Chimchar Forums
League Questions/Suggestions. 349-1
Chimchar Forums
League Questions/Suggestions. 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

League Questions/Suggestions.

Go down 
+3
Prof. Monk
Prof. Poseidon
Monkey
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

League Questions/Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: League Questions/Suggestions.   League Questions/Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:28 am

Not really sure if you'll see this as more of a suggestion or a question, but here it goes:
Should we have an order to our Gym Leaders and/or Elite 4?

Just some information to go with your thoughts:
-The Gym Leaders and Elite 4 in the game have a certain order.
-The Gym Leaders usually have two gyms that you can do out of order.
-The Elite 4 you must battle in order.
-If you beat the first 4 Gym Leaders and the first one resigns, would you need to start over, or just beat the new first Gym Leader before progressing?
-If the Elite 4 had order, would it make the Elite 4 too much for a trainer?
-Would the Gym Testers, Elite 4, Gym Leaders, Champion, or someone else decide the order of the Elite 4 and Gym Leaders?
-If Gym Leaders are ordered by skill and two of them are thought to be evenly matched, would we make that senerio where you can battle 2 Gyms out of order.
-If a whole bunch of people beat the first three Gym Leaders and the fourth one is on vacation, must they all wait for his/her return?
-If we do have the order for both, and an Elite 4 member leaves, would we need to do a testing or would the final Gym Leader become the first Elite 4 member, and the Elite 4 each move up a spot?
-Is there a chance for a Gym Leader to prove that he/she is better than their first testing and able to move up and down in numbers?
-Should the Gym Leaders and Elite 4 be ordered by skill or by activity? If by activity, should the ones who battle more be first or last?

That's all for now. If the members seem to be split on the decision, I'll post more comments like those.

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Prof. Poseidon

Number of posts : 676

PostSubject: Re: League Questions/Suggestions.   League Questions/Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:09 am

I don't think so. I mean it's cool that our league is so similar to the games but if you think about it not everyone is on at the same time so it's better just to battle the people that you can catch on. Otherwise the gym leaders who let's say aren't on as much don't hold the challengers back from getting all the badges. Just my thoughts on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

Number of posts : 786
Misc. Info : Saxophone Rules.

PostSubject: Re: League Questions/Suggestions.   League Questions/Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:57 pm

No. It's Already very hard to come across certain GL's and E4's. It would be a turn-off to people staying at this site.
Back to top Go down
Green
Green

Number of posts : 207
Misc. Info : Red just replaced me as a champion... and then fled to a fucking mountain to be beat by a bunch of little kids with Ho-Oh and Mewtwo.

PostSubject: Re: League Questions/Suggestions.   League Questions/Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 8:51 pm

Question 1: Just rebattle the new GL. Starting all fuckin over again GETS ANNOYING.
Question 2: In order E4 is too much? I thought not in order GL was too little! But Monk and Poseidon make a point. E4=order, GL=non-order.
Question 3: Admins decide the order of E4.
Question 4: No order for GL. But that gives me an idea.... if anybody else wants to be a Gym Leader... they could team up with a GL with the same type as them... ex. Dev and Flush with Dragon Types and it would be a Double Battle like Tate and Liza.
Question 5: No order, remember? And besides, Vacation should not disrupte anything to do with the forum other than the one on Vacation.
Question 6: No order for GL. If one of the E4 moves out, Test for either E4 or a GL, and that winning Tester would either replace a GL and make the old GL an E4, or the Tester becomes E4 himself.
Question 7: Yes. Just like Top 10s on shows, if lets Say Tester X is better than the best GL, then every rank goes down (number 1 becomes 2, 2 to 3, 3 to 4, etc.) and the worst GL is removed.
Question 8: The E4 should be ordered randomly.
Back to top Go down
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

Number of posts : 377

PostSubject: Re: League Questions/Suggestions.   League Questions/Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:39 am

Yeah, I think it would just overcomplicate stuff. Monk is right. Once again, this would work only if we had all of the gym leaders extremely active. Everyone has a personal life they have to deal with, so it wouldn't exactly be fair to us.

IMO---> Would not work.
Back to top Go down
Prof. O Mighty Nips
Prof. O Mighty Nips

Number of posts : 1024

PostSubject: Re: League Questions/Suggestions.   League Questions/Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 8:40 am

I honestly think as mono-type tournaments are giving people two wildcards, maybe our E4 and gym leaders should be able to use 2?
Back to top Go down
Prof. JLA

Number of posts : 315

PostSubject: Re: League Questions/Suggestions.   League Questions/Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 1:28 pm

O Mighty Nips wrote:
I honestly think as mono-type tournaments are giving people two wildcards, maybe our E4 and gym leaders should be able to use 2?
E4 can use 2 fillers
Back to top Go down
Prof. O Mighty Nips
Prof. O Mighty Nips

PostSubject: Re: League Questions/Suggestions.   League Questions/Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 10:50 am

Well, gym leaders should be able to too. Due to changes in mono-type battling.
Back to top Go down
Prof. JLA

Number of posts : 315

PostSubject: Re: League Questions/Suggestions.   League Questions/Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 2:20 pm

O Mighty Nips wrote:
Well, gym leaders should be able to too. Due to changes in mono-type battling.
i don't see y 2 fillers are needed, i was a gym leader b4 we had filler and i managed my own. the other gym leaders managed there own. maybe the old gym leaders were just better if the new ones are having a problem when they have filler to use.
Back to top Go down
Prof. O Mighty Nips
Prof. O Mighty Nips

PostSubject: Re: League Questions/Suggestions.   League Questions/Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:33 pm

I'm talking about mono-type tournaments in general. I was an old gym leader before the fillers and I was rarely beaten. However, due to changes in the metagame mono-type tournaments are allowing two fillers. So I don't see why not to let gyms have two fillers now.
Back to top Go down
Green
Green

Misc. Info : Red just replaced me as a champion... and then fled to a fucking mountain to be beat by a bunch of little kids with Ho-Oh and Mewtwo.

PostSubject: Re: League Questions/Suggestions.   League Questions/Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 6:44 pm

Nips:
Gyarados
Milotic
Kingdra
Swampert
Suicune/Lapras
Hippowdon

Kingdra as a sweeper and as a pokemon who can take grass hits (and if you opt for lapras, so can lapras) and hippowdon and swampert take electric hits.

thats just for you, i can think of a lot more 1 fill. mono teams for alot of types.
i honestly think mono types should stay what they are: monotypes. I clap for Wallace (but i also clap for steven: even though he uses 3 fillers, wallace is more of a noob and steven is uber cool) for using a team of pure waters. Because, with the exception of dragons (c'mon, without fillers and even with one uber allowed, you can pratically gurantee what their teams are since no one uses altaria) a mono is a mono: mono. not 5/6, definitly not 2/3, but mono: 1. 1 type. Honestly, for such a wide selection, i dont know what you're complaining about. I'd rather block Electivire and Celebi then not blocking those pokemon and using a filler, and use a team like this:

Gyarados
Kingdra
Empoleon
Swampert
Suicune
Lapras

This is the true definition of mono, yet it has 5 different types. You don't even need 1 filler.
Back to top Go down
Prof. O Mighty Nips
Prof. O Mighty Nips

PostSubject: Re: League Questions/Suggestions.   League Questions/Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:10 pm

Red don't worry my team is set. Yes I have one filler set. I'm just still setting up a few things and I also have different water teams I can use. Red I also advise you to shut up and not take it as me complaining. I came up with the suggestion before I became gym leader. Plus, its just how standard mono-type tournaments been with 2 fillers. Once again, learn to think before you post.
Back to top Go down
Green
Green

PostSubject: Re: League Questions/Suggestions.   League Questions/Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:26 pm

alright alright sorry
I just dont like fillers
sheesh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: League Questions/Suggestions.   League Questions/Suggestions. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

League Questions/Suggestions.
Page 1 of 1