Chimchar Forums
Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O

Go down 
+10
DeadSoldier
Prof. Poseidon
Prof. Slowfreak
Monkey
Jordan
BuG
Mr.Man
Raked Leaves
Bea
Prof. Oak
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Prof. Oak
Prof. Oak

Number of posts : 156

Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O Empty
PostSubject: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:52 am

I was thinking about this when I was driving home from work one day.

So I'll be in the chatbox talking with people and playing my DS trying to raise different teams by breeding, and you'll notice that whenever one of my bred eggs hatches, I'll start complaining in the chatbox about how its the wrong sex!!

YES, I do care about the sex of my Pokemon because, really when you look at it, certain Pokemon just look like they are either male or female. Most don't understand this reasoning, so I decided to post exactly what I mean~

First, I'll start off that this all happend back when I started playing the orginal Red game back in 1997 or 98. It was when there was only one type of definate male/female Pokemon:

Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 032-3 Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 029-2
Nidroan♂ and Nidoran♀

After this one incident, I started to go mad-crazy about how certain Pokemon should be this way also.....EVEN MORE SO when the next generation of games came out where Pokemon now had registered genders. Up to Gen IV with Diamond/Pearl, it made it even more obvious to certain genders on certain Pokemon. I'll show you what I mean.

Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 012-3 Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 267-2
Butterfree♂ and Beautifly♀

I'll just start at the begining of the Pokedex, name gender opposites and make my way down. First is Butterfree, now this one can go either way really, but I see Butterfree as a male because the female couterpart is Beautifly. Yes, each of these pokes have subtle differences between the male and female sprites, but Butterfree now looks MORE male type now that Beautifly came in.
The only exception to this is if you happen to catch or hatch a shiny Caterpie, in which case shiny Butterfree DEFINATLY looks female, and so I would only accept a female shiny Butterfree-
Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 012-2

Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 015-3 Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 416-2
Beedrill♂ and Vespiquen♀

This one was confirmed with the addition of Vespiquen coming out. In order for Combee to evolve, it has to be female, so Vespiquen are always female. The only couterpart I see for her is Beedrill (even though one is a wasp and the other is a bee) so this was close enough. So Beedrill now are always male. =D

Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 045-3 Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 182-2
Vileplume♂ and Bellossom♀

This one just looks obvious. Since a new evolution of Gloom came out, a more femine version now exists to counter the male-looking Vileplume.

Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 049-3 Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 269-3
Venomoth♀ and Dustox♂

Only because of the coloring on these two, Venomoth is a nice pink color which makes it look female. Now, Venomoth and Dustox share the same species name; Poison Moth. So because Venomoth is female, counterpart is male Dustox.
Again, the exception to this is a shiny Venomoth which is blue, so in this case male shiny Venomoth.
Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 049-3

Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 053-3 Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 301-2
Persian♂ and Delcatty♀

Same thing here, Delcatty just LOOKS like a female and the only other cat out there is a Persian, so it must be male. With the exception of Purugly, but that cat just looks ambiguous, so Purugly can really be either.

Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 068-3
Machamp

There is no female counterpart, but I put this in here because...its a GUY. Come on! Do you see boobies on that thing!? Machamps just always have to be males....end of story.

Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 087-3 Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 365-3
Dewgong♀ and Walrein♂

Again, just because of the way Walrein looks SOOOO much like a male with the big tusks and all, of course the obvious female counterpart is a Dewgong.

Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 122-3 Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 124-2
Mr. Mime♂ and Jynx♀

Jynx is a female-only species and so of course the only counterpart for it is Mr. Mime. Let me say that again, MR. Mime. MISTER. Has to be male!! o_O

Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 128-3 Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 241-2
Tauros♂ and Miltank♀

This one is pretty much forced, much like the Nidorans. Tauros is a male only species and Miltank is its female couterpart.

Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 130-3 Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 350-2
Gyarados♂ and Milotic♀\

To me, Gyaraods just looks like a guy...big, mean...=P Although he was confirmed to look more like a male when its female counterpart came out, Milotic. Both of these Pokemon are almost exacly alike, even in their pre-evolutions! So all my Gyarados' have to be male, and all Milotics have to be female.

Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 200-2 Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 429-3
Misdreavus♀ or Mismagius♀

No real male counterpart here unless you count any other of the Ghost-types, but really, they just look freakn' female. The pearls and everything, even the name. For a male, it would then be called Mistereavus or Misterguis.

Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 282-2 Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 475-3
Gardevoir♀ and Gallade♂

Before, Gardevoir could be either male or female, but in order to evolve into Gallade, it has to be male. However, Gardevoir looks like its wearing like a flowing dress, and being as how there is now a confirmed male in Gallade, the female counterpart has to be a female Gardevoir.

Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 367-3 Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 368-2
Huntail♂ and Gorebyss♀

This is just because of the color scheme. One is blue (for boy) and the other is pink (for girl).
Counterparts! See, I'd have to catch two Clampearls, one male and one female, in order for me to evolve the "correct" gender.

Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 428-2
Lopunny♀

Another without a male couterpart...but...just look at it...clearly this Pokemon looks so sluty enought that it has to be a female.

Well, that pretty much does it for male/female counterparts! As you can see from these examples, this is why I fret so much over the differences in gender. I will go nuts if I don't hatch the correct gender on certain Pokemon.

*Now, it should be noted that out the rest of the Pokemon that I didn't mention, I always try to hatch as male, because they all just look like that. Exceptions are female-only Pokemon like Chansey or Kangaskhan.
Sometimes, I will just get so tired of breeding Pokemon that I'll never get it all right, I'm talking about gender, nature and ability. So if it does happen to be a female when it is supposed to be a male (to me), the next best thing to do is change the name of the Pokemon to reflect that it is indeed female lol.

For examples-

Charizard♀ = Charla

Geodude♀ = Geodudette

Slowbro♀ or Slowking♀ = Slowsis or Slowqueen

Kingler♀ = Queenler

Exeggutor♀ = Exeggutrix

Seaking♀ = Seaqueen

Mr. Mime♀ = Mrs. Mime

Kingdra♀ = Queendra

Slaking♀ = Slaqueen

Sharpedo♀ = Sharpeda

Heatran♀ = Heatrix

And that's all for now on Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=0

Last edited by Prof. Oak on Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bea
Bea

Number of posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:13 pm

THIS IS CRAZY!!! & weird. Especially the machamp part Razz
There are so many names with king too
Back to top Go down
Raked Leaves
Raked Leaves

Number of posts : 368
Misc. Info : Sasquatch1196

PostSubject: cool   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:29 pm

i like that u have certain genders for certain pokemon and things but my favorite thing u said on here was about machamp lol
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 1:39 pm

Oak i don't mean to be rude, but do you have a point to this, or was this just a waste of my time reading?

Monkey
Back to top Go down
BuG
BuG

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 1:46 pm

it's a good point monkey and it's interesting to read not a waste of time
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 8:00 pm

Lol You said Lupunny was a slut Lol
Nice rant Oak, hope to see more in the future. Smile
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

Number of posts : 1800
Misc. Info : humor of the glory days:
[17:53:38] Shitface : monkey is a redhead too
[17:53:47] Shitface : and so is caiite
[17:53:50] Shitface : and so is tom
[17:54:19] MonkeyJR : Shitface i bald <---LOL!

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:20 pm

lopunny is my favourite whore pokemon!!! Lopunny iz epic win!
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

Number of posts : 802
Misc. Info : Hello

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:32 pm

Monkey wrote:
Oak i don't mean to be rude, but do you have a point to this, or was this just a waste of my time reading?

Monkey

Monkey, You are being rude.
Oak took teh time to tell us what he thinks, and to type this for us.
As you can see it was a rant, therefor it was something he was concerned about.
Plus, rants dont have points, they just complain.
Its spam to just ask him that, and rude to say that.

And now to make my post...

This is also like bea's post. But pokemon does seem a little Sexist. They need more pokemon with -queen rather than -king.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:42 pm

slowqueen Razz lol
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:57 pm

sxedrew wrote:
lopunny is my favourite whore pokemon!!! Lopunny iz epic win!

Lol Lupunny is your Favorite, Wonder why...? Lol jk

The only poke who have King and Queen right is NidoKing And NidoQueen
The other pokes that have boy name and girl names are screwed.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

Number of posts : 802
Misc. Info : Hello

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:34 pm

sxedrew wrote:
slowqueen Razz lol

haha your soooo funny drew

>.>

i know this is spam...and you can delete this post whenever you want.
But How come we get mad/yelled at for spamming. But drew...you seem to do it ocasionally..and its ok?
Back to top Go down
Prof. Poseidon

Number of posts : 676

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:28 pm

Well said Oak! But I strongly disagree... Machamb has boobies!!! but those are just his massive pecs rofl but anyways ya I agree completely except with Venemoth and Dustox Dustox looks more like a chick! lol anyways well said. By the way when I breed I really don't make that big of a deal...
Back to top Go down
Prof. Oak
Prof. Oak

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:23 am

I forgot to add two more pokemon to the mix~

Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 196-2 Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 471-2
Espeon♀ and Glaceon♀

These little "kitties" just based on how they look, seem to me like they should also be the females of the Eevee family.
With Espeon being pink and Glaceon being like a robin's egg blue....plus, they just look like girl kitties!!

These Eevee evolutions I will spend forever trying to breed and hatch a 12% female ratio, not to mention getting the right nature on them! Ah well...at least there's only 2...
Back to top Go down
DeadSoldier
DeadSoldier

Number of posts : 182
Misc. Info : Demonic

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 12:04 pm

o these are the ting we discuseed a few weeks ago Razz
And put upp golem..he looks like a dude we need a duddie golem too Razz
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 5:02 pm

jolteon always came across as a male pokemon to me to go along with your eeveelution talk, oak.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Oak
Prof. Oak

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:03 pm

sxedrew wrote:
jolteon always came across as a male pokemon to me to go along with your eeveelution talk, oak.

Yes, actually all the eevee's look like and should be males, except of course espeon and glaceon
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:19 pm

ok, here are the 100% genders that Oak forgot:

Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 106 Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O HitmonchanNormalSprite Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O Hitmontop-m Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 478 Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O 242
Hitmonlee♂, Hitmonchan♂, Hitmontop♂, Froslass♀, and Blissey♀

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:20 pm

Leafeon kinda looks like a girl to me Oak
Back to top Go down
dragontrainergirl
dragontrainergirl

Number of posts : 353

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 3:05 am

yeah same here Very Happy
leafeon just dosent seem right as a boy.....ya know
Back to top Go down
meowmeowmeow
meowmeowmeow

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 8:33 am

i have a pink vaporeon and a skitty and their both boys.... its just not right ( shiny vaporeon is pink btw)

AS THE EEVEELUTION QUEEN:
i think eevvee= girl or boy
vaporeon- girl
jolteon- boy
flareon0 girl
espeon- girl
umbreon- boy
leafeon- girl
glaceon- girl

they all look so feminine to me because they are really curby or have weird decorations
jolteon and umbreon look like boys because they are so sharp and pointy looking, eevee can be both because its rather nuetral looking....
and thats my participation Very Happy

xoxoxox
Back to top Go down
Olivia
Olivia

Number of posts : 176
Misc. Info : Diamond FC: 0946-1873-5042
Platinum FC below Wink

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 9:04 am

For me this is what I think:
Eevee: Boy/Girl
Vaporeon: Girl
Jolteon: Boy
Flareon: Boy
Glaceon: Girl
Leafeon: Girl
Espeon: Girl
Umbreon: Boy

But they are still all so cute!
Back to top Go down
Prof. Poseidon

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 10:52 am

what about Snorlax? he is clearly a dude!
Back to top Go down
Olivia
Olivia

Number of posts : 176
Misc. Info : Diamond FC: 0946-1873-5042
Platinum FC below Wink

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 11:37 am

So true!
And I don't know if you already mentioned Salamence, but Salamence is so a guy!
Back to top Go down
Prof. Poseidon

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 8:37 pm

and Dragonite! and Houndoom! and Metagross!
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Owner
Owner
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 9:28 pm

female snorlax = smexy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O   Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prof. Oak's Pokemon Rant!! >=O
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next