Chimchar Forums
Champion Question/Suggestion. 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Champion Question/Suggestion. 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

Champion Question/Suggestion.

Go down 
+2
Draggadon
Monkey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

Champion Question/Suggestion. Empty
PostSubject: Champion Question/Suggestion.   Champion Question/Suggestion. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:31 am

Should the Champion use a mono-type team too?
I'd like to hear your feed back. If you look at the pokemon games...they are a bit split on this idea. Lance(Johto Champ) and Steven/Wallace(Hoenn Champs) used mono type teams. Lance was known as Dragon...but he has had 5-6 Flying Types. Steven is known as the Steel Type Champion...but has 3 fillers. Wallace, who only was Champion in one game, had a full water team. So if we went by Gold/Silver/Crystal/Ruby/Saphire/Emerald, it would seem that the Champion would be mono-type, with up to 3 fillers. To keep it a bit harder for the Challenger, I think we could make it the Champion needs to use a mono-type team...but he/she isn't limited to a type, any of the 17 types, even ones taken be E4 members or Gym Leaders, seeing as how Lance and Wallace took taken types. So the only limits to a Champion there is 3 of his/her pokes, must share one type, and that type can change for each battle.
OR we could follow Blue(Kanto) and Cynthia(Sinnoh) and make it any 6 pokemon under the sun. No limits, other than Ubers, at all. Just the fact that the Champ could talk with the Elite 4 members, and know a challengers team, I think that the 3 pokes of one type would balance out the battles a little more. Especially if we make a Youtube Channel for Gym/E4/Frontier battles and an E4 member post his/her loss. The Champ could simply few the video and counter the team.
Let me know what you guys think.

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Draggadon
Draggadon

Number of posts : 61
Misc. Info : Birthdays are important to me, they only come once a year and everyone should feel happy on their birthday, so i started a small tradition of breeding and eving pokemon for people as a birthday gift from yours truly. Just catch me in the chat or pm me when its close to ur bday and ill gladly breed you a pokemon of your choice. Ill need to know the nature, moveset, and evs of the desired poke.

Gyms beat:
JLAs Fire
Darkwarriors Dark
Kurugi's Rock
Elementals Bug
Nicole's Grass
Drakes Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Champion Question/Suggestion.   Champion Question/Suggestion. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 11:33 am

no, most champions aside from lance did not use mono, and lance didnt really either. the point of the champion is to provide a challenge, if it was mono type itd be like just another e4 battle. I think that the team used to beat the e4 should be the champions team
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: Champion Question/Suggestion.   Champion Question/Suggestion. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:38 pm

Draggadon wrote:
most champions aside from lance did not use mono, and lance didnt really either.
Lies.

Champion-Blue/Green
Red/Green/Blue Team-Pidgot, Alakazam, Rydon, Gyarados, Arcanine, and Executor(his starter switches for it's type)
Yellow Team-Sandslash, Alakazam, Executor, Magnaton, Closter, and Ninetails(his starter switches for it's type)
Fire Red/Leaf Green(first time) Team-Pidgot, Alakazam, Rydon, Gyarados, Arcanine, and Executor(his starter switches for it's type)
Fire Red/Leaf Green(second time) Team-Heracross, Alakazam, T-Tar, Gyarados, Arcanine, and Executor(his starter switches for it's type)
Non-Mono.

Champion-Lance
Gold/Silver/Crystal/Heart Gold/Soul Silver(first time) Team-Gyarados, Charizard, Aerodactyl, and Dragonite(x3)
Heart Gold/Soul Silver(second time) Team-Gyarados, Charizard, Altari, Garchomp, and Dragonite
TECHNICALLY Dragon...but a Flying type team with 1 filler second round.

Champion-Steven
Ruby/Saphire Team-Skarmory, Cradily, Claydol, Armaldo, Metagross, and Aggron
Consitered Steel...has 3 fillers.

Champion-Wallace
Emerald Team-Walord, Tentacrul, Ludicolo, G-Dos, Wishcash, and Milodick
Clearly water, lol. Same type as the 8th gym.

Champion-Cynthia
Diamond/Pearl Team-Spiritomb, Garchomp, Roserade, Milodic, Gastrodon, and Lucario
Platinum Team-Spiritomb, Garchomp, Roserade, Milodic, Togikiss, and Lucario
Non-Mono.

So 2 not monos, 2 monos, and one 3 filler mono...so the majority is where Steven goes, Steel or not. That's why I said up to 3 fillers mono type.

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Draggadon
Draggadon

Number of posts : 61
Misc. Info : Birthdays are important to me, they only come once a year and everyone should feel happy on their birthday, so i started a small tradition of breeding and eving pokemon for people as a birthday gift from yours truly. Just catch me in the chat or pm me when its close to ur bday and ill gladly breed you a pokemon of your choice. Ill need to know the nature, moveset, and evs of the desired poke.

Gyms beat:
JLAs Fire
Darkwarriors Dark
Kurugi's Rock
Elementals Bug
Nicole's Grass
Drakes Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Champion Question/Suggestion.   Champion Question/Suggestion. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 7:04 pm

guess that makes sense...
Back to top Go down
Prof. JLA

Number of posts : 315

PostSubject: Re: Champion Question/Suggestion.   Champion Question/Suggestion. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 2:06 am

hmm there r a few options that we could do with this, the mono is a good idea i think but doesn't really make it a true champion match in my opinion. but there really isn't an easy way to solve it so its a complete equal match but how about this. when the champion is challenge he has to use his original team that he beat E4 with, but out of the 6 that he used he can switch out 2 pokes at any time. so for example (don't want to type poke name so i'll use letters in place of them) champion won with team a,b,c,d,e,f. the champ is challenged and uses a,b,c,d and switches e and f with j and k. then the champ when so challenger re-challenges but this time his team is c,d,e,f,l,p. so the team will always consist of at least 4 of the 6 pokes that the champ used to become the best, but can replace 2 of them to prevent anyone from taking advantage of knowing the champs pokemon and bringing only pokes that can counter them.
Back to top Go down
Nicole
Nicole

Number of posts : 256
Misc. Info : Mac turns me on soooooooooooo much

PostSubject: Re: Champion Question/Suggestion.   Champion Question/Suggestion. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 5:05 pm

I definitely agree with the idea JLA has.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

Number of posts : 802
Misc. Info : Hello

PostSubject: Re: Champion Question/Suggestion.   Champion Question/Suggestion. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Prof. JLA wrote:
hmm there r a few options that we could do with this, the mono is a good idea i think but doesn't really make it a true champion match in my opinion. but there really isn't an easy way to solve it so its a complete equal match but how about this. when the champion is challenge he has to use his original team that he beat E4 with, but out of the 6 that he used he can switch out 2 pokes at any time. so for example (don't want to type poke name so i'll use letters in place of them) champion won with team a,b,c,d,e,f. the champ is challenged and uses a,b,c,d and switches e and f with j and k. then the champ when so challenger re-challenges but this time his team is c,d,e,f,l,p. so the team will always consist of at least 4 of the 6 pokes that the champ used to become the best, but can replace 2 of them to prevent anyone from taking advantage of knowing the champs pokemon and bringing only pokes that can counter them.

this is a really good idea, considering most people know's monkey's champ team i assume lol.
Back to top Go down
Green
Green

Number of posts : 207
Misc. Info : Red just replaced me as a champion... and then fled to a fucking mountain to be beat by a bunch of little kids with Ho-Oh and Mewtwo.

PostSubject: Re: Champion Question/Suggestion.   Champion Question/Suggestion. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 8:41 pm

Yeah Monkey actually posted up his team.... LOL....
JLA's Idea is really smart.
My idea is more complicated:
Monkey types up the list of his winners.
When his winners rebattle him, a,b,c,d can be changed.
but, new challengers, or re-challenger losers have to battle a,b,c,d,x,x,.
It's complicated because there's always new winners and people you think you battled but won to... its really complicated. But, it's more like the re-challenging idea in RBYGSCDPPlatHGSS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Champion Question/Suggestion.   Champion Question/Suggestion. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Champion Question/Suggestion.
Page 1 of 1