should work

so my final team idea for you is:
Staraptor, Milktank, Togikiss, Snorlax, Clefable, and Blissey

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Thomas

Number of posts : 52

MY NORMAL TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY NORMAL TEAM   MY NORMAL TEAM I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 6:20 pm

Eh, you basically gave him a team. I try not to modify the team so much that it'd look like mine, but I had to cut Exploud and Kangaskhan. They aren't the worst - Kangaskhan is actually a pretty good lead - but the team needed a Status Absorber other than Snorlax. I actually don't suggest Blissey anymore, seeing that you had Snorlax in there in the first place. Gengar and Mismagius are probably the only Pokémon you should watch out for in terms of not getting hit by EQ/Body Slam, but if you think about it, neither can do much damage against Snorlax anyway. If you think further, Gengar switches on Snorlax are risky nonetheless, since the opponent does not have a clear knowledge of the moves that you have. At most, be scared of getting hit by a few critical-hitting 70% accurate Focus Blasts.

Lickilicky isn't that terrible and works at least decent for a Special attacker for the team. My normal Gym Team was Staraptor, Togekiss, Miltank, Snorlax, Ambipom, and Lickilicky, swapping Ambipom with Tauros occasionally. Although Togekiss is probably the better Special Attacker, paralysis support from Snorlax is important as well as rapid Spin support.

Slaking sometimes scares me, but his ability doesn't make him the most appealing. He isn't as bad as Exploud though, and acceptable if you Scarf him for as a revenge killer. Miltank and Blissey are decent in terms of covering the Physical and Special defensive spectrums, though both are weak to fighting. You COULD stick a Bulkraptor in there, but I never really had the best of experiences with mine. But Intimidate and neutrality to Fighting helps, + Featherdance. Funny though, Staraptor happens to be the most suicidal without immunity to adverse weather conditions, weakness to stealth Rock, and 2 dynamic STAB moves that sacrifice recoil. Oh yeah, Close Combat = Def down and Life Orb = even more HP down, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

MY NORMAL TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY NORMAL TEAM   MY NORMAL TEAM I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 9:09 pm

Thomas wrote:
Snorlax...Gengar and Mismagius are probably the only Pokémon you should watch out for in terms of not getting hit by EQ/Body Slam, but if you think about it, neither can do much damage against Snorlax anyway. If you think further, Gengar switches on Snorlax are risky nonetheless, since the opponent does not have a clear knowledge of the moves that you have. At most, be scared of getting hit by a few critical-hitting 70% accurate Focus Blasts.
few points to your Snorlax:
A) Gengar, Shedninja, Drifloom, Mismaginous, and Rotom
B) Gengar is the biggest problem, i've seen a few Sub. Punch Gengars, they'll own with the set up there
C) any flyer/levitator/ghost is a 50/50 shot of hitting(worse than a Focus Blast Gengar)
D) another popular Gengar is Wide Lens Focus Blast, so over 70% accurate
point B might be the worst, a Focus Punch set up
for that and more reasons i'd run Crunch

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Prof. O Mighty Nips
Prof. O Mighty Nips

Number of posts : 1024

MY NORMAL TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY NORMAL TEAM   MY NORMAL TEAM I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 12:21 pm

Ambipom
Technician
Life Orb
Adamant or Jolly
252 Spe/252 Att
Fake Out
U-Turn
Brick Break
Pay Back
Amazing lead Fake Out and flinch first turn and then U-Turn to a wall. He is a strong attacker and get hits in quick.

SNORLAX
Thick Fat
Leftovers
Careful
168 HP/120 Def/220 SDef
psychic
attract
crunch

Curse
Yawn
Fire Punch
EQ
Special wall can turn into a mix wall and a physical sweeper, plus resists fire and ice. Yawn is to possibly force a switch while setting up.

KANGASKHAN
aerial ace
EQ
facade
attract

Didn't know what you were using him for. lol

Staraptor
Intimidate
Choice Band
Jolly
252 Att/ 252 Spe/ 6 HP
Brave Bird
Close Combat
Return
U-Turn
Amazing for the choice band. Fast and hits hard. Stabbed Brave Bird, Close Combat, Return stabbed, and U-Turn incase you need to bail out after you switch in.

MILTANK
Scrappy
Leftovers
Impish
252 HP/ 252 def/ 6 Spe
milk drink
focus punch
thunder wave

Heal Bell
Stealth Rock
body slam
This guy isn't bad at all however this set is much better. Makes an amazing physical wall and a cleric as well. Heal Bell heals all your pokemon in your team, Stealth Rock Racks up damage over time as well. Scrappy > Thick Fat cause stabbed Body Slam on ghost is always fun.

EXPLOUD
protect
torment
hyper voice
blizzard

Epic Fail

thunderbolt
power whip
facade
gyro ball

Not too good when you can use a HaxKiss

Togekiss
Serene Grace
Leftovers
Calm
252 HP/ 252 SDef/ 6 Def
Roost
Thunder Wave
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
HaxKiss is amazing. Thunder Wave slows the target, Serene Grace increases the Para Haxes. Air Slash + Serene Grace is 60% chance of a flinch (pretty evil). Roost to heal, Aura Sphere is just a finishing move for a guaranteed hit.

SLAKING
substitute
protect
shadow ball
hammer arm

Ability hold him back from prevailing.

Porygon-Z
Timid
Adaptability
Leftovers
252 Spe/ 252 SAtt/ 6 HP
Tri Attack
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Substitute

Or

Choice Scarf
252 Spe/ 252 SAtt/ 6 HP
Tri Attack
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Psychic

Both Porygon-Z's are good choices. However, I prefer the top choice as he can come in on a wall and set up that Substitute and try to get a couple of hits in before getting touched. I've used both sets but, it's your choice.

if you have any attack suggestions or any suggestions for that matter please post it thank you sxedrew[/quote]

I hope I helped. lol
Back to top Go down
NorBoyZ

Number of posts : 259
Misc. Info : B****, I'm fabulous.

MY NORMAL TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY NORMAL TEAM   MY NORMAL TEAM I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:38 pm

please do not revive topics older then two weeks. Locking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MY NORMAL TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY NORMAL TEAM   MY NORMAL TEAM I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MY NORMAL TEAM
Page 1 of 1