Chimchar Forums
History of the Pokémon World! 349-1
Chimchar Forums
History of the Pokémon World! 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

History of the Pokémon World!

Go down 
+5
Bea
MuFc Ry
NorBoyZ
Maple_Syrupp
Prof. Oak
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Prof. Oak
Prof. Oak

Number of posts : 156

History of the Pokémon World! Empty
PostSubject: History of the Pokémon World!   History of the Pokémon World! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 3:51 pm

This topic started out in the CB by Monkey_Senior about a question on how to the "god Pokémon" breed? I went on to answer that because they are considered gods, they do no breed, they would just created lesser beings of themselves.
This then led to the mythology of Pokémon and how everything came to be.

Pokémon Timeline
*Timeline events are taken on all known information from the Pokémon games.
All were taken fro Pokémon Diamond and Pearl from the library in Canalave City.

The Original Story

"In the beginning, there was only a churning turmoil of chaos.
At the heart of chaos, where all things became one, appeared an Egg.
Having tumbled from the vortex, the Egg gave rise to the Original One.
From itself, two beings the Original One did make.
Time started to spin. Space began to expand.
From itself again, three living things the Original One did make.
The two beings wished, and from them, matter came to be.
The three living things wished, and from them, spirit came to be.
The world created, the Original One took to unyielding sleep..."

Begining of the universe
So, an Egg appeard out of the void History of the Pokémon World! AniEggMS
And hatched into the Original One, which is, of course, refering to Arceus. History of the Pokémon World! 493
Arceus then created two beings from itself, Dialga and Palkia History of the Pokémon World! 483 History of the Pokémon World! 484
Dialga controls and then started time, while Palkia controls and then created Space.

Afterwards, Arceus then created from itself three more beings, Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf. Though all three are said to have hatched from the same egg.
History of the Pokémon World! 480 History of the Pokémon World! 481 History of the Pokémon World! 482

Whereas Dailga and Palkia are in charge of Time and Space, the Lake Trio were created to bring knowledge (Uxie), emotion (Mesprit) and will-power (Azelf) to future generations of Pokémon.

It is interesting to note that Dailga and Palkia's footprints look like crowns. Dialga's looks like a king's crown, Palkia's looks like a queen's, and Giratina's is smaller than that, possibly a prince's, which leads to believe that Dailga and Palkia created Giratina. However, shortly after being created, Giratina disappears into an alternate dimension.
History of the Pokémon World! 487

Creation of the Pokémon World
Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf then create Groudon and Kyogre, who are tasked with forming the land and the sea.
History of the Pokémon World! 383 History of the Pokémon World! 382

As the last line in the Original Story says, Arceus then falls into a deep sleep.

The world being created, Groudon and Kyogre then get into a ferocious battle and nearly destroy all that they have created. Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf intervine and create Rayquaza who banishes Groudon and Kyogre to hidden areas of the Hoenn region. Rayquaza is then tasked to watch over the skies.
History of the Pokémon World! 384

Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf then focus back on the world. They create Regigigas who was tasked with moving all the continents that Groundon made into different land masses. One of these collosal movements creates the now Mt. Coronet in the Sinnoh region.
History of the Pokémon World! 486

Prehistory
The world then starts new life, with the time now millions of years before Generation l.
The earliest known prehistoric Pokémon exist in this time with this information based primarily on fossils and archaeological remains such as Omanyte, Kabuto, Aerodactyl, Lileep, Anorith, Cranidos, Shieldon as well as their evolutions.
History of the Pokémon World! 138 History of the Pokémon World! 140 History of the Pokémon World! 142 History of the Pokémon World! 345 History of the Pokémon World! 347 History of the Pokémon World! 408 History of the Pokémon World! 410

Additionally, Relicanth is also an ancient Pokémon and it can be considered a living fossil since it survived extinction for approximately a hundred million years and can be caught in the wild instead of being revived from a fossil.
History of the Pokémon World! 369

About 10,000 years before Generation l, the legendary golems are then created by Regigigas in accordance with the world's different ages-

Stone Age: Regirock History of the Pokémon World! 377

Ice Age: Regice History of the Pokémon World! 378

Iron Age: Registeel History of the Pokémon World! 379

Presumably, after these Ages is when most Pokémon populations start to decline, more notebly Tangrowth, Mamoswine and Yanmega. By having Tangela, Piloswine and Yanma learn the move Ancient Power, they can each evolve to their once "ancient" nature.

History of the Pokémon World! 465 History of the Pokémon World! 473 History of the Pokémon World! 469

1,500 years before Generation l is the earliest known date for the system of writing developed and used at the Ruins of Alph, Tanoby Ruins, and Solaceon Ruins. Archaeologists are currently unsure whether the nearly identical Unown preceded or succeeded the writing system, but it is assumed they share some sort of connection.

History of the Pokémon World! 201

Recent History
c. 700 years before Generation l, the Brass and Tin Towers are constructed in Ecruteak City. At this point is when Lugia (Brass) and Ho-Oh (Tin) are perched at each respective tower's top.

History of the Pokémon World! 249 History of the Pokémon World! 250

c. 150 years before Generation l, the Brass tower burns to the ground, killing three Pokémon that were inside. From this point, it is now known as the Burned Tower. Lugia then flees to the Whirl Islands. It creates the legendary birds and then rests at the bottom of the sea. Ho-Oh resurrects the three fallen Pokémon as the legendary beasts and flies off in search of a pure-hearted Trainer.

History of the Pokémon World! 144 History of the Pokémon World! 145 History of the Pokémon World! 146 History of the Pokémon World! 243 History of the Pokémon World! 244 History of the Pokémon World! 245

Contemporary History
Years prior to Generation l, a hair is found belonging to Mew and Mewtwo is cloned from it.

History of the Pokémon World! 151 History of the Pokémon World! 150

Generation lll is when Team Magma and Team Aqua release Groudon and Kyogre from their banisment in order to take over the world. The hero is able to calm both legendary creatures though from doing any damage.

History of the Pokémon World! Famtre12

**There's still alot more to add but here is just the begining of it!**

CB conversation wss provided by Monkey_Senior, Bea and I with Norwegianboy listening in and throwing in a comment every now and then that had nothing to do with the topic lol.

Last edited by Prof. Oak on Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Maple_Syrupp
Maple_Syrupp

Number of posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: History of the Pokémon World!   History of the Pokémon World! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 3:57 pm

Hey, I started the Regi part yesterday lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: History of the Pokémon World!   History of the Pokémon World! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:02 pm

Oak I would be glad to help for more research.Smile
Back to top Go down
NorBoyZ

Number of posts : 259
Misc. Info : B****, I'm fabulous.

PostSubject: Re: History of the Pokémon World!   History of the Pokémon World! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:02 pm

That was realy AWSOME
I'd like 2 hear more of it
( now I get most of it )
Back to top Go down
MuFc Ry
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
MuFc Ry

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: History of the Pokémon World!   History of the Pokémon World! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:15 pm

this is very informative and very long
Back to top Go down
Bea
Bea

Number of posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: History of the Pokémon World!   History of the Pokémon World! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:08 pm

wow. good job oak.
this is what took u so long Razz
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: History of the Pokémon World!   History of the Pokémon World! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:14 pm

so you can breed a suicine and a ditto and it works?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: History of the Pokémon World!   History of the Pokémon World! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:43 pm

well Chimchar, i'm not sure if you played pokemon snap, or watch the T.V. show, but in Snap Legandary Birds hatched from Eggs, and Baby Lugia, Episode 223:English name "A Trapped Parent!" Japanize name "Captive Lugia" , appered in an episode of pokemon, so in theory, yes they could breed, but for some reson that theory has not applied to the "regular" pokemon games yet

Pokemon Snap Picture: History of the Pokémon World! 5 <-----Zapdos hatching
Episode 223 Picure: History of the Pokémon World! 223 <------baby Lugia, mom in episode, but i can't get a picture here, go to Serebii.net for proof

Monkey

Last edited by Monkey_Senior on Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Maple_Syrupp
Maple_Syrupp

Number of posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: History of the Pokémon World!   History of the Pokémon World! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:44 pm

Most of this relates to the t.v. show, not the game, but I may be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Oak
Prof. Oak

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: History of the Pokémon World!   History of the Pokémon World! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 10:43 am

Monkey_Senior wrote:
well Chimchar, i'm not sure if you played pokemon snap, or watch the T.V. show, but in Snap Legandary Birds hatched from Eggs, and Baby Lugia, Episode 223:English name "A Trapped Parent!" Japanize name "Captive Lugia" , appered in an episode of pokemon, so in theory, yes they could breed, but for some reson that theory has not applied to the "regular" pokemon games yet

Monkey

Good job on the post Monkey! The series is a good example of showing that legendaires do infact breed with Baby Lugia and definatly Pokemon Snap. There is one more though that I'm surprised people keep forgeting.

What about Manaphy? If you're looking for straight up, hard proof evidence, Manaphy is the perfect example of how a legendary can breed and so far, the only one we know of in the actual game.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

PostSubject: Re: History of the Pokémon World!   History of the Pokémon World! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 11:02 am

Oak wrote:
There is one more though that I'm surprised people keep forgeting.

What about Manaphy? If you're looking for straight up, hard proof evidence, Manaphy is the perfect example of how a legendary can breed and so far, the only one we know of in the actual game.

Oak, Manaphy can breed, but it is still unknown how Manaphy is accually born. Manaphy's eggs always hatch out Phonie, no one has ben able to evolve Phonie to Manaphy yet. That is my resoning for leaving him out Oak, I want to find out what Legandary pokemon can breed to create more of themselfs.

Monkey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: History of the Pokémon World!   History of the Pokémon World! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 12:01 pm

I think Lugia CAN breed because there might have been 2 Lugias. The one in the Whirl Islands and the one in the episode Monkey put. They might have done something so have the Baby Lugia.
Back to top Go down
YagamiDark
YagamiDark

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: History of the Pokémon World!   History of the Pokémon World! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 12:04 pm

If Lugia can breed, that means genderless pokemon are hermaphrodites
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Tar
Tyrant Tar

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: History of the Pokémon World!   History of the Pokémon World! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 12:11 pm

I'd imagine Legendaries can't breed ingame for balance reasons. You're supposed to be ridiculously lucky to even get a glimpse of these things. We not only get to catch them, we can catch all of them, with good natures!

There were three Lugias in the anime: the mother and baby, and the one in the movie. And RBY/FRLG seems to hint at a second Articuno. And Enteis are born when a volcano erupts (when Entei barks, I think). So there's evidence of whole populations of some Legendaries.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

PostSubject: Re: History of the Pokémon World!   History of the Pokémon World! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 6:08 pm

CHIMCHAR wrote:
so you can breed a suicine and a ditto and it works?

Chimchar, you picked a very interesting example with Suicune. I was reading in the library in Canalave City. It turns out that nameless, at the current moment, pokemon died in the brass tower were reserected by Ho-oh, like Oak said. But some researchers belive that the dogs had gotten their powers from the lightning that hit the Brass Tower, the fire that burned it, and the water that put out the fire. This three pokemon became the legendary dogs. So purhaps that instead of the legendary dogs being able to breed babies like themselfs, but babies of the nameless pokemon.

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: History of the Pokémon World!   History of the Pokémon World! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

History of the Pokémon World!
Page 1 of 1