Chimchar Forums
Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses? 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses? 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses?

Go down 
+3
Prof. Oak
Monkey
Mr.Man
7 posters

Pokemon:Yanmega Better Ability:???
Speed Boost
Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses? I_vote_lcap65%Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses? I_vote_rcap
 65% [ 15 ]
Tinted Lenses
Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses? I_vote_lcap35%Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses? I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
Mr.Man

Number of posts : 448

Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses? Empty
PostSubject: Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses?   Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 8:31 pm

Yet another post by me that started in the CB discussion. This time me and Maple were discussing, I'm asking Maple not to say where he stands, so it isn't a popularity contest, but you may vote Maple. Other people, however, may explain their vote(FYI Maple, teach people your point of view).

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses?   Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 10:54 pm

i think both have their benefits so i won't vote, but YANMEGA IS WIN!! I would just make sure to use a timid nature for a tinted lens 'mega and a modest nature for a speed boost 'mega. Both are great so again, i won't vote.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Oak
Prof. Oak

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses?   Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:29 pm

Gah, I know this might be reviving an old topic, but I never saw this post before! =/

I wanted to answer this because I have a Yanmega myself, and I tend to go with Tinted Lens.

Although both are good, natures to go with either one as pointed out above by smexiness Drew.

But really, think about it...ok, an infinate amount (sortof) of speed boosts to outrun your opponent before he brings out a counter that Yanmega can't do crap against. I'm talking about maybe a Steel or Rock, something along those lines. A speed boost of +6 isn't going to help you, besides, Yanmega is fast already, one speed boost will pretty much be enough to outrun anything and after that, well those other speed boosts are a waste.

Tinted Lens is the ability to boost "Not very effective" moves. So I can use Bug Buzz on a steel type poke and have it do 100% damage, not to mention a STAB as well.
A Yanmega with this ability, (right nature and ev's) can easily 2HKO the likes of a Dailga.
That type combo right there should tell you that anything else will be blown away with Tinted Lens.

Pff, speed boost, leave that signature move up to Ninjask. Yanmega already has the speed and the special attack power to make very good use of Tinted Lens.
Ninjask sucks and is only good for baton passing, so leave it that way.

Prof. Oak vote- TINTED LENS
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

Number of posts : 802
Misc. Info : Hello

PostSubject: Re: Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses?   Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:34 am

Lol sorry oak but this IS an old post...2 months ago XD

Anyways. according to the poll. Speed boost was favored.
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses?   Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:18 am

Slow, Mods can respond to old post, i think
Back to top Go down
Dingen
Dingen

Number of posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses?   Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 2:48 am

Slow, he said that he was reviveing it himself.
If someone has something smart to say, they can then revive an old topic.
Back to top Go down
BuG
BuG

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses?   Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 7:42 am

Well I dont think I ever seen this either so im gonna give my opininion......

ok sure oak you can kill steel types and such but what about when one of those types has a scarf on it? so im pretty sure a scarfed breloom can outspeed a tinted len's yanmega

so my point is a poke that you might normally outspeed and kill with speed boost, you might get outsped and killed yourself wtih tinted len's
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

Number of posts : 802
Misc. Info : Hello

PostSubject: Re: Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses?   Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:31 am

Oh sorry my bad Razz never knew that.

Quote :
If someone has something smart to say, they can then revive an old topic.

A lot of people besides oak have said smart things. And they all have gotten their topics deleted/archived/or the topic has been locked.

So im not argueing or anything just i dont think its because he had something smart ot say. Its because he was a mod.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses?   Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 5:28 pm

speed boost raises sweepin priority after one protect xD he pwns
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses?   Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speed Boost or Tinted Lenses?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chimchar Forums :: Miscellaneous :: Archives :: Archives(2008)-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com