Chimchar Forums
Garchomp...... 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Garchomp...... 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

Garchomp......

Go down 
+5
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Oak
Dingen
MuFc Ry
DeadSoldier
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DeadSoldier
DeadSoldier

Number of posts : 182
Misc. Info : Demonic

Garchomp...... Empty
PostSubject: Garchomp......   Garchomp...... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 2:57 pm

Okei i have heard that Garchomp is an uber now?..
My guess is that its ubered by those who don't know how to use/counter it
One day more pokemon are gonna get "ubered" like tyranitar or maybe gengar...
some say: that won't happend.
How do you know that? I think that it's a joke that Garchomp is "ubered"

Write what you want on this topic but still other pokemon are gonna get "ubered" by those who don't know how to counter it and cries when they lose against it.
Thats what i have to say..I sure hope that chimchar forum don't follow smogon and "uber" Garchomp here too
Back to top Go down
MuFc Ry
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
MuFc Ry

Number of posts : 282

Garchomp...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp......   Garchomp...... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 2:59 pm

garchomp has become uber because of the moves it will learn in platinum
Back to top Go down
Dingen
Dingen

Number of posts : 224

Garchomp...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp......   Garchomp...... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 3:13 pm

Thats not the reason Elm.
It has been discussed for a long time.
Chomp has sand veil, and NO Pokemon can counter the Yache Berry-
Swords Dance set. Do you think everyone on youtube are complaining
on how gay Garchomp are for no reason?
Garchomp is beast. Garchomp is gay. Garchomp is uber.
-END OF STORY
Back to top Go down
DeadSoldier
DeadSoldier

Garchomp...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp......   Garchomp...... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 3:17 pm

Gay or not alot of pokemon are stronger then garchomp and have much better moves
Back to top Go down
Dingen
Dingen

Garchomp...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp......   Garchomp...... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 3:29 pm

True, but many Pokemon are stronger than Dialga, but Dialga is still uber.
Many people have tested 'Chomp in uber gameplay and he has done great.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Oak
Prof. Oak

Number of posts : 156

Garchomp...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp......   Garchomp...... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 3:33 pm

Demon wrote:
My guess is that its ubered by those who don't know how to use/counter it
I think that it's a joke that Garchomp is "ubered"

other pokemon are gonna get "ubered" by those who don't know how to counter it and cries when they lose against it.

I like demon's posts. They make me laugh a little inside. Clearly this shows how one does not understand the concept of pokemon being classified under the "uber" status or what it even means.

This sort of ranting post also goes to show that a person like this plays the game with nothing but ubers! Its the only way for them to remain "unbeatable". Hahhah! You can never win against my team of 6 Mewtwo's! I'm l33t! You only cry cuz you can't beat me!!

Hopefully, this post will clarify what uber is and why~

Garchomp...... 150-3
Mewtwo

Total base stats hitting 680, this is one mean Pokémon, with an impressive movepool to boost. Not much will outspeed it, let alone a "counter" outspeeding it, and being able to damage it. With an insane movepool, this is one deadly beast. Many refer to Mewtwo as the ultimate Pokémon.

Garchomp...... 151-3
Mew

Mew's base stats "only" hit 600, but what it lacks in punch, it more than makes up for in terms of a movepool. Many of the "special" 600 BST Pokémon are NOT banned, Mew is for one simple reason - movesets. Even some of the deadlier standard Pokémon can be taken down with some common sense prediction, ie which moves it is using from it's limited movepool?
But how can you predict when your opponent can learn every TM known to man?

Garchomp...... 249-3
Lugia
Lugia's base stats hit 680, like Mewtwo, and in some respects, Lugia is like a reverse Mewtwo, in that is is more defensive, whilst our Genetic friend is definately more aggresive, albeit with a few extra weaknesses, but with the abilty to recover that damage and boost it's stats further, and possesing an impressive array of moves.

Garchomp...... 250-3
Ho-Oh

Like it's twin of sorts, it posseses a 680 base stat total, and is more attack orientated. Despite losing 50% to stealth rock, it has a nasty movepool and enough attack power to say that if it switches in, despite being severely molested, it can set up and own. Very deadly and despite the ease in which in can be countered, it can still wipe out an entire team.

Garchomp...... 381-3 Garchomp...... 380-2
Latios and Latias

Brother and sister Ubers, that many people think are acceptable WITHOUT the broken Soul Dew. First things first, Soul Dew is not as broken as it was in advance. Latias is more defensive, and the Soul Dew will boost her Special Defense whilst Latios is more offensive, and therefore the Soul Dew will boost his Special Attack. But they are Uber without it. Both have a BST of 600, but with the important stats carrying the power, the two have some serious resistances and don't have the common 4x Ice weakness that plagues their Dragon cousins. Throw in an impressive movepool, the ability to use Recover to heal themselves and boost their already l33t special capabilities.

Garchomp...... 382-3
Kyogre

A true beast. A trait that would make Tyranitar cry and even admit defeat, with a stat total hitting 680, and a movepool to hurt many types, a true beast to be feared. It could care less about the advantage it gives to Electric switching in, because with their general poor defensive stats, they will surely get hurt by powered up Water moves, let alone the powerful Super Effective moves it learns. Generally difficult to kill, let alone in one hit, this monster will truly wash you away.

Garchomp...... 383-3
Groudon

And Kyogre's nemesis. Groudon is considered by many to be THE best Pokémon in advance. It wants to be a Fire type, but instead they give it a typing that gives it a little more lastability, with a trait and movepool that lets it pretend. Instant Sunny-Beamer, and best Fire pokemon there is. Will eat Kyogre alive if it comes out AFTER Kyogre. With a supreme movepool, super trait and a 680 base stat total.

Garchomp...... 384-3
Rayquaza

Anyone who has been on the receiving end of a mauling by a Salamence will know the pain when you imagine a stronger version of it, with an even better movepool and 80 extra stats. Sure it might be slightly slower, but it makes up for it in punch, and most Salamence sets Dragon Dance anyway so wouldn't utilise the Speed. A truly fearsome beast that could care less if you Ice Beamed it. You'd better hope it kills it in one hit.

Garchomp...... 386-3
Deoxys (Attack, Defence and Normal Forme)

All 4 versions of Deoxys can be used and obtained in DP. All 4 have a 600 base stat total. Yet only 3 are Uber. Sharing the same insane movepool, the standard version is an offensive monster with limited defensive capabilities, but will seriously maim, if not kill alsmost any Pokémon it faces. The attacking monster has less defensive capabilties, it will likely fall to any attack, but will outspeed you more likely than not, and almost certainly end your Pokémons role in that battle. The defensive version will not be going anywhere, and will likely Pressure stall you to death, whilst it LOLs at you and dusts off the damage. The speed version is currently classed as OU.

Garchomp...... 483-3 Garchomp...... 484-3 Garchomp...... 487-3 Garchomp...... 490-3 Garchomp...... 491-3 Garchomp...... 493-3
Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Manaphy, Darkrai and Arceus

Simply said, not enough is known about the DP game to accurately make calls on these, but based on knowledge about things learnt in previous battling quarters, these have been provisionally excluded.
Dialga has a superb type combination, good movepool and a 680 base stat total, which is almost certain exclusion in itself. Palkia has only one weakness, a 680 base stat total and just as useful a movepool. Giratina has a very unusual typing, the same 680 BST and a healthy mix of good moves.
Manaphy is still being debated, but with Hydration and Rain Dance it can fully recover all status, INCLUDING sleep from Rest. More investigation may be required.
Darkrai is the unkown, it is pure dark, but damn fast and has an 80% accurate sleep move, and a trait that will eat you HP when you are asleep. It is more the sleep abuse that is the concerning area here I believe. Arceus. Highest base stat total in the game, of 720, and can be any type basically, with a movepool to reflect that.

Garchomp...... 202-3
Wobbuffet

Why is a 415 BST Pokémon on the uber list?
1. Decent HP and Mirror Coat and Counter. It is extremely difficult to kill in a single blow, and with it's decent HP, could reflect the damage back at you for a certain kill.
2. Encore. If you use a move, it can trap you in it for up to 5 turns. Your opponent would then LOL as it switches to something else and sets up on you.
3. Safeguard. Your attempts to status it will be null and void.
4. Shadow Tag. You can't switch. Simple as.

Now all of these individually are not that big a deal, as many Pokémon have the potetial to perform these feats, but not all together on the same Pokémon.

Shadow Tag also used to create the potential of a Wob v Wob showdown, but Shadow Tag has been changed so that other Shadow Taggers can escape each other, this coupled with Struggle's change now means that it *may* be downgraded, but for now, it is still Uber.

Garchomp...... 445-3
Garchomp

The newest edtion, they say he's uber because of his relatively high stats (mainly HP, Attack & Speed) as well as how unpredictable it is. You never know if it's a scarfchomp, yachechomp, or chain chomp and when you do, you'll most likely lose a poke finding out.
No Pokemon can safely switch into Garchomp's powerful STAB attacks and threaten it before it is 2HKOd at worst. Even the majority of Pokemon with super effective Ice-type moves cannot outspeed and OHKO Garchomp. Some exceptions are a Choice Band Weavile with Ice Punch, Starmie, Gengar and Deoxys-S, which all fail to work as counters since Weavile will not switch in without taking huge amounts of damage and the other three can not OHKO Garchomp due to its Yache Berry. Because of this fact, beating Garchomp will often require at least two Pokemon that can handle its attacks or outspeed it.
When sand veil is in play (increases the evasion of Garchomp by 20% in a sandstorm), every move has only an 80% chance of connecting which makes any potential counter even less reliable.

=)

Last edited by Prof. Oak on Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:34 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dingen
Dingen

Garchomp...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp......   Garchomp...... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 3:44 pm

Very good post Oak.
My mother couldn't have said it better Smile
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

Number of posts : 802
Misc. Info : Hello

Garchomp...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp......   Garchomp...... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:55 pm

Everyone has a good point of view. Im on both sides of this though.

My mom could have done better !!!!
maybe....lol jk nice job oak
Back to top Go down
DeadSoldier
DeadSoldier

Garchomp...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp......   Garchomp...... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:35 pm

Ooooo now i understand more of what ubers are..
I thout that being an uber altso ment that you were an legend..
since most ubers are legends...i thout that was the case
I missunderstood
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

Number of posts : 613

Garchomp...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp......   Garchomp...... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:25 am

Oak, the only thing wrong about your post is that Shaymin isnt a Uber poke it is BL
Back to top Go down
Prof. Oak
Prof. Oak

Garchomp...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp......   Garchomp...... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:16 am

Jordan wrote:
Oak, the only thing wrong about your post is that Shaymin isnt a Uber poke it is BL

I didn't notice it when I was writing the post, I just unconsciencly put Shaymin in there because my mind was thinking "end of pokedex = uber pokes!"

You'll notice that I didn't write anyting about Shaymin being uber but I accidentely put him in there anyway. Thanks for the notice! =D

I took out the Shaymin sprite =P

Last edited by Prof. Oak on Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BuG
BuG

Number of posts : 164

Garchomp...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp......   Garchomp...... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 1:53 pm

Bravo oaky
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

Number of posts : 448

Garchomp...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp......   Garchomp...... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 2:16 pm

if i may have a moment of your time

Prof. Oak wrote:

Garchomp...... 202-3
Wobbuffet

Why is a 415 BST Pokémon on the uber list?
1. Decent HP and Mirror Coat and Counter. It is extremely difficult to kill in a single blow, and with it's decent HP, could reflect the damage back at you for a certain kill.
2. Encore. If you use a move, it can trap you in it for up to 5 turns. Your opponent would then LOL as it switches to something else and sets up on you.
3. Safeguard. Your attempts to status it will be null and void.
4. Shadow Tag. You can't switch. Simple as.

Now all of these individually are not that big a deal, as many Pokémon have the potetial to perform these feats, but not all together on the same Pokémon.

Shadow Tag also used to create the potential of a Wob v Wob showdown, but Shadow Tag has been changed so that other Shadow Taggers can escape each other, this coupled with Struggle's change now means that it *may* be downgraded, but for now, it is still Uber.

for the same reason Wynaut is consitered an uber here, so don't plan on using it
Oak also forgot to mentionthat with leftovers, Wobbuffet can restore his HP increasing his beastlyness(if that is a word)
thanks for the moment

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Prof. Oak
Prof. Oak

Garchomp...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp......   Garchomp...... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 3:37 pm

Monkey wrote:
for the same reason Wynaut is consitered an uber here, so don't plan on using it
Oak also forgot to mentionthat with leftovers, Wobbuffet can restore his HP increasing his beastlyness(if that is a word)
thanks for the moment

Monkey

Yeah, leftovers also, thanks monkey =D

Also I didn't mention Wynaut because its a NFE (not fully evolved) Pokemon, and so therefore hardly ever used. But yes, Wynaut is also considered uber as well.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

Garchomp...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp......   Garchomp...... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 6:00 pm

exactly why prof. oak is smexy... this is SPAM but anyway, garchomp deserves to be uber, for the reasons listed above xD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Garchomp...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garchomp......   Garchomp...... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garchomp......
Page 1 of 1