Chimchar Forums
Site Design Contest! 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Site Design Contest! 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

Site Design Contest!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

Site Design Contest! Empty
PostSubject: Site Design Contest!   Site Design Contest! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 2:28 pm

Site Design Contest! 2012SiteDesign
Simple enough. Design a background, banner, tabs, and whatnot for the site's design. Members who wish to do this have until December 31st to make their layouts and PM them to Monkey. I'll set them into the site, take a screen shot, and post all of the layouts for the members to see. Throughout January(maybe the first 2 weeks or something) the members will vote on the layout they like the most. ANY MEMBER MAKING PHONY ACCOUNTS TO VOTE FOR HIS/HER LAYOUTS WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE CONTEST AND BANNED FOR 7 DAYS!

Note, any and all banners, tabs, backgrounds, ect submitted to the contest become property of Chimchar Forums and give all creative design on said art.

Oh, winner not only gets the bragging rights to the design of the site...but you get to be a CB Mod until you abuse the powers(so if you don't abuse the powers you'll be a CB Mod for good). Wink

Also if art is not your thing...I'll throw in a bonus contest. The pokemon on the art in this post are from something in Chimchar's past. First one to figure it out also wins Chimchat(the Chatbox) Mod Powers.

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Shay-Z
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Shay-Z

Number of posts : 7
Misc. Info : I love music. Some of my favorite artists: Grizzly Bear, Vampire Weekend, Animal Collective, Local Natives, the Doors, the Beach Boys, and the list goes on.... I also enjoy classical music and jazz.

PostSubject: Re: Site Design Contest!   Site Design Contest! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:14 pm

Do the Pokemon in the banner each represent a specific member?
Ex: The infernape represents Champion Monkey. The Blissey represents Prof. Slowfreak. The gyarados represents Prof. Poseidon.
Back to top Go down
Patrick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Patrick

Number of posts : 149

PostSubject: Re: Site Design Contest!   Site Design Contest! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:31 pm

SKYxShaymin wrote:
Ex: The infernape represents Champion Monkey. The Blissey represents Prof. Slowfreak. The gyarados represents Prof. Poseidon.

Which one am I? Razz
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Site Design Contest!   Site Design Contest! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 12:09 am

SKYxShaymin wrote:
Nope. Not even close.
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 127
Misc. Info : This world can seem cold and grey, but you and I are here today, and we won't fade into darkness.

The colors of this forum and the terrible quality of all of the images burn my eyes so I usually don't come on much. If I do come on, don't be afraid to say hi! I'm not evil. Haha, I'm stretching my posts from Misc. Info alone!

But yeah, I'm just your neighborhood number. I'm not a bad person but I'm not always nice, even though I try to be.

PostSubject: Re: Site Design Contest!   Site Design Contest! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 4:09 pm

Regarding the site design, are we allowed to revamp the entire site? (In other words, if I wanted to, could I move the modules in the Portal around, and make the site a tad bit brighter?) Or are we only allowed to customize the images (background, tabs, banner, post icons presumably)? I definitely want to partake in this contest, however, I'm not sure what I'm allowed to edit Razz
Back to top Go down
Shay-Z
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Shay-Z

Number of posts : 7
Misc. Info : I love music. Some of my favorite artists: Grizzly Bear, Vampire Weekend, Animal Collective, Local Natives, the Doors, the Beach Boys, and the list goes on.... I also enjoy classical music and jazz.

PostSubject: Re: Site Design Contest!   Site Design Contest! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:33 pm

Champion Monkey wrote:

Nope. Not even close.
Dang it Sad
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Site Design Contest!   Site Design Contest! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 1:10 am

7 wrote:
Regarding the site design, are we allowed to revamp the entire site? (In other words, if I wanted to, could I move the modules in the Portal around, and make the site a tad bit brighter?) Or are we only allowed to customize the images (background, tabs, banner, post icons presumably)? I definitely want to partake in this contest, however, I'm not sure what I'm allowed to edit Razz

Design whatever you want. Just remember whatever you make is subject to be changed, altered, ect by the site.

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Kevin
Kevin

Number of posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: Site Design Contest!   Site Design Contest! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:39 pm

When does this contest end?
(Last day to enter art)
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Site Design Contest!   Site Design Contest! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:45 pm

Kevin wrote:
When does this contest end?
(Last day to enter art)

I'd like it in by December 31st. But if you need an extra day or so let me know by the 31st in a PM, or a post here, and I'll give you a few more days.

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site Design Contest!   Site Design Contest! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Site Design Contest!
Page 1 of 1