Chimchar Forums
New team? Rate it? 349-1
Chimchar Forums
New team? Rate it? 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

New team? Rate it?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallica20
Metallica20

Number of posts : 34

New team? Rate it? Empty
PostSubject: New team? Rate it?   New team? Rate it? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:49 pm

Tauros- Jolly 6hp/252att/252speed
~Return
~EQ
~Stone Edge
~Pursuit

Infernape- Hasty 170Att/170Spc.Att/ 170speed
~Thunder Punch
~EQ
~Flamethrower
~Focus Blast

Dragonite-Adamant 252Att/252speed/6hp
~Dragon Claw
~Dragon Dance
~Fire Punch
~EQ

Probopass-Calm 252HP/129Spc.Def/129Def
~Stealth Rock
~Flash Cannon
~Toxic
~Earth Power

Jolteon-Timid 252Spc.Att/252speed/4hp
~Shadow Ball
~TB
~Substitue
~HP Grass

Swampert- Relaxed 240hp/216def/52spc.Att
~Surf
~Roar
~Ice Beam
~EQ

Im not so confident about this team.. so plz rate it yea?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Thomas

Number of posts : 52

New team? Rate it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New team? Rate it?   New team? Rate it? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:28 pm

Tauros is a pretty good lead, the EVs are good, but he needs an item. Choice Band isn't bad.

Focus Blast has a pretty bad accuracy; Close Combat is much better. I know Infernape's defenses will drop, but that doesn't matter when Infernape's defenses are already pretty low. It does matter, but not too much. You should be putting the Speed EVs to 232ish, or at least a specific number to outrun a specific Pokémon group. Plus, he's on Hasty, so why not? Hm, that seems weird. Hasty nature? Try putting it on Naive, or taking off T-Punch and EQ. The best set I could think for this kind of-sorta Infernape is the mix set, where you have HP Ice/Nasty Plot, Flamethrower/Fire Blast, Close Combat for Special walls like Blissey, Snorlax and Regice, and Grass Knot for bulky waters. Thunderpunch doesn't hit Swampert, btw. And HP Ice is good for Gliscor.

Good, you could use Outtrage if you want more of a boost though. Then again, Dragon Claw so that you don't get locked in and then forced into confusion.

If you could get HP Ice and BP in place of Shadow Ball, you'll have a better Jolteon. HP Grass isn't bad though.

Probopass should have a 252/130/128 EV spread, since 129 does not give the extra stat point at level 100. So if you that extra stat point, you'd go for the EVs I just gave. There is no difference between 129 EVs and 128 at level 100, or 127 or 126 either.

Half of your team is weak to ground-type attacks, and you only have one Pokémon that is immune to it. Dragonite does have some bulky, but the glaring 4x weakness to ice. He also doesn't have enough to speed to outpace fast EQers (but at least you won't have to worry about Garchomp, since he's Uber now). Dragonite is really more of a late game sweeper and depends heavily on the Deagon Dance before sweeping. Swampert can probably take an attack and hit back with Surf against something like Hippowdon (who Jolteon will NOT Ohko with HP Grass). Ludicolo in a Rain Dance can sweep your whole team with the exception of Tauros, probably. Scarfcross can OHKO every one of your Pokémon, but then again, he gets locked because of choice. Probably Tauros Intimidate will make him 2HKO Tauros, but that shouldn't be much of a problem.
Back to top Go down

New team? Rate it?
Page 1 of 1