Chimchar Forums
infamous question 349-1
Chimchar Forums
infamous question 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

infamous question

Go down 
+4
Prof. Slowfreak
Olivia
meowmeowmeow
~2922-0905-3386~
8 posters
AuthorMessage

infamous question Empty
PostSubject: infamous question   infamous question I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 1:40 pm

dragonite or Salamence? Y?
IMO dragonite cause dd n outrage plus better defense which helps setting up dd
Back to top Go down
~2922-0905-3386~

Number of posts : 18

infamous question Empty
PostSubject: Re: infamous question   infamous question I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 4:25 pm

mence is waaaay better
Back to top Go down
meowmeowmeow
meowmeowmeow

Number of posts : 306

infamous question Empty
PostSubject: Re: infamous question   infamous question I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 6:17 am

they both have their pluses and minuses but im a dragonite girl
Smile
xx
Back to top Go down
Olivia
Olivia

Number of posts : 176
Misc. Info : Diamond FC: 0946-1873-5042
Platinum FC below Wink

infamous question Empty
PostSubject: Re: infamous question   infamous question I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:43 am

I agree with Meow, and I go for Dragonite too, but I still love Salamence.
Drangonite is cuter. Very Happy

Last edited by Olivia on Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

Number of posts : 802
Misc. Info : Hello

infamous question Empty
PostSubject: Re: infamous question   infamous question I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 11:35 pm

I go for dragonite.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

Number of posts : 448

infamous question Empty
PostSubject: Re: infamous question   infamous question I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:25 am

Here is the breakdown on each:
infamous question 149
Dragonite-Dragon/Flying
Weak To-Dragon(x2), Rock(x2), Ice(x4)
Resistant To-Fire(x.5), Fighting(x.5), Water(x.5), Bug(x.5), Grass(x.25), Ground(x0)
Nature-Inter Focus(can not flinch)
Base HP-91
Base Att.-134
Base Def.-95
Base Spec. Att.-100
Base Spec. Def.-100
Base Speed-80

all in all a half way decent pokemon, a little on the slow side, COULD be used as an attacker, spec. attacker, or a mix, pretty good at taking hits
his ability aides him in a Fake Out lead, but he always has it so they probably won't use it
used with Yacha Berry to counter his 1 x4 weakness
great mix of attacks to counter almost any type
a good, "old school", power house

---------------------------------------------------
infamous question 373
Salamance-Dragon/Flying
Weak To-Dragon(x2), Rock(x2), Ice(x4)
Resistant To-Fire(x.5), Fighting(x.5), Water(x.5), Bug(x.5), Grass(x.25), Ground(x0)
Nature-Intimidate(lower's opponate's att.)
Base HP-95
Base Att.-135
Base Def.-80
Base Spec. Att.-110
Base Spec. Def.-80
Base Speed-100

again a half way decent pokemon, faster than Dragonite, pretty decent speed, easier to be either an attacker, spec. attacker, or a mix than Dragonite, worse than Dragonite at taking hits, but ok at it
his ability aides him verses a Physical Attacker, witch all depends on when you use him
used with Yacha Berry to counter his 1 x4 weakness
great mix of attacks to counter almost any type
a good counter part for Dragonite

there are the facts, pick who you will

Monkey

Last edited by Monkey on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maple_Syrupp
Maple_Syrupp

Number of posts : 224

infamous question Empty
PostSubject: Re: infamous question   infamous question I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:58 pm

Don't forget, Salamence can outrage now.
Back to top Go down
Stallica
Stallica

Number of posts : 101

infamous question Empty
PostSubject: Re: infamous question   infamous question I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 2:55 pm

Salamence's intimidate ability makes him superior in my opinion. He can be wallish too, which I've seen on a few occasions. Oh and btw, Dragonite's attack is base 134 not 135 like Salamence, Monkey.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Thomas

Number of posts : 52

infamous question Empty
PostSubject: Re: infamous question   infamous question I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 7:22 pm

Both Salamence and Dragonite have the same typing, so posting their weaknesses and resistances doesn't really matter. Their stats do make a difference, but you should also include their most useful moves to prove their potential. For example, you could say that Dragonite has access to STAB Outrage while Salamence does not (in D/P) and that Dragonite has access to Focus Punch as well. Their abilities differ, which you could also point out.

In my opinion, Salamence is better. Focus Punch is not very useful if you're a physical attacker (I mean, Brick Break usually is enough to take out Tyranitar and STAB Outrage should OHKO Blissey anyway) and especially if you're flying type, taking a lot of damage from Stealth Rock already. Salamence is faster too, and while Dragonite might have better defenses, he's still weak to Stealth Rock and does not resist both Hail and Sand Storm, making his wallishness not as significant in the long run. With that being said, I would consider both dragons a form of sweeping, Salamence the better form. Intimidate is also a better ability unless you choose to use Dragonite as a lead (which I have done once, when those Fake Out-SR-Flamethrower-CC Infernape leads were a bit popular) because it gives Salamence that 4x resistance to fighting attacks on switch ins. Salamence also has a better Special Attacking stat anyway, and of course, good moves to use with it. With Salamence learning Outrage in Platinum, I would definitely not hesitate to say he is the better dragon. But I think Dragonite can Agility while Salamence can't, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

Number of posts : 448

infamous question Empty
PostSubject: Re: infamous question   infamous question I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:05 pm

yea i had like 25 mins. in study hall to type that up, just a start for people to make thier own pokemon
i don't suggest too many pokemon anymore, people can decide for themselfs, hence why i didn't post best moves or my favorite or the "better" one
people pick witch one you like better, don't care what other people think works

Monkey
Back to top Go down
~2922-0905-3386~

Number of posts : 18

infamous question Empty
PostSubject: Re: infamous question   infamous question I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 7:41 pm

true pros use mence Wink and true pros dunt use outrage WinkWink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

infamous question Empty
PostSubject: Re: infamous question   infamous question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

infamous question
Page 1 of 1