Chimchar Forums
Monty Python's Flying Circus 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Monty Python's Flying Circus 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Go down 
+3
Prof. Slowfreak
Giovanni
Spades Slick
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

Number of posts : 377

Monty Python's Flying Circus Empty
PostSubject: Monty Python's Flying Circus   Monty Python's Flying Circus I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:31 am

***ANYONE THAT IS A MONTY PYTHON FAN AND CAN PROOVE IT WILL RECIEVE A PRIZE***

.Monty Python's Flying Circus Canada_flag

Monty Python's Flying Circus AerodactylWelcome Challengers!!Monty Python's Flying Circus Aerodactyl

Welcome to the flying circus, also a movie by the Monty Python comedy group, this gym is built to test your integrity, cunning, instincts, and luck. As any moron can tell, this FLYING type gym is appropriately named.

Monty Python's Flying Circus 27052

Oh, yeah . . . I DO!!

Enjoy the show, your part of it!! Good Luck Defaeting my circus pokemon! If you dare challenge them . . .

As an addedall challengers to this gym must answer a trivia question, based on what I like and know. This will be done in the Chat Box right before we battle, if I PM it to you then you can look it up. Don't worry, you get 5 tries (only need 1 right, and they will not be very hard).

Example: "Name 5 songs played originally by the legendary band, the Beatles."

You would say: "I Want to Hold Your Hand, Hello Goodbye, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band, I Am The Walrus, and Yellow Submarine."

That would be a correct answer.

If you truly can't get any of the 5 questions right then you can probably battle me anyway . . . This is just for my own amusement.

If you like any of my pokemon, then you may offer me a trade for them. Only ones that I have put on my trading page (see WiFi part of this site) are available. I have clones of some, done by a friend, but I do not have nor have I ever used Action Replay.

Please note that my WiFi crashes often, if it happens during a battle then we will either re-match or declare a winner (depends on where the battle is at the moment that it happens).

STORY:

The room looks like a refurbished version of the Roman Colliseum, there is no roof. Fans of the Gym Leader roar with enthusiasum as you approach the center of the arena, he is standing on top of a pokeball design on the floor. The leader himself is tall and thin, but with some obvious strength and intelligence visible on his face. He grits his teeth and flashes you a slight smile, telling you that you are up against a real trainer this time, not one of those pathetic little kids that ou played with back in Pallet Town.

He says: "Welcome to Monty Python's Flying Circus Challenger! My name is Ryan, and my pokemon are of the flying type. I hope you aren't another fool that has no right battling me. I have no tolerence for those kinds of people . . . Very well, do your best and try not to cower in fear of my awsome flying circus!!!"

RULES:

Rule 1: HAVE FUN.

Rule 2: If I don't respond to your challenge for a couple of days then sorry. I have a life and it comes first.

Pokemon I could use: (even though for most of them I won't)
006 Charizard Fire Flying
012 Butterfree Bug Flying
016 Pidgey Normal Flying
017 Pidgeotto Normal Flying
018 Pidgeot Normal Flying
021 Spearow Normal Flying
022 Fearow Normal Flying
041 Zubat Poison Flying
042 Golbat Poison Flying
083 Farfetch'd Normal Flying
084 Doduo Normal Flying
085 Dodrio Normal Flying
123 Scyther Bug Flying
130 Gyarados Water Flying
142 Aerodactyl Rock Flying
144 Articuno Ice Flying
145 Zapdos Electric Flying
146 Moltres Fire Flying
149 Dragonite Dragon Flying
163 Hoothoot Normal Flying
164 Noctowl Normal Flying
165 Ledyba Bug Flying
166 Ledian Bug Flying
169 Crobat Poison Flying
176 Togetic Normal Flying
177 Natu Psychic Flying
178 Xatu Psychic Flying
187 Hoppip Grass Flying
188 Skiploom Grass Flying
189 Jumpluff Grass Flying
193 Yanma Bug Flying
198 Murkrow Dark Flying
207 Gligar Ground Flying
225 Delibird Ice Flying
226 Mantine Water Flying
227 Skarmory Steel Flying
267 Beautifly Bug Flying
276 Taillow Normal Flying
277 Swellow Normal Flying
278 Wingull Water Flying
279 Pelipper Water Flying
284 Masquerain Bug Flying
291 Ninjask Bug Flying
333 Swablu Normal Flying
334 Altaria Dragon Flying
357 Tropius Grass Flying
373 Salamence Dragon Flying
396 Starly Normal Flying
397 Staravia Normal Flying
398 Staraptor Normal Flying
414 Mothim Bug Flying
415 Combee Bug Flying
416 Vespiquen Bug Flying
425 Drifloon Ghost Flying
426 Drifblim Ghost Flying
430 Honchkrow Dark Flying
441 Chatot Normal Flying
458 Mantyke Water Flying
468 Togekiss Normal Flying
469 Yanmega Bug Flying
472 Gliscor Ground Flying

Regular rules still apply, here they are:
Gym Challengers,

Please read the following rules. They do not differ from your other battles much, but these rules will be enforced more severely. You WILL be punished if any rules are broken.

The following are settings that are to be used in all Gym Pokémon matches:

•Match Type: Level 100 Standard Play Only.
•Best of: 1 match (6 Pokémon each)

In addition, the following rules apply to all Gym matches.

•Species Clause: You may not have more than one of the same exact Pokémon on your team. This does not mean that using a team of all dragon/ground will be permitted against something like an Electric team. DON'T BE CHEAP and use doubles of each type if you can avoid it.

•Sleep Clause: No two Pokémon on either team may be put to sleep by their opponent at the same time. This does not include self-induced sleep techniques such as rest.

•Self KO Clause: If both players are on their last Pokémon, and one player performs a Self KO technique such as Self-Destruct or Explosion, and both players' Pokémon faint as a result, the player that initiated the move will be the loser of the battle. This does not include techniques or items that produce recoil.

•Evasion Clause: Any moves that increase your Pokémon’s evasion skills are banned from use. This is due to the simple reason that it brings the battles to a gamble, a luck draw, if you will.

•One Hit KO Clause: Any techniques that produce a One Hit KO on the opponent are banned from use. No horn drill, sheer cold, or fissure.

•Item Clause/Restriction is OFF: That means you may use more than one of the same item. Just try to refrain from six focus sashes.

Keep in Mind: The use of any hacked Pokémon is strictly forbidden. This means Pokémon created by Pokesav or any other cheating devices even with legit stats are not allowed. If you are caught with any hacked Pokémon, your team is subjected to being banned for a certain period of time. If you refuse, an inspection of your team by an admin or moderator to check for hacked Pokémon will ensue. Or, if you are caught lying to an admin or moderator, a strict punishment will be enforced upon you.

Make sure your Pokémon are legitimately obtained before using them. If you got your Pokémon in the GTS, check them using IV calculators. Or, if you don’t completely trust yourself, ask an admin or moderator to engage in a trade – not for Pokémon, but to check the stats of your Pokémon to see if they are legitimate. Having no “legit” Pokémon available is no excuse, even highly competitive legitimate Pokémon are not that hard to obtain.
If you want to play with Pokémon teams that have all maxed out stats, there are online simulators that allow this advantage. If you wish to use

Note: Any team participating in this gym is subject to inspection of their Pokémon by me or other CHIMCHAR staff at any time. If you cuss, or treat any member of the forum badly, you are subject to a ban for an appropriate amount of time.

If a gym leader asks you before the battle terminates, for a trade afterwards to check for hacked pokemon, you MUST accept the trade within 30 seconds or you do not get the badge. If you disconnect after the battle, and the gym leader had asked you beforehand for a trade, he/she has the discretion to not award you the badge as well as disallowing you from challenging his/her gym for a certain period of time. This is important because we do not want people to be able to get away with winning gym badges by using hacked pokemon

For people that call me a retard:
3SmartCubes.com - IQ Test[url=
3SmartCubes.com - IQ Test]IQ test results[/url]

Last edited by Monty Python on Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:55 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Giovanni
Giovanni

Number of posts : 222
Misc. Info : Young man there was named Wong
For great justice he fought to oppose wrong
Fleet of his was big
He took off every Zig
Him to all base are belong

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python's Flying Circus   Monty Python's Flying Circus I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:09 pm

grats on the spot ;3
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

Number of posts : 802
Misc. Info : Hello

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python's Flying Circus   Monty Python's Flying Circus I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:06 am

good game varment, i think you have been the best battle i've had yet. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SonicX580
SonicX580

Number of posts : 106

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python's Flying Circus   Monty Python's Flying Circus I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:22 am

Hey Varment that was a good game I barely won let's have another match sometime again.
Back to top Go down
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python's Flying Circus   Monty Python's Flying Circus I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:06 am

Yeah that was a good game Smile I'm thinking about making a few rule changes or challenging options . . .

For now my gym is temporarily closed (give me a day or two), while I consider this.
Back to top Go down
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python's Flying Circus   Monty Python's Flying Circus I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:31 am

Re-open! Welcome everyone to the circus of circuses (and its not the Circus Mgerkus).

The spectacular Flying Circus is once again taking customers!!
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

Number of posts : 786
Misc. Info : Saxophone Rules.

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python's Flying Circus   Monty Python's Flying Circus I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 9:33 pm

I challenge for badge
Back to top Go down
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python's Flying Circus   Monty Python's Flying Circus I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 2:01 am

I am posting here because I would like to try and become an E4. My type would hopefully stay Flying, I think that I would be able to make my team pretty kick ass with 2 fillers instead of 1. I'll PM the testers about it.
Back to top Go down
Prof. O Mighty Nips
Prof. O Mighty Nips

Number of posts : 1024

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python's Flying Circus   Monty Python's Flying Circus I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:27 pm

best of luck
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

Number of posts : 786
Misc. Info : Saxophone Rules.

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python's Flying Circus   Monty Python's Flying Circus I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:57 pm

Good luck with that, but I'd like to wait till we have 7 GLs
Back to top Go down
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python's Flying Circus   Monty Python's Flying Circus I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:28 am

Sure, no problem. I just want to make it known that I am interested in the spot. Let me know when I am allowed to be tested!
Back to top Go down
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python's Flying Circus   Monty Python's Flying Circus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:05 pm

Alright, excuse the double post here, I got E4! I guess it would great if one of the mods could move this to the E4 section. I'll edit the word "gym" throughout the first post later.

At least now I don't have to battle people as often/at all. :p
Back to top Go down
Spades Slick
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Spades Slick

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python's Flying Circus   Monty Python's Flying Circus I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:08 am

IDK, I guess I should post this here.

I want to change my type to Fighting. Someone PM me for my test (I don't know who that would be) or post here.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python's Flying Circus   Monty Python's Flying Circus I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 12:40 pm

-RESIGNED-

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python's Flying Circus   Monty Python's Flying Circus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monty Python's Flying Circus
Page 1 of 1