Chimchar Forums
Gym Leader Fillers? 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Gym Leader Fillers? 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

Gym Leader Fillers?

Go down 
+5
Arctic Eclipse
Prof. Monk
Raked Leaves
♣®!©h♣
Mr.Man
9 posters

Yay or Nay.
Yes
Gym Leader Fillers? I_vote_lcap79%Gym Leader Fillers? I_vote_rcap
 79% [ 11 ]
No
Gym Leader Fillers? I_vote_lcap21%Gym Leader Fillers? I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Mr.Man

Number of posts : 448

Gym Leader Fillers? Empty
PostSubject: Gym Leader Fillers?   Gym Leader Fillers? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:29 pm

Alrighty, I know in the past we've posted this and it always gets denied...but lets think seriously on this. We clearly need more gym leaders and our current ones to battle. Now maybe no fillers is more of a scare that people will SPAM with weaknesses. One way to get around that fear is with a filler. Our Elite 4 get a filler so the idea is 1/2 decent here. My idea is just to let gyms have one filler and the Elite 4 have two. I think this will spark more ACTIVE gym leaders. Alsoo keeping it at one for gyms and 2 for Elite 4, it's not too hard for challangers(we need them to think they can win too). It's basicly a way to even out the gym battles here and spark an interest in gym leaders. Post your thoughts. =)

Monkey
Back to top Go down
♣®!©h♣
♣®!©h♣

Number of posts : 124
Misc. Info : ®️!©️h

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Fillers?   Gym Leader Fillers? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:45 pm

I agree,I filler wouldnt hurt. It would make it a little harder for challengers,and more intersting as well,no gym leader wants to battle with the same boring team every time.Plus,as monkey pointed out,it will help you with SPAM weaknesses.
Back to top Go down
Raked Leaves
Raked Leaves

Number of posts : 368
Misc. Info : Sasquatch1196

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Fillers?   Gym Leader Fillers? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:11 pm

This is a very good idea....like monkey said its been shot down before but i think that many more people will start battling....monkey and rich both have said that you dont have to worry about spam weakness which helps alot
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

Number of posts : 786
Misc. Info : Saxophone Rules.

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Fillers?   Gym Leader Fillers? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:38 pm

I'm all for it. I don't really care for fillers, but whatever's best for the site.
Back to top Go down
Arctic Eclipse
Arctic Eclipse

Number of posts : 468

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Fillers?   Gym Leader Fillers? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 1:28 am

Since Monkey suggested this. It's going to come true. I agree with this idea.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Fillers?   Gym Leader Fillers? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 9:19 am

It'll come true if everyone continues to support it. But do you really think giving them a "filler" will make them battle more? It could give them more incentive like you've pointed out, but do you think it will make them more active on the site? I can go either way in this issue, it is a solution after all, but I'll take the other side in the argument to spark some conversation other than restating what monkey wrote.
Back to top Go down
NorBoyZ

Number of posts : 259
Misc. Info : B****, I'm fabulous.

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Fillers?   Gym Leader Fillers? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 10:32 am

sure, fine by me... I guess...
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

Number of posts : 802
Misc. Info : Hello

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Fillers?   Gym Leader Fillers? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 11:59 pm

I'm against this, lol XD (i guess im the first one?)

I think gym leaders/E4 should be strong enough to handle "spams of their weakness"
After all, they're supposed to be good enough to do that, right?
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Fillers?   Gym Leader Fillers? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 7:53 am

Sure it would help cover weaknesses, that's what they're designed for. But the other arguments listed above are ludicrous. Having a filler won't increase gym activity. It won't change the fact that all the challengers you guys get are GLs/E4 themselves. It'll just make it easier on you guys. I'm fine with it, I just don't see it helping our activity as Monkey posted. I'm editing in a poll so we can decide on this once and for all, happy voting.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Fillers?   Gym Leader Fillers? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 2:15 pm

You stink Slow, But, 'tis true.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Fillers?   Gym Leader Fillers? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 2:50 pm

what i meant by active gym leaders is ones who actually battle, our gym leaders sign on enough as it is, and you can PM them for a challenge if their not on the CB, i meant to spark an interest in the people who are "changing types" or some other BS excuse for not accepting battles, my thought is that there is a fear of people SPAMMing their weaknesses, and they don't want to get 6-0'd from a SPAM of weaknesses, but i have seen people saying that they can't battle for months, 1-2 weeks of no gym battles is ok, but months of "changing types" or something and not knowing their type or whatever, that needs to be fixed, and this incentive hopefully will give the leaders more confidence

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Fillers?   Gym Leader Fillers? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 2:53 pm

People hold off because they don't feel like battling period.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Fillers?   Gym Leader Fillers? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:01 pm

Prof. Monk wrote:
People hold off because they don't feel like battling period.
if that's the case for months then do they deserve their spot?

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Arctic Eclipse
Arctic Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Fillers?   Gym Leader Fillers? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:02 pm

What Monkey means, is NorBoyZ.
Back to top Go down
♣®!©h♣
♣®!©h♣

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Fillers?   Gym Leader Fillers? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:05 pm

and 90s and SonicRush.
Back to top Go down
Arctic Eclipse
Arctic Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Fillers?   Gym Leader Fillers? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:06 pm

90s is ok. Sonic just comes on for 5 minutes and leaves.
Back to top Go down
♣®!©h♣
♣®!©h♣

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Fillers?   Gym Leader Fillers? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:08 pm

Also freak never battled,good thing he quit.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Fillers?   Gym Leader Fillers? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:32 pm

can you guys please stop picking out specific people in these post, it's not supose to be pointing out people, it's a solution for some of out leaders not battling, doesn't matter who they are for this post

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Maple_Syrupp
Maple_Syrupp

Number of posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Fillers?   Gym Leader Fillers? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:02 pm

Haha, the Sinder rule.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Fillers?   Gym Leader Fillers? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:37 pm

it's been close to a week from when this was posted, the poll is 9-1, so lets say it gets approved and we add fillers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gym Leader Fillers?   Gym Leader Fillers? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gym Leader Fillers?
Page 1 of 1