Chimchar Forums
Garchomp... 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Garchomp... 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

Garchomp...

Go down 
+6
Prof. Poseidon
dragontrainergirl
Prof. Slowfreak
Raked Leaves
meowmeowmeow
Jordan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jordan
Jordan

Number of posts : 613

Garchomp... Empty
PostSubject: Garchomp...   Garchomp... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:22 am

Alright, let's get this staright. I am sick of being without Garchomp, and I am sure that quite a few agree with me. OU just isn't the same without him. If you do go to Smogon and look at Garchomp, you'll see an abundance of counters at the bottom of his counter page.
What really makes me angry is that people are just fine without him. Some of the people that want him gone are the people that curse and moan when they lose to him. Some just call him "broken."

How about we open this up a little, shall we?
Broken- Let's try and define this. Apparantly, in the current metagame, broken means so overused that it's not funny. Yachechomp, etc. How about we open up a Salamence along with Garchomp?

Salamence runs either the DD set or the Specsmence most of the time.
Garchomp runs the CBset or the Yacheset every time.

Salamence gets a STAB specced Draco meteor, backed up by his nice special attack stat.
Garchomp gets STAB Outrage.

Not too many differences between them, besides the easily outrun 333 speed that Garchomp as opposed to Salamence's 328. Oh one more thing...Garchomp usually doesn't get OHKO'd by Ice moves with a Yache berry.
If i'm not mistaken, you need a special stat of 269 or higher to OHKO him with a Yache berry. That's honestly not that hard to get.
Another minor nitpick...Sandveil. So many pokemon get it, who cares if Chomp gets it? woo, 20% extra to dodge moves. Salamence gets levitate! He can't be touched by ground moves!

To get down to the point; Garchomp is just like any plain old OU pokemon. Sure he gets "sand veil" and Outrage, sure he carries Yache so he can set up an SD, but CMcune and Salamence, just because they're good, does that mean that they deserve to be banned?
Who are you going to take from me next? My specsmence, or my CMrachi? I hate to go to official server to test teams and play, as the community is great, but it seems I have no choice if one of the stars from my team is jailed.

I did not write this but i like his Argument

Source:http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45654
Back to top Go down
meowmeowmeow
meowmeowmeow

Number of posts : 306

Garchomp... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp...   Garchomp... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 8:05 am

it is a good point. noone wants to spend time raising something like Garchomp to find they are useless.
If pokemon are considered too strong for others maybe they should put in more effort to try and defeat the strong pokemon... instead of winging and having them knocked off.
its not that hard to ev train something good.
some people are lazy
xoxox
queen
Back to top Go down
Raked Leaves
Raked Leaves

Number of posts : 368
Misc. Info : Sasquatch1196

Garchomp... Empty
PostSubject: wow   Garchomp... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:33 pm

that argument is right he said everything i was thinking and a little more i want that argument to go to the top and change this dumb decision lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

Number of posts : 802
Misc. Info : Hello

Garchomp... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp...   Garchomp... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:41 pm

IM against it, but also with it.

To prove your point in mence vs chomp.Forexample, each pokemon has certian stats to be ev'd in. Mence should normally e ev'd in defences, but he can alse be psyical. But lets say he was defences. Chomp is for sweeping. Chomp has far better moves and stats for the position hes in (sweeping) than mence and his defending. Does this make sence?

This is an advantage and a disadvantage to many.
Back to top Go down
dragontrainergirl
dragontrainergirl

Number of posts : 353

Garchomp... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp...   Garchomp... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 4:47 am

I also think garchomp being an uber is stupid!! NEARLY EVERY DRAGON POKEMON IS AN UBER!!! rarw!!
and also everyone has a garchomp! there soo popular!
and very cute!! (yes i think it is cute!)

+ i spent ages ev training one for my dragon team (not for gym) and garchomp was one of my best and favs! now i cant battle with him on wifi Sad
Back to top Go down
Prof. Poseidon

Number of posts : 676

Garchomp... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp...   Garchomp... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 7:39 am

I also disagree *raises hand* I don't use one because I think he's too powerful but he is too easy to kill to be an uber! Ice Shard Mamoswine does the trick sometimes and for a Yache chances are you will make it through... Porygon-Z's Ice Beam works for me sometimes even when they do have Yache. I'm not saying that they're really easy to kill because I sometimes have problems with them too. I just don't think they need to be uber.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

Number of posts : 802
Misc. Info : Hello

Garchomp... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp...   Garchomp... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:47 pm

Prof. Lenny wrote:
I also disagree *raises hand* I don't use one because I think he's too powerful but he is too easy to kill to be an uber! Ice Shard Mamoswine does the trick sometimes and for a Yache chances are you will make it through... Porygon-Z's Ice Beam works for me sometimes even when they do have Yache. I'm not saying that they're really easy to kill because I sometimes have problems with them too. I just don't think they need to be uber.

True lenny, about the killing art.
Any high special using poke, thats faster than chomp with specs and kill it OHKO, like my starmie, porygon z, frolass..etc have all killed garchomps with 1 ice beam
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

Number of posts : 786
Misc. Info : Saxophone Rules.

Garchomp... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp...   Garchomp... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:51 pm

I'm writing a complaint, mainly because my scarfed tentacreul can even kill garchomp with out yache berry
Back to top Go down
niccset
niccset

Number of posts : 2

Garchomp... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp...   Garchomp... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 1:00 pm

he is not an uber he is a dragon pokemon der is not alot of them 2 just ban it
Back to top Go down
Stallica
Stallica

Number of posts : 101

Garchomp... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp...   Garchomp... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 3:49 pm

just because he is a dragon pokemon doesnt warrant his banning. It's his powerful stats, his ability, and movepool. Garchomp is a monster and even if you can take him down, he has the potential to sweep teams. With yache he can take out your dragon counter as well.
Back to top Go down
Maple_Syrupp
Maple_Syrupp

Number of posts : 224

Garchomp... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp...   Garchomp... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 4:18 pm

S-face is right. I, probably like others used yache berry to eat an ice attack and swords dance then rip a team apart. I don't agree with Garchomp being uber but I can't do anything about it, so time to look for a replacement.
Back to top Go down
Stallica
Stallica

Number of posts : 101

Garchomp... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp...   Garchomp... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 4:55 pm

well, guys, the new platinum has many new moves for pokemon such as outrage for flygon, SALAMENCE, and kingdra. Can't wait till the english version comes out. Salamence can now run DD + outrage

EDIT: new tutor movesets can be found here

http://boards.ign.com/pokemon_diamond_pearl/b8007/170632050/p1/
Back to top Go down
Prof. Monk
Professor
Professor
Prof. Monk

Number of posts : 786
Misc. Info : Saxophone Rules.

Garchomp... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp...   Garchomp... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 7:35 pm

I'm fine with Garchomp being uber now, it saves my poison gym any harm
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

Number of posts : 613

Garchomp... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp...   Garchomp... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 8:04 pm

Stallica wrote:
just because he is a dragon pokemon doesnt warrant his banning. It's his powerful stats, his ability, and movepool. Garchomp is a monster and even if you can take him down, he has the potential to sweep teams. With yache he can take out your dragon counter as well.

Garchomp isnt that goos though, some people can OHKO him like nothing
Back to top Go down
meowmeowmeow
meowmeowmeow

Number of posts : 306

Garchomp... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp...   Garchomp... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 5:59 am

exactly see how many people can whomp him out?
pokemons a thinking game so some people need to think!!
Garchomp can easily sweep teams i agree but then some teams can easily knock him out, you just have to prepare for everything in a battle.

i must say im always safe from these things cus i always pick the terribly cute looking ones heh heh...
Surprised
xoxoxox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Garchomp... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp...   Garchomp... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garchomp...
Page 1 of 1