Chimchar Forums
Future Platinum Team? 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Future Platinum Team? 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

Future Platinum Team?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cirrus
Cirrus

Number of posts : 46

Future Platinum Team? Empty
PostSubject: Future Platinum Team?   Future Platinum Team? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 11:58 pm

Female Forretress@???
252 Def 129 HP 129 Atk
Impish, high Def
Attract
Spikes
Sand Tomb (switch in with Gengar, use Hypnosis, switch to Ninjask)
Stealth Rock

Forretress is one of the two leads that I plan to use. Since it's female, Attract will affect most Pokemon, since male Pokemon are common. Attract will stall while I set up Spikes and SR. If the opponent uses Taunt, I plan to use Sand Tomb to trap the opponent, switch into Gengar, use Gengar's Hypnosis attack, and from there either beef up using Ninjask or attempt to sweep.

Infernape@Life Orb (maybe Muscle Band to allow Rampardos to use Life Orb instead.)
Adamant, high Spd characteristic
252 Atk 252 Spd 6 HP
Close Combat
Earthquake
Flare Blitz
Stone Edge

Self explanatory purpose. I plan to use Ninjask's Swords Dance/Speed Boost/Baton Pass combo to sweep the opponent's team with it.

Gengar@Wide Lens
Modest, high Def char'c
252 Spd 129 Sp. Atk 129 HP
Confuse Ray
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Hypnosis

For the Forretress strategy above, I chose HP Fire and Thunderbolt to sweep Skarmories and Forretress', which are popular leads. Regardless if this strategy fails, there are still lots of Metagross', Gyarados' and Abomasnows that would not appreciate this move set. Hypnosis is used either to help Ninjask out with Swords Dance/Baton Pass, or to help sweep if I see it useful.

Rotom F@Wide Lens
170 Def 170 Sp. Def 170 HP
Bold, high Defense
Thunder Wave
Will-O-Wisp
Substitute
Thunderbolt

An alternate lead for my team. (I plan to have both Forretress and Rotom on my team, just plan to switch Rotom and Forretress around to become less predictable.) I plan to use Substitute to negate damage while I use Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave to infect the opponent's team. Wide Lens helps make up for Will-O-Wisp's accuracy. This strategy also helps me see what kind of Pokemon the opponent is using so I can plan accordingly. I have a feeling this Arcanine will complicate things, so I'm not sure if I want to keep it. Once I use Will-O-Wisp and all that, I won't be able to use Hypnosis. If I use Rotom late game after I already used Hypnosis' benefits, it'll defeat Rotom's purpose of infecting the opponent's team.....

Ninjask@??? something that can help with Defenses...
252 Def 252 Sp Def 6 HP
Jolly, high speed char'c
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
Substitute
X-Scissor

Sub to help hinder being attacked, Swords Dance and Baton Pass to help Infernape and Rampardos. I will try using Gengar's Hypnosis to further hinder being attacked. X-Scissor is there to negate Taunt and to sweep Tyranitars, Weaviles, Torterras, Azelfs and a handful of others that constantly come up in battles.

Rampardos@Muscle Band or Life Orb
Jolly, high speed char'c
252 Spd 252 Atk 6 HP
Head Smash
Crunch
Rock Polish
Brick Break

Another physical sweeper in case Infernape dies or isn't the best choice. Again, I plan to use Arcanine's strategy to see what the opponent has, and that can help me in choosing either Infernape or Rampardos to sweep the opponent's team. Whirlwind is there to take advantage of the Stealth Rock and Spikes that should already be set up, which will almost guarantee OHKOs on Pokemon that I think would be able to survive Head Smash and Brick Break. If Hypnosis is still in effect on the opponent, or Baton Pass Ninjask fails, I plan to use Rock Polish to make up for the speed.

Last edited by Cirrus on Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:21 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future Platinum Team?   Future Platinum Team? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:08 am

try my scizor

adamant
@ life orb
252 attack
split hp n defense
swords dance
bullet punch
quick attack
roost
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Thomas

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Future Platinum Team?   Future Platinum Team? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 8:15 pm

Forretress doesn't want 252 SpD EVs. Put them into Defense instead. better yet, put more in Attack and around 100 in Defense, so that your forretress isn't some kind of useless wall that the opponent can use to spend time stacking up Sword Dances. I MixApe could probably OHKO your Forretress with Flamethrower, even if it had 252 SpD EVs and an Occa Berry. If now, Infernape could 2HKO, and Forry still doesn't have a chance to kill Infernape. Second of all, you're basing your technique too much on cases that may not even exist. What if the opponent's lead is female? What if the opponent's lead is Azelf, who can blast your Gengar to smithereens with Psychic? Are you going to trap it, switch in, and try to put to sleep the thing with a 60% accuracy? And even if that doesn't happen, you should still consider Gengar with a 60% accuray Hypnosis. If he misses, he dies, almost most basically, because of he lacks adequate defenses in warding off most Pokémon.

Please, take Punishment off Infernape. That's probably one of the stupidest a human could possibly think of doing with the exception of dying while slipping on a banana. Punishment's base power is extremely low (I actually think its 1), and is not useful at all unless your OPPONENT has a billion kazillion stat boosts. Besides, passing Speed boosts to Infernape is kinda weird - Infernape is already semi-fast and doesn't have the Attack power to OHKO everything, not the defense to take on most attacks. He might even die to a CB T-Tar Stone Edge on the switch in.

The Gengar is okay, though I don't see too much use with HP Fire. Metagross could take an HP Fire and completely annihilate anyway... and of course there's sleep clause, lum berries, 40% chance of missing Hypnosis, and a small chance to wake up immediately after being put to sleep.

Arcanine gets taunted and owned. Funny how he is so defensive while working on a Jolly Nature with only 6 Speed EVs.

Substitute >>> Attract on Ninjask. You're still depending on that thing even working, and if it doesn't, Ninjask gets swatted. And you have to work out the gender thing too... like Ninjask could even switch in on many attacks... *cough*

Take Whirlwind off Rampardos. You do know it has a lower priority than most moves, right? Yeah, that means opponent KOs before he even gets to go on a rampage, regardless of whether or not he has 100000 speed boosts on him. I guess Rock Polish isn't half too bad since Rampardos would get owned without a speed boost...

As for Items, I would run Wise Glasses on Gengar, Leftovers on Ninjask, and the physical Wise Glasses equivalent on Rampardos (I forgot what it was called, some Muscle band or something).

[edit]Oh, and I would give you a more thorough team rating if your team could fix up its movesetse first. Otherwise I would have normally proceeded to the Pokémon that are a major threat to your team, your insufficiency in choosing walls, and the bad type coverage.[/edit]
Back to top Go down
Cirrus
Cirrus

PostSubject: Re: Future Platinum Team?   Future Platinum Team? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:36 pm

The only reason I chose Punishment on Infernape was for type coverage, anyway. What move should I change instead of Punishment? I'm thinking EQ to hinder the evil Heatrans that always show up against me. I see that as being a big problem, since Forry is weak against Fire, Rampardos would probably be outsped and the rest would get pwned along with it.

I want to have a stat-changer Pokemon on my team. Something that can use two different aliments, like with Arcanine's T Wave and WOW. But how can I balance that and an attack so that I don't get Taunted?

I chose HP Fire on Gengar mainly for type coverage; a counter for Bronzong, other Forretress', and other OUs, but might HP Ice be better?

When you use Whirlwind, doesn't that end your opponent's turn? Meaning if I used Rampardos' Whirlwind after Polishing or using Ninjask's Baton Pass, would I be able to use Whirlwind multiple times to attack the opponent with SR and Spikes?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Future Platinum Team?   Future Platinum Team? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:23 pm

I don't have much a problem with Gengar's HP Fire, but you might be better off with Shadow Ball and Focus Blast - it provides at least neutral damage to every Pokémon in the OU- Meta game. That's why Gengar's so good, besides his immunity to three types (2 of which are very common) and his 4x resistance to bug attacks.

Punishment, even if it is super effective, will therefore be base 2. Congratulations.

If you haven't noticed, Arcanine lacks the ... everything for being a defensive supporter, other than his movepool that gives him the availability with WoW and T-Wave. He (or she, but I'll refer to it as a he) has no recovery move, takes 1/4 HP from Stealth Rock, and definitely does not have adequate defenses for taking that kind of position. Intimidate is pretty good, but for switching in. I really like his mixed sweeping set though. I mean, his Offense and Speed are pretty decent -- why not use them? You can stick in T-Wave if you think the opponent is going to switch or something (although switching in for a ground type is more common on fire types, and makes the move less useful). Will o wisp is ok, but it is inaccurate and because Arcanine lacks stellar defenses, it still wouldn't be as useful. Sure, it helps the rest of the team though.

Whirlwind is lower priority move. if you have 6 Speed boosts and use Whirlwind, you will go after a Lv. 1 0 EV Machop using Low Kick.
Back to top Go down
Cirrus
Cirrus

PostSubject: Re: Future Platinum Team?   Future Platinum Team? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:54 pm

My main goal for Arcanine was to be an infecter, but it looks more like a sweeper now. Who could I use as a tank/infecter instead of Arcanine? Someone who can learn a burning attack and paralyzing attack would be good...
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Future Platinum Team?   Future Platinum Team? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:05 pm

I know Gallade can do both, but Gallade doesn't have good PDef. Most Ghosts are pretty good at annoying, like Dusknoir who can burn pretty efficiently and Pain Split/Confuse Ray to piss off the opponent. I think the new Rotom forms in Platinum can do both T-Wave and Will-o-Wisp, and have pretty good bulk (well defense wise yes, but not HP wise. TRotom's resistances are pretty good though). There's Double Status Absol, but he doesn't have good defenses either. Mismagius is also a pretty good T-Wave/Will-o-Wisping Ghosts, but in Platinum, I think you'd be best off with Rotom-cut or the Fire Rotom. Both are pretty good in terms of Anti RS and defense... well Fire Rotom could be offensive. of course, Rotom-w rocks, but that's besides the point.
Back to top Go down
Cirrus
Cirrus

PostSubject: Re: Future Platinum Team?   Future Platinum Team? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:07 pm

I'm leaning toward the Rotom. Would max EVing and IVing its HP make up for the natural deficit? And I could add in an attack to prevent Taunt?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Future Platinum Team?   Future Platinum Team? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 7:12 pm

You could go for a 252 HP / 100 Def / 158 SDef EV spread on Rotom-c, using Offensive Shadow Ball and Leaf Storm. Being Rotom-c, the opponent would have less a chance of switching in a ground type (since it'd get owned by Leaf Storm), so the T-Wave has a better potential. Shadow ball is for STAB and opponents resistant to Grass attacks, most notably celebi. It also helps against Rival Ghost types that may be a threat. You can't really prevent Taunt, but you can prevent Taunt from completely devastating you.
Back to top Go down
Cirrus
Cirrus

PostSubject: Re: Future Platinum Team?   Future Platinum Team? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 7:16 pm

Do all the Rotom forms have the same base stats? Because I wanted to use Rotom-F as a stat changer/wall.
Back to top Go down
MuFc Ry
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
MuFc Ry

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: Future Platinum Team?   Future Platinum Team? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 3:34 pm

i would suggest getting rid of spikes on forrtress and giving it rapid spin so if they use SR u can counter with rapid spin and eving it with 252 def and 252 sp.def for the sp.atkrs and 6HP for just a tad more health i hope this helps =P

Prof. Ryan

EDIT: also swap attract with gyro ball coz attract would be useless against blissey and stuff plus forretress is slow so gyro balls power will increase
Back to top Go down
Cirrus
Cirrus

PostSubject: Re: Future Platinum Team?   Future Platinum Team? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 9:02 pm

I tried using Gyro Ball, and it barely did anything against a Weavile Sad

Forretress would have no Attack EVs, either, making it an even worse physical attacker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future Platinum Team?   Future Platinum Team? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Future Platinum Team?
Page 1 of 1