Chimchar Forums
GL Team Suggestion 349-1
Chimchar Forums
GL Team Suggestion 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

GL Team Suggestion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lilsparks267

Number of posts : 76

GL Team Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: GL Team Suggestion   GL Team Suggestion I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 5:15 pm

I wanted to suggest that a gym leaders team only needs to consist of 4 (More but should left to the Gl's discrepancy) of the type he's choosen. Making a team on one type makes it easy for challengers to win, unless your a type with multiple duel typings (I.E Water). It also makes defeating common counters an easiar task. Additionally maybe E4 should only have to use 3 of that type of pokemon, to make defeating them even more a challenge. Just my opinion, and looking around I've noticed that the most effective Gym Systems use this meathod (I.E Regileague)
Back to top Go down
Sonic rush79
Sonic rush79

Number of posts : 211
Misc. Info : Xbox live - Sonic Rush79

GL Team Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: GL Team Suggestion   GL Team Suggestion I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 5:26 pm

i think that that would be cool
Back to top Go down
Arctic Eclipse
Arctic Eclipse

Number of posts : 468

GL Team Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: GL Team Suggestion   GL Team Suggestion I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 5:29 pm

I think 1 wild card for gyms and 3 or 2 for the Elite 4.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

Number of posts : 448

GL Team Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: GL Team Suggestion   GL Team Suggestion I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:06 pm

i'm against Gym Leaders OR Elite 4 having fillers
in my opinion, any fillers, even one, on a gym team is weak
pokemon designed it so that every type can counter it's weakness
i say keep the gyms how they are, if the gym leaders can pass their test with all 6 of the same type, then it should be a pretty well built team that can counter anything
if you look and stick to the game, where we got the hole idea from, you'd see that they had a limited amount of pokemon(Diamond/Pearl) they had 3 fillers between ALL EIGHT GYMS! not each, and they fixed that in Plat. with more pokemon to choose from, we have EVER pokemon to choose from so why should we even need one
that's all i got for now

Monkey
Back to top Go down
lilsparks267

GL Team Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: GL Team Suggestion   GL Team Suggestion I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:11 pm

What you just said makes no sense to me. Explain that differently please.

EDIT:

Re-Reading that I'm not sure if you think I meant 4 random types and 2 same types, or that having a wildcard on a team makes the whole thing pointless.

Well if you thought I meant 4 random pokemon 2 same types, then no I didn't. I meant it the other way around. Maybe even just 1 wildcard.

Now onto the latter, I find what your saying to be extremely narrow sighted. First because you just called the place that the Online Gym idea started, Regileague, weak, when they have the best battlers I've seen. 4/5 Monotype Pokemon and 1/2 wildcard pokemon seems extremely viable to me. Honestly the reason I want this is to be bring a little more life into the game, and maybe decentralitize the pokemon that's often seen against everyone's gym (I.E Scizor to my Psychic; Infernape to Luigi's Steel).
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

GL Team Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: GL Team Suggestion   GL Team Suggestion I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:30 pm

A) pokemon designed it so that each type can counter it's weaknesses, each type has the weapons needed to counter even a full team of their weaknesses, either defencivly or offencivly, the gym leaders/elite 4 should be able to find the pokes who can counter their weakness and counter any other pokemon(if you passed the test you should have a team that can counter most things)

B) we basicly based the idea of 8 gyms and then an elite 4 off of the game, so when the game had a limited number of pokemon, it had 3 fillers in all 8 gyms platinum fixed it by adding more pokemon into the game, all the gym leaders had all of their type, we can use EVERY pokemon, so why do we need any fillers?(if the game, witch we were based off of, has 0 gym fillers, without every pokemon, then why do we need one)

i kindof re-worded it, i suck at wording, lol, if you can be more specific with witch part of my ramble you don't get it might be easier for me to re-write it
regaurdless if i'm a gym/e4 i'm using 0 fillers

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Maple_Syrupp
Maple_Syrupp

Number of posts : 224

GL Team Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: GL Team Suggestion   GL Team Suggestion I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 8:07 pm

Well, if we go by the game why not limit the gym leaders to just three pogeymons.
Back to top Go down
lilsparks267

GL Team Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: GL Team Suggestion   GL Team Suggestion I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 8:21 pm

^^

I like the way he said that.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

GL Team Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: GL Team Suggestion   GL Team Suggestion I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 10:07 pm

actually Maple, that's a novel idea, i'd like to see it organized like that, but then the gym leaders would need to get more pokes as we get along the gyms, people will complain that their not number 8, and that gym 1 isn't active enough, and other things, but in all honestly, i'd like to see gym 1 with 2-3 pokes, gym two with 2-3, gym 3 with 3-4 pokes, ect., it'd be a lot of work to organize it, but if 2-3 people worked out the order of the gym leaders and how many pokes each could use i'd be down with that(only thing i'd change from the game is limit the challangers number of pokemon, keep it to 3-3 or 4-4 or whatever, make it even, 6-2 from the start is a bit lame =/)

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Arctic Eclipse
Arctic Eclipse

Number of posts : 468

GL Team Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: GL Team Suggestion   GL Team Suggestion I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:20 pm

I don't understand a word what you guys are saying but let's just have 1 filler per gym.
Back to top Go down
lilsparks267

GL Team Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: GL Team Suggestion   GL Team Suggestion I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 7:16 pm

Yeah I can understand debating against two, but one doesn't seem to be too big of a deal imo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GL Team Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: GL Team Suggestion   GL Team Suggestion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GL Team Suggestion
Page 1 of 1