Chimchar Forums
Chimchar Youtube Problem... 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Chimchar Youtube Problem... 349-1
Chimchar Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready for a battle?

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inChatSearch

Chimchar Youtube Problem...

Go down 
+4
Jordan
Prof. Poseidon
Prof. Slowfreak
Mr.Man
8 posters

Posting Gym Battles On Youtube.
Good for advertizing!
Chimchar Youtube Problem... I_vote_lcap27%Chimchar Youtube Problem... I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
Hurting our gym leader group!
Chimchar Youtube Problem... I_vote_lcap47%Chimchar Youtube Problem... I_vote_rcap
 47% [ 7 ]
Prof. Monkey is over reacting.
Chimchar Youtube Problem... I_vote_lcap13%Chimchar Youtube Problem... I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
I feel strongly on none of the above.
Chimchar Youtube Problem... I_vote_lcap13%Chimchar Youtube Problem... I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Mr.Man

Number of posts : 448

Chimchar Youtube Problem... Empty
PostSubject: Chimchar Youtube Problem...   Chimchar Youtube Problem... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 11:42 pm

ok lately people have been advertizing on youtube, that is all fine and dandy EXCEPT for some videos
the videos that upset me are the ones that defeat our gym leaders! people might think, "well hey it's nothing." in my opinion it's a problem, here's why
new members might see youtube video's and come, IF they catch a gym battle, they will see the gym leader's lead, pokemon, and ways to defeat the gym leaders pokemon
if that isn't be enough our good old members might go there as well and plan to beat a gym leader on the first try
this things make gym battles unfair and much rougher on the gym leaders, and if we let this go one, when we get our E4 they too could end up on youtube causing a huge disadvantage to our E4 in the future
please vote and let me know what you guys feel feel about this

Monkey
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

Number of posts : 802
Misc. Info : Hello

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Youtube Problem...   Chimchar Youtube Problem... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 11:45 pm

Im also very concerned about this!
If i see any videos concerning my gym/pokemon, you will not get your bagde!
Same goes for other leaders, please respect them and their pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Poseidon

Number of posts : 676

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Youtube Problem...   Chimchar Youtube Problem... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 11:53 pm

The gym leaders should be prepared for anything shouldn't they? Plus I know my gym teams have pokemons I switch with and I rarely use the same team or strat against the same person.
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Youtube Problem...   Chimchar Youtube Problem... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 12:13 am

Unofficial Prof. Lenny wrote:
The gym leaders should be prepared for anything shouldn't they? Plus I know my gym teams have pokemons I switch with and I rarely use the same team or strat against the same person.

yes but doing that isnt veryrespectful without the leraders say in it
Back to top Go down
Prof. Poseidon

Number of posts : 676

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Youtube Problem...   Chimchar Youtube Problem... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 12:21 am

Norwegianboy and I came to an agreement about it and puhleaze if u think noobs will kill the leaders JUST because of this then the gym leaders must suck. No offense to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Youtube Problem...   Chimchar Youtube Problem... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 12:22 am

Prof. Slowfreak wrote:
Im also very concerned about this!
If i see any videos concerning my gym/pokemon, you will not get your bagde!
Same goes for other leaders, please respect them and their pokemon.

I would be Pretty mad if i see my Pokes on Youtube too so SLow i can see where your coming from
Back to top Go down
Dragongymboy
Dragongymboy

Number of posts : 657
Location : Karratha, Western Australia, Australia, Earth ...(I could go on and on)
Misc. Info : EVIL PERSON

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Youtube Problem...   Chimchar Youtube Problem... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 12:40 am

i personnaly wouldn't give a damn if they where on would news but other people might want a bit of a secret in their strategy and who else has posted a vid i want to see it ! and it's common sense to ask someone before yo put them on youtube it's not like you're asking them to marry you they'll most probably say yes!
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Thomas

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Youtube Problem...   Chimchar Youtube Problem... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 4:38 pm

Well, there's nothing you can do about people recording their battles with Gym Leaders. I mean, someone can secretly record a battle with me and of course, I'd be upset. But then again, there's nothing I can do so I just let be. Or flame whoever it is like hell. So if you're a Gym Leader and don't want people knowing your team, tell your opponents not to video record and/or not to disclose any information regarding movesets of the team. Chances are, this won't really help, but if you're some kind of respected member that this newb would like to be friends with, you probably could get them to listen.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Man

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Youtube Problem...   Chimchar Youtube Problem... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 4:44 pm

Thomas wrote:
Well, there's nothing you can do about people recording their battles with Gym Leaders.
well if gym leaders are against it, they could make gym rules against it, resulting in no badge for the opponent, i guess it will mostly be up to the indivisual gym leaders at the moment

Monkey
Back to top Go down
phoenix
phoenix

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Youtube Problem...   Chimchar Youtube Problem... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:26 am

um people would it be ok if the gyms who cared edited their rules and then people who post vid's on tube and stuff would be busted and lose all their badges because if you record a battle you have been asked not too it's only fair! i like being recorded though it makes me feel loved! Lol??? sxeness lol!
Back to top Go down
BuG
BuG

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Youtube Problem...   Chimchar Youtube Problem... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 7:59 pm

this sounds sorta lame to me you can put video's of my battles if you want

because if you really have skill you should be able to overcome this....
Back to top Go down
phoenix
phoenix

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Youtube Problem...   Chimchar Youtube Problem... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 2:42 am

I think it's not the best idea because everyone goes on youtube and someone cuold get the name of this site and send a spider or something
but other than that I think it's a good idea
phoenix fight drunken
Back to top Go down
Prof. Slowfreak
Prof. Slowfreak

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Youtube Problem...   Chimchar Youtube Problem... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 10:22 am

Ok guys, we can stop now.
The voting has decided that its hurting our leaders
Its up to teh leaders to decide.
Lock this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chimchar Youtube Problem...   Chimchar Youtube Problem... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chimchar Youtube Problem...
Page 1 of 1